1,263 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars The 10th Doctor's shoes.
Published 19 months ago by T. Munson

1.0 out of 5 stars Fix the Sizing Chart, For Crying Out Loud
Published on February 23, 2011 by L. Harry

5.0 out of 5 stars The 10th Doctor's shoes., December 5, 2012
T. Munson (Smyrna, Tn United States) - See all my reviews
Yeah, I'm a dork. I only bought these unbleached Chucks because they are the same ones worn by Doctor Who. Love em'! Look out for the sizing if you have wider feet. I ordered a half size larger than I usually wear because Converse always smash my pinky toes on the sides. The size of Chucks that I can wear comfortably always end up having the rubber toe cap extend beyond my toes...so basically the rubber end is empty, but they don't feel too big, but just right and they look fine on me. Now I just need to work on that Doctor Who hairstyle. Ha!

*UPDATE: These ARE REAL Converse, no matter what other reviewers say. I noticed that the sole and patch did not have the circle "R" trademark stamp and I did call the company afraid I might have gotten fakes. The rep said they dropped the "R" on Chucks a while back and they do have Converse made in Vietnam, Indonesia and China also. Plus, I've been buying Chucks for like 26yrs and they have never had a "cushioned insole". They are always flat, hard...that's just the way they are.

Why the heck would someone put "Made in Indonesia" on a tag if they were trying to "fake" an American product? Hello? Duh. Don't freak out, peeps. The canvas is normal quality, the star patch is tight and crystal clear and the rubber sole IS normal. They are legit! I looked into it because I don't want fake Chucks either. Do some research before giving bad reviews.

4.0 out of 5 stars the only shoe...ever made., September 15, 2007
"Chucks" are the only shoes that have ever existed. Ever since 1923, Chuck Taylor All-Stars have been "just a piece of rubber and canvas"- they haven't changed one bit from the sands of time. These shoes are devilishly simple, and customizable in every way. Everyone may be wearing Chucks these days, but you can still make them your own. There are so many ways- what color would you like? One of the core colors- black and white? Monochrome black? White? Red? Green? Blue? Pink? How about the latest pattern or print? Every year Converse also pumps out new seasonal colors, and different styles such as double-tongued shoes, "tear-aways", faded looking ones, everything. You can buy different color laces or you can go crazy with a Sharpie and draw up some art all over your shoes. And for something seemingly so flimsy, they're pretty durable. My shoes have withstood countless running and hitting the asphalt, games of soccer, basketball, jumping from everywhere, the basic abuse a teen can dish out to his feet. Granted, they may not be too comfortable at first, but once your feet gets used to them, well, you don't even notice you're wearing them anymore. Nevertheless, it does have some setbacks, but if you look at modern shoes, you can see the differences in design. But for something from over 3/4 of a century ago, you've got to admit they're pretty darn impressive. The skinny:

PROS

-customizable in any way- laces can be easily replaced and be done up in any pattern you wish

-look great with anything and everything; the unisex casual sneaker that will even draw you the occasional compliment from coworkers or friends.

-lightweight compared to most shoes of today

-so many colors- from your basic core colors (black, red, green, blue, white, or pink) to different designs (60s tie dye, camo, skulls, flames, etc.)

-also different kinds of shoes- from the classics to the newer double uppers, tear-aways (shoes with two layers of canvas, and some parts are already torn away to show the brighter underlayer), double-tongued, and also DIFFERENT MATERIALS like leather or suede.

CONS

-the color fades; especially in the harsh sun. My navy blue Taylors have been bleached to the color of very faded blue denim.

-the rubber parts of the shoe can get dirty rather quickly, but are easily cleanable.

-overall the shoe is pretty comfortable, but not recommended for prolonged running or a whole day on the boardwalk. It depends a lot on the shape of your foot- if your feet are flat, you'll find that these shoes are a match made in heaven. Otherwise you may have some issues, but not so bad they're unwearable.

