Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: PS3 Controller Charge Cable, Black (6 Foot)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on July 18, 2011
Update: 7/29/12
Now that the cost of this has come down to a reasonable price for what you're getting I can certainly recommend the product. Glad that this isn't selling for 4x what it used to. No issues with quality.

Original Review:
Alright first off this cable is highly unnecessary and if you purchase this solely for charging your PS3 controller then you are overpaying.

If you want a cheap alternative then you should just get this: Cables To Go 27005 USB 2.0 A to Mini-B Cable, Black (2 Meter/6.56 Feet) It is 1/2 the cost and does the same exact thing! If you need something even longer go with RiteAV - USB 2.0 A to Mini-B 5-pin Cable 15 ft.

Don't overpay for something you don't have to! This is nothing more than a USB 2.0 A to Mini B cable!

3 stars for being overpriced
88 comments|48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 24, 2012
I'm not sure what the top reviewer is talking about concerning the price. I got two of these for $6 recently. I know Amazon's prices fluctuate, but $3 is pretty darned reasonable I think. Anyway. This cord works like a charm and is twice as long as the stock cord that comes with the PS3. I don't know what more to say honestly. What more could you need out of a cord? It charges the controllers, it's durable, it's a reasonable length, it's very affordable, and it's a nice matching black color.
on January 30, 2012
Nice to have a longer charge cable for the controllers. This thing feels well made. Solid construction and seems durable enough. Charges just as quickly as you would expect it to with no issues. As always, Amazon got it to my front door in a hurry with no issues, thank you Prime.
on January 28, 2014
i have had this charging cable for about two weeks now,i have had no problem with charging my ps3 controllers,i also use this cable to charge my playstation pulse elite headset,it works just the same as the offical playstation charger that comes with the ps3,and i see a few comments where people claim this does not charge their ps3 controllers..they must have bad controllers,because my cable charges them just fine
on July 31, 2013
This is a good cable and I have had zero problems with it after a year of use at this point.
on August 17, 2012
This wire fits the PS3 slot, and fit the port on the controller, however it only charges my off brand controller, but neither of my PS3 brand controllers. since shipping is high, spend a couple dollars more and get a name brand one which has a protector on the wire, is longer, and fits all controllers.
on August 9, 2013
i choose 5 star as PS3 Controller Charge Cable, Black (6 Foot) was sent to me as quickly as stated , was a new power cord, was in a good packadge, wasent damaged,and wasent very expencive,i will shop with this seller again thank you
on December 27, 2013
They don't look like the picture. The bag they come in says they are ps3 cables but they are just regular usb to mini-usb cables. I use my ps3 cable to connect my hard drive to my dvd player. These cables do not work for that. My ps3 cable does.
on April 30, 2016
I bought this for my ps3 controller, I didn't realize how long it was! I am glad though because we mostly use our Ps3 for netflix and when I have my baby laying on my chest fast asleep and I can't move I don't have to, the cord is long enough to reach across the room and then some!! It is perfect for those gamers who like to move around. I can't believe the quality of it for the price. I mean at first I was iffy and liek "Well it might be junk because it is so cheap." It is far from junk though and I am so happy I bought it. You really should buy it yourself because it is a great product that wont let you down.
on February 26, 2011
For some reason Sony chose not to include one of these with the purchase of a new controller. Nor was I able to find an official Sony version of this cable being sold. In other words, Sony is content to let you live with the one that comes with your system. Well, if like me you believe that one isn't enough for your multiple controllers, consider your dilemma solved.