Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on January 25, 2014
My seven year old son loved this truck.

Pro - It does a great job climbing over stuff.
Con - Battery life is short. So you only get about 20 mins of constant fun before they have to be recharged or replaced.

I highly recommend the Off-Road Rock Crawler
on January 7, 2014
Our grandson asked for a remote controlled car for Christmas. He was so surprised and delighted with his "monster truck"! Nothing or no one is safe now, especially their poor long suffering Rottweiler!!
on January 29, 2014
My 6.5 year old son got this for Christmas. He has used it quite a bit (probably well over 4 hours total) since then and the thing is going strong on the first set of batteries we put in it! I don't know if this is because he only drives it for about 10 minutes at a time, but I'm impressed. For the price, he's had a ton of fun and we haven't had to fuss with it much. He likes to run his hot wheels over with it, and it entertains him :)
on December 15, 2013
Straight out of the box it was already defective! The steering control under the body wouldn't let the wheels stay in a straight line and refuse to turn to the left. For the money spent i think it is very cheaply made. I found a very similar toy for half the price with better construction and more options.
on January 3, 2012
Great fun. Goes over rocks well and has soft rubber tires but after only two days the steering went out.
on January 10, 2013
Moves quick over flat surfaces, and finds its way over most reasonable obstacles. For the price, it is what i expected.
on January 12, 2012
We hid this under a table Christmas morning and gave our 3 yr old grand son the controller, when he hit the button it came zooming out at him! Good thing we gave him this last because he wasnt intersted in anything else the rest of the day!!
on December 29, 2011
This is a nice little toy, however it doesn't climb as well as shown in video. My 7 year old seems to enjoy it as well as my 5 yo nephew. All in all not bad for the price.
on August 28, 2011
It is important to note here that I did not buy this to use as a toy or to give as a gift. I bought it with the hope of building a roving camera platform. And this is my first experience with RC vehicles. A younger acquaintance had told me not to buy this, that it would not be adequate for my intentions. He was right. The first thing I noticed was that all the controls (just speed and direction) were very basic. No digital proportional stuff here. When you pull the trigger to go forward or back, it's on or off- no in-between, no gradual acceleration. For a toy sold as a rock crawler, I think the speed is a bit fast. There is no ability to slow down for the rough stuff. Same with steering. Hard left, or hard right. As for the body, most serious RC vehicles have the body mounted to four pins and retained with clips. This one is attached with screws to the underside. A portion of the antenna wire is glued to the ceiling of the cab making it challenging to remove the body. The range outside is about 50 - 60 feet. I had planned to control it from inside my motorhome with an attached wireless infrared camera to see around outside at night. Transmitting through glass and fiberglass, the range dropped to about 12 feet, which is about 20 feet under what I need. I can't say that I recommend this even as a toy. It is cheaply made and not repairable. When something breaks, it will most likely wind up in the trash. But if you need lessons in why it is necessary to spend more money on an RC vehicle (like I did), go for it. One more thing, Amazon states in one location that it takes six AA batteries, in another location- that it uses three. The vehicle itself requires SIX AA batteries, along with a 9 volt battery for the control.
on January 31, 2012
We bought this toy for my son's 7th birthday. It was great on day one, but the steering stopped working the second day. It would go front and back but nowhere else. We tried everything to try and fix it but ended up sending it back and getting our money back. Wished it would have been more durable. We just don't know what happened!