5.0 out of 5 stars The best shoes in my collection
Published on November 1, 2007 by Rafael E. Belliard

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: The BLACK shoes are not black!!!
Be advised, they are not BLACK shoes. The color says black, but they are more like a faded navy or faded purplish color combination...very weird looking, like the dye used was of inferior quality. Comparable to leaving your shoes out in the sun for a couple weeks straight, or wearing them in ocean water several times.

Also, the picture on the Amazon website...
Published 12 months ago by Grego Mayorkian

5.0 out of 5 stars The best shoes in my collection, November 1, 2007
Rafael E. Belliard (Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Slip-on (Apparel)
I recently received a pair of these (the Charcoal/Orange ones, by the way) and I must say I am delighted with them. First off, these are my first pair of Chuck Taylors I have ever owned and worn, so it's not like these are just one more to my collection of Chucks. Although they look somewhat painful on the feet because of the apparent lack of arch-support of shoes I usually wear, they feel really, really great. They are the lightest shoes I have worn, they are very comfortable and the marvelous lack of laces make these my new choice for everyday wear. On top of that, they look gorgeous pretty much on top of anything.

A note of caution for people who have never bought Chuck Taylors before: it's no joke when Converse itself advices the american market buy them a size smaller than your regular wear if you're a male and 2 sizes smaller in case you're a female. In my case, I'm a male who typically wears size 11.5, but I ordered them size 11, because I was so scared that they would be too tight and would not be wearable. Upon arrival, I tried them out and as I expected, I had about half an inch of free space inside the shoes, and although on slip ons it's preferred to have a somewhat tight grip on the shoes, they still feel and behave greatly.

Simply put, they're the most comfortable and overall best shoes I own. =)

Edit: Two years later, they're good as new.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing shoes when you find the right size, February 21, 2011
This review is from: Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Slip-on (Apparel)
Some of the most comfortable shoes I've ever had.

After having a black pair for a year, I'm getting a new pair. Don't get the John Varvatos version - they're different and fit a lot looser. These ones are the totally classic looking version. The seams around the eyelets get frayed with wear but not in a bad way - it adds to the look.

The best thing is that you can get them on with one hand very quickly and easily. If I'm going out to the yard with the dog I'll wear clogs, but to go to the store down the street, or walk anywhere, I'll wear these. You can even run in them for a short distance and they feel fine.

It sounds silly, but not having to tie laces is a majorly cool feature, it saves time and effort when you're running out the door. I like to take my shoes off when I come inside my house - doing so with these is super easy and ditto throwing them on when going out.

I wore Chucks for years, and I think these slipons look a bit neater than laceup Chucks. If they were clean and new, I would feel comfortable wearing these almost anywhere.

I can't stress enough: they are incredibly comfortable. My other shoes are Clarks, keens, merrels, ecco's, teva's, chacos, and frye's, and I usually use inserts with them; these shoes are more comfortable than any of them.

Had to send them back twice to get the right fit, even taking the Converse sizing into account. I'd advise to get them a bit snug as they break in very nicely, or try them on in a store. I normally wear a 10 or 10.5, but in these I wear a 9.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slip On Greatness (Aye, NO LACES), April 14, 2007
This review is from: Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Slip-on (Apparel)
I have a couple pairs of these and I love'em! They are perfect for walking the dog, going to the store, or just goofing around the house.

I like that they are slip on, makes it easy to get in and out of them quickly.

BTW, they are not supposed to have laces!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars cool shoes, January 7, 2008
Great shoes, my son loves them. The only thing is that these shoes run big and being that they don't lace, it is better to order conservatively so that they fit properly.

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: The BLACK shoes are not black!!!, December 12, 2013
This review is from: Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Slip-on (Apparel)

Also, the picture on the Amazon website of the black ones makes them look like a faded grey.....NOT indicative of what they look like.

I looked at the 5 colors available at my local mall and a separate retailer, the black ones are the weird color, not even close to black.

If you are clicking on BLACK, thinking they are black like the normal BLACK Converse shoes we all love, you will have a rude awakening when they arrive.

Go to a local shoe store that carries them and look for yourself first, if possible. If you don't live near a retailer and order the black ones....well, you've been warned.

Other then the inferior color, I have to say the shoe looks good and looks like normal Converse quality.

In summary, have I made it clear to you, that the black shoes are no where near any black color I've ever seen!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes!, December 18, 2008
This is the 2nd or 3rd pair of slip on Converse I have bought for my Grandson. He can put them on himself, so you get the Converse look without the hassle of the laces on the original style. There is nothing cuter, or longer wearing than a pair of Converse on a kid. They run big. I wish they came in more colors for the sale price. These shoes can take a beating and wash well in the washing machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars listen to the sizing advice!!!, February 9, 2010
This review is from: Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Slip-on (Apparel)
i'm so so so glad i bought these shoes!! i love them! MAKE SURE you listen to the sizing advice!! i usually wear a 7.5 in womens..no bigger no smaller..and i ordered a 4.5 and crossed my fingers since they usually run a size small..and they're men's sizes. they look great! if only it wasn't a blizzard i could go out and wear them! i bought the chocolate with the blue toungue. SUPER CUTE! i haaaate wearing tennis shoes..i'd rather be barefoot all the time..but i was willing to compromise for slip ons :) love them! buy these!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars So Easy to Slip On and Off!, March 20, 2007
To the former reviewer: I wish you had let your son try them on; they are "slip" on shoes - no laces required.

I have two pairs and LOVE them (pink and olive). I take my little boy to a music class every week and always wear them since shoes are not allowed in the music room. I don't even have to bend down (yes, I am that lazy sometimes!) to remove mine; I just push them off with the opposite foot.

The only negative (why I gave them 4 stars instead of 5) is that there is quite a bit of fraying on the top of the shoe. It hasn't caused any problems, I just wish it didn't happen at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sneakers, January 1, 2014
W. Duncan "creaker" (Boston, MA, United States) - See all my reviews
My son has special needs and can't do laces. These let him put on his own sneakers. They look great and are easy to wash, if needed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe - misleading color!, April 18, 2013
I am a huge fan of Converse and waited quite awhile to order a pair in gray. They arrived yesterday and the shoe fits perfectly. However, they are most definitely NOT gray/charcoal. Thinking it was just me, I asked a few people what color they thought it was and received the same answer from everyone - light green/khaki. So again, great shoe, great price, NOT charcoal.

Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Slip-on