From the Back Cover
This advice can transform your web site's success
When web design expert Ben Hunt set out to quantify thedifference between an ordinary web site and a great one, heexpected to find the key in design simplicity. But when his teammore than doubled the conversion rates for a wide range of sites,they identified simple yet powerful solutions involving design,copy, appropriate analysis, classic optimization techniques, andtargeted testing. You'll find the fixes easy to implement, andthey're all right here.
- Understand the essentials — your market, yourproposition, and your delivery
- Create a site that is seen by the right people, provides acompelling experience, and generates the desired action
- Learn how to use testing to improve your site's conversionrate
- Discover the holistic nature of web site optimization and whymultiplicity matters
- Examine dozens of simple techniques for building traffic,engaging your audience, and crafting effective calls to action
- Combine creativity with analysis for the best possibleresults
About the Author
teaches web designers, developers and marketers how to make websites that work
. Ben has been designing, coding, and producing web sites for clients worldwide for more than 17 years. He is considered a thought leader in web usability, web design and online marketing fields. His site webdesignfromscratch.com provides tutorials and advice to over 120,000 visitors each month.