5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST Music App EVER!
Published on January 10, 2012 by Mister Mike

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work!!!
I have tried the free version first and was impressed. So I thought the $4.99 was well justified. How wrong I was!! This version WILL FORCECLOSE EVERY TIME!!! I went to the developers website and tried their suggs. to fix this and it did not work.
I did contact the developers and did not hear back from them. If it works for you, great but if it does not there is no...
Published on December 1, 2012 by Nick

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST Music App EVER!, January 10, 2012
This review is from: Chordbot Pro (App)
If you are a musician of ANY kind: Pro to Beginner and Pop to Classical, you will LOVE this music app. It is simple and intuitive and plays more music styles than you will ever think to use. I installed it on my Kindle Fire and it sounds amazing! I like the simple intuitive layout and I had no trouble understanding how to quickly arrange a set of chord changes. This is a well designed program with high quality sound samples and very musical accompaniment progressions. It will turn your android device into a real virtual keyboard/guitar accompanist.

Here is a short list of Chordbot's practical uses:

> Learn chords and chord progressions. When you try out the many different chords (and they are very complete), you will instantly hear the way some keys fit together and others do not.
> Create fast accompaniments for traditional songs. You do not have to be a pianist, pick the chords, set the meter, set the tempo and you have something that could play for a choir for band.
> Compose your own music. This is a simple sequencer and you can put the chords together for intro, verse, chorus and bridge, etc. Files are saved and exported as WAV audio files or MIDI sequencer files.
> Practice with your own accompanist. Set up simple I-IV-V chords progressions and practice in any key and any tempo using everything from basic block chords to pop and classical arpeggios.
> Play. Just for fun. This is the best part, as no instrument skills are needed, everyone from children to adults with tin-ears will enjoy playing with this program/instrument. Highly Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic songwriting tool, November 18, 2011
This review is from: Chordbot Pro (App)
What a clever idea! First, make it possible for a budding musician or songwriter to create virtually any chord. Next, allow that musician to string the courts together one after another, as if he or she were writing a lead sheet. Next, allow the time signature and tempo to vary for every bar, if desired. Finally, allow fifty variations in song types, techno, guitar, piano, etc. etc., so any chord sequence can generate fifty song types.

Beautiful interface, a fantastic learning tool. The only negative on this device is that accessing the "save song" feature is not as intuitive as it ought to be, the buttons are somewhat small, and also, more importantly, the application does not support auto-rotation, which is really annoying if you are listening with a headset, because in my view the headset plug on the Kindle is in the wrong place.

That said, if you are a soloist or composer, this is something you are probably going to want to have.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool app, play with the free version first, March 24, 2011
M. Stefanko (Pittsburgh, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chordbot Pro (App)
I'd recommend the free version for most people. Nice for experimenting with new rhythm as well as a quick backing track to play other instruments over top. The interface is nice, and it's pretty cool for what it is. I don't think most people will need the additional pro features, other than maybe getting more variety on the sound. But I don't find myself using this often enough to justify that expense, but it does exactly what it says well, so its a decent app.

4.0 out of 5 stars very well behaved, good interface, no ads, June 24, 2012
This review is from: Chordbot Pro (App)
I have recently joined the "smart phone" world, and have begun to hunt for and test new apps. while relatively new to this world, several things have become very apparent.

One, there are a great many apps which are not worth even looking at - badly done, full of spyware and ads, basically battery hogging junk.

Fortunately, this app is not in that category. Chordbot is well behaved, has a good interface, minimal permissions, and works rather well. So far, it is the best app I have used (though, granted, I have only used a few dozen at this point).

It is basically designed to let one piece together music by arranging a list of chords and picking beats and styles. There is a large list of styles, with accompaniment centered on guitar, piano, or keyboards. There are also several songs as examples for you to follow.

One can build a song in many sections, and change parts of it at any time. One can save the songs and ply them back later. I'm sure there are more features I haven't discovered yet, but what I have used is solid, predictable, and well behaved.

One of the styles immediately led me to put together most of the Door's "Light My Fire," so I could sing along and have some fun.

I think this could easily be a serious tool for musicians and composers to put together rough ideas for song arrangements and grab momentary inspiration when it hits in unexpected locations. I intend to use it to write songs and create quick accompaniment as backup for guitar and voice.

Well worth the money - recommended.

Tested on a Samsung Transform Ultra.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Compositional Tool, August 24, 2013
This review is from: Chordbot Pro (App)
2 things that always have me shaking my head---those who give an app one star because they don't know how to use it or understand what it does, and those who carp that a couple of bucks is "too much" to pay for an app. 10-15 years ago we called it "software" and this would have easily been a $50 program. I would have loved this back then, and certainly love it now, I've used it almost daily for months as a tool for composing music to which I then add other elements, vocals, guitar etc. in my home studio (which I also wish I'd had 15 years ago). In short, Chordbot presents almost unlimited possibilities for modular-based composition, the sounds are more than acceptable for demo purposes, my only quibble, and I hope the devs read this, is there are no options for utilizing the full stereo spectrum via pan controls. If you're at all serious about writing music in any capacity, I recommend plonking down five bucks--less than the cost of a burger & fries--and get yourself a valuable tool that you can take anywhere, for whenever inspiration strikes, because as anyone who's written songs knows, you can have a great idea but by the time you get home to a recording device it's more often than not forgotten or morphed into something different. Chordbot is the simply the best music compositional tool for portable devices on the market. I wish it had pan controls, but am still giving it 5 stars for being amazing as it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect App for Songwriters, January 28, 2013
This review is from: Chordbot Pro (App)
This app is perfect and helps so much when writing a song. Just having the chord progressions really helps. At first I wondered if it would be worth $5 but in my opinion it definitely is. It has every cord imaginable with great rhythm options and is easy to navigate. The only thing the could add would be to tell you how to play the chords. Fantastic app!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars best app!, November 7, 2012
This review is from: Chordbot Pro (App)
This by far is the easiest sequencing app I have ever used. Good for beginners to advanced composers. And there is a good variety of sounds to tinker with. I hightly recommend this application.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this tool!, November 3, 2012
This review is from: Chordbot Pro (App)
Chordbot pro is an excellent tool for very quickly setting up a basic song chord structure, rhythm and tempo. You can send the resulting MIDI file to your computer and import it right into your favorite composition/mixing software. Very well done!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really love this app, March 2, 2013
Brian (Decatur, IL, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chordbot Pro (App)
I love this app so much, I bought it first for my iPhone. I was very happy when I saw I could get it for my Droid tablet through Amazon. If there was a PC version, I would probably buy that too :)

It's so simple to use, has tons of options -- multiple tracks, multiple instruments, multiple styles, inversions ... You can make something simple or very complex. Also anything you make that you really like can be emailed as midi file. Those can be imported it into you Digital Audio Workstation software for manipulation or imported into Synths. You can also export songs to an audio file.

I suppose you could make the next big hit with it. But I also think it's great for learning and prototyping like the developer says. It's also great for just playing around.

I would be really surprised if you didn't enjoy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun App And A Serious Creative Tool, March 12, 2012
This review is from: Chordbot Pro (App)
What a great song idea creator. Within minutes I had ideas that I wanted to explore further. It really helps the creative process and is simple to use.

Chordbot Pro