Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Converting Wowio Books for Kindle...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 16, 2008 5:48:46 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2008 7:06:51 PM PST
I am wanting to know if anyone has tried converting Wowio Books and how well the cover images and text all come out.
I know you can mail them to Amazon to be converted, but as I am a 12.17 order I do not yet have my Kindle. I was just wondering if it was worth going ahead and sending them to be converted or not. (Note: Anyone with actual experience with Wowio PDF conversion is preferred to the people who comment for no apparent reason.)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2008 6:40:59 PM PST
Dean R says:
What type of format is Wowio? Amazon can't convert just anything. But since I don't know about Wowio I can't give you a good answer.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2008 7:04:54 PM PST
I realize it can't just convert anything.

Wowio's free books are in PDF format. I know it is "experimental" with PDF's. (That is why I asked for responses from people who had actually converted Wowio books in my first post.)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2008 7:52:19 PM PST
Dean R says:
Well, if you get no responses here you can always send one to be converted and have it sent directly to your kindle for 10 cents....worth the cost to find out. Or send it to amazon and have them email it to your home email....then use the USB to get it on the Kindle. That is free!

Anyway, good luck to ya and let us know how it turns out!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2008 8:09:44 PM PST
David Levine says:
I used Mobipocket creator to convert Wowio books without problem

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2008 8:37:08 AM PST
Go ahead with sending your WOWIO pdf's to Kindle.com for conversion. I'm happy with the forty or so that I've sent so far. Only one has been rejected (a big sucker on Drawing which was near 30 MB), and not very handy on the Kindle anyway. Go for it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Jan 16, 2008
Latest post:  Jan 17, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Kindle: Amazon's Original Wireless Reading Device (1st generation)
Kindle: Amazon's Original Wireless Reading Device (1st generation) by Amazon.com
4.2 out of 5 stars   (7,997)