-I don't know what it is about it, but they make your feet look bigger than they really are.

-NOT TO BE USED AS A SKATE SHOE. Converse shoes are made from canvas, which won't give you any mercy from runaway boards, and they do NOT have adequate cushioning on the top, bottom, or sides for such an activity.

NOTE: BUY A HALF-SIZE SMALLER THAN WHAT YOU'RE AIMING FOR. A Converse size 10 is, in reality, a 10 1/2.

ANOTHER NOTE: If this bothers you, then you should know. Chucks are no longer manufactured in the USA. They are now outsourced to other countries, mostly China. Your Chucks won't be falling apart on you or anything, but know that Converse is now a subsidiary of Nike, a company known to use sweatshop labor to make their shoes.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fix the Sizing Chart, For Crying Out Loud, February 23, 2011
I know chucks have weird sizing, and so a women's 8 is a men's 6 and so forth, but the size chart given here is idiotic. There are literally about 50 different sizes listed in the item details, with M(D) and all sorts of other inscrutable nomenclature next to each size. Maybe this reseller should take a hint from the converse website which has SIZE/CONVERSE SIZE (women's 8/converse 6) so the customer can have a chance of ordering the right size.

4.0 out of 5 stars Leather Chucks are cool, July 12, 2007
The shoes are great for casual dress where you would normally need a pair of black shoes. They look sharp. They are well made and as comfortable as any other chuck shoe. They breathe well through the vents. All in all a good buy.
An important note, they seem to run a bit large. I wear an 11 in mens, they arrived at about 11 1/2, and now as they are breaking in they are about an 11 3/4- 12. I've read others saying the same thing. Buy a half size smaller than you would usually wear.
But still a cool shoe.

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit too big, December 2, 2013
I would suggest ordering a 1/2 size down from your normal shoe size. They have a lot of toe room!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice squat and deadlift shoes, March 25, 2011
Billy Jackson (Nashville, Tennessee United States) - See all my reviews
I'm not about to run or even do the treadmill in these, but for doing squats and deadlifts, these are perfect. When pulling or squatting heavy weight, it's important to have a firm, flat surface for keeping your balance and the weight distribution even. I find these shoes comfortable to wear during my workouts, and make the lifts much easier than using running shoes, socks only or deadlift slippers. A few cold days in the gym, and I started looking for a better way to pull and squat. I'm glad I did.

These are also cool looking shoes, and seem to be very stylish with many people. A few co-workers who own them express how comfortable they are. There's zero arch support, but since I have high arches, and only use them for specific workouts, I can live with that.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE ITTT, October 6, 2012
LOVE ITTT this IS really nice it came in less then a week, it fit perfectly just pick your regular shoe size. IM SO HAPPY

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Shoes EVER!, December 27, 2005
Abby Dancer (Rhode Island, USA) - See all my reviews
I got a pair of yellow low-tops for Christmas last year and I LOVE THEM!!! They're about to get holes in them because I wear them so much, and I'm trying to pick out what color I should get. There's so much to love about these shoes. There's like 25 colors to pick from, so there is the oppourtunity to have a piar for EVERY SINGLE OUTFIT. Or, you can wear just one pair, like I do, and mine go with everything. These shoes are breathable, unlike tennis shoes, so your feet don't get all sweaty, which is nice too. These shoes are quite flat inside, but there's nothing that an insert can't fix. THESE SHOES ARE THE BEST!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Confusing Shoe Sizes, January 11, 2006
Although converse are great shoes. I had trouble finding the right size and instead got a Mens 9. Somehow (7M / 9M Mens / Womens) is size 9. I thought it meant they were size 7 womens and got confused. Thus I had to pay shipping fees and return the shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars These run a half size too big, May 31, 2013
Love my converse! I remember them from high school, and they also ran a half size too big back in the day. Once you get the right size, they're great. I wear a 8 (womens) and ordered a 5.5 in Men's.

Rate and Discover Movies