- Paperback: 299 pages
- Publisher: Limelight Editions; 3 edition (September 1988)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0879101008
- ISBN-13: 978-0879101008
- Product Dimensions: 9.2 x 6.1 x 0.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,437,112 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Conversing with Cage Paperback – September, 1988
Top 20 lists in Books
View the top 20 best sellers of all time, the most reviewed books of all time and some of our editors' favorite picks. Learn more
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
More About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
If you are curious about why a composer would write music that is "silent", why he would use chance, nonintention, and denounce music as communication, this is a good book to begin an overview of Cage's philosophy of art.
It also shows that Cage's musical thought was not monolithic, but changed several times in the course of his life, as did his music.