Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

• Customer Reviews

on January 25, 2015
The only shoe my 16-year old will wear. Finding black on black hi-tops can be difficult, finding them in his size can be a nightmare. I was both excited and thankful when I found them on Amazon and for less than the local mall prices. They arrived quickly and put a smile on my son's face! Thank you.
on August 18, 2013
Use these shoes primarily for my squat and deadlift workouts, Only thing that kept me from giving this product 5 stars is that the tongue of the shoe came creased and slides over during activity. I find myself readjusting every 20 minutes. Other than that, great shoe that is timeless.
on May 27, 2015
I've purchased converse many many times in the past and have always been satisfied. This stayed true with these ones. The price was great and they arrived a day earlier than expected. They are comfortable and fit very well. The sizing can be confusing though. I am a size 9 in U.S. Women's and ordered a 7 due to guidance from other reviews.
review image
on January 12, 2016
I need black shoes for work and I need them to be quiet when I walk. I'v been getting these for years.

They're canvas, so they don't hold up that long, and there is really no arch support, but I still like them.
on May 1, 2016
Just like the classic black and white ones but all black. Fits the same, wears the same, wears out the same. The only difference is the logo on the ankle is made of rubber and sort of sticks out. And there's sometimes a small loop on the tongue that I don't know what it does. I don't use it. Sometimes in the description pictures they almost look a little green, but they come very black. Black inside as well. After about a year of being in the sun they fade to what some people describe as a somewhat greenish tint.
on July 16, 2016
Either the pair of Converse I received from this seller were counterfeit knock-offs or Converse has farmed out their manufacturing to the cheapest country with the poorest of quality standards. I bought this pair of Monochrome Blck All-Star Hi-Tops because it is my favorite style and my current pair was getting worn. When the new pair arrived I took them out of the box and placed them in my closet to be ready when the older pair was completely done. Well, the new pair had sat in my closet for about three weeks until today when I finally needed to wear them and to my dismay I discovered that they were the worst pair of Comverse I had ever seen. I wish I had inspected them better prior to trusting this seller and having thrown away the box so that I could return them. When I attempted to lace up and wear these shoes they felt oddly uncomfortable on my feet as if they were not the correct size and then I noticed the laces were at least 6 inches shorter than the standard All-Star Hi-Top laces. As I neared the top eyelets of the shoes one of the metal rings that surround the eyelets completely fell apart and off of the shoe. That when I took the shoes off and began inspecting them thoroughly. It is than that I noticed excessive glue at every seam as if the shoes were sloppily put together, the rubber emblem patch on the side of the shoe was incorrect and poorly seen on. I started comparing the new shoes to my older pair and not even the insole was correct, it was a completely different color, the new insole was black and the old was white. The actual bottom sole of the shoes were completely different as well with the original and authentic pair displaying the shoe size and the counterfeit pair not. I compared the model numbers of the shoes and they were the only thing that matched but the labels that they were printed on were completely different as well, not only were they different but they were both manufactured in completely different countries. The labels on the heel of the shoes were also completely different. This is the second time I have made a purchase on Amazon and have been shipped a counterfeit item, the last time it was a Carhartt hat that I ordered. I will no longer be shopping on Amazon as they do not monitor the products that these independent sellers are ripping us off with. I was ripped-off and will only be ordering my converse from Converse's website directly from here on out.
on May 5, 2014
I have been wearing Chucks since I was a teenager so I know what size I wear. Word of caution to anyone buying these new, go to a physical store and tray few pair on to see what your "Converse Size' is. Otherwise these shoes are AWESOME!
on September 18, 2014
I bought these shoes since I was looking for something light weight and nimble to use for running/parkour and sparring. At first I was hesitant, because all I could find was that punkish god-awful black and white color scheme and a bunch of neon colors. When I found these I thought they looked good being a solid color, so after much hesitation I placed my order. When they got here I tried them on, broke them in for a week, and now I feel confident in writing this review in saying that these shoes are very good at what they are designed to be. Light, conforming, and well built shoes.

I haven't been on a run in a couple of years because my normal footwear is 14" boots or cheap sandals. When running, there is almost no weight on your feet, so it feels like running in socks or Japanese tabi shoes. The rubber soles feel incredibly secured to the rest of the shoe. The traction on grass is a little below average, due to the depth and shape of the pattern. But on pavement, this doesn't matter too much. The laces are a little easy to undue with a half wrap, but wrapping the knot fully around the first loop should prevent this while still allowing you to pull the string out. Lastly, putting them on is a bit of a pain due to the fact that the body is made of cotton. I have to loosen the strings a lot more than I'm used to get them on, but they all tighten back up really quickly once it's on.

I have used them in a martial arts setting also, and they performed especially well. You have the protection of a regular shoe against sticker burrs and weeds without the weight of a tennis shoe. You can turn on a dime and move your feet as if you were bare footed. The only complaint here is that my feet are a bit wide and sometimes I fear twisting my ankle, but this can be remedied by making sure the string is tight down the length of your foot.

All in all, this shoe surprised me with how well it's made and it's light-weighted nature. I'd definitely recommend for anyone in any kind of sport involving agility and emphasis on footwork where your feet don't necessarily need to be overly protected (football and hiking require more foot protection than these offer). And the color scheme if this particular model isn't overly atrocious like most other Converse. I like these shoes, quite a bit.

As for interactions with the seller, there were none other than the Amazon order confirmation, Amazon shipping notification, and a separate thank you email from the seller themselves. Shipped within 24 hours of placing the order.
on January 24, 2015
The first ones were large and I took my granddaughter to the store to try them on for sizing and then returned and reordered the shoes. The return and reorder went super smooth and refunding happened as stated. The new shoes fit great and my granddaughter loves them. Amazon thank you for making my granddaughter happy and keeping me in her favor.
on March 1, 2014
I was having a conversation with a friend... we were discussing wearing Cons since we were kids many years ago. I can't imagine any other style of shoe will have the longevity these have since the style hasn't changed since inception. The all blacks are great looking and they fit to size. The cost was the same the black and whites, so these are a good purchase at the price point. If you want to be really kind to your feet, purchase a pair of Scholl's insoles for arch support and you'll have a great pair of all arounds for the warmer months.