Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on September 26, 2009
This is the greatest juicer I have ever used! I juice elderberries every year to make concentrate for the flu and cold season. These little berries are very hard to juice, and with the hanging time involved (usually over night) it took at least twelve hours just to get the juice. With this steamer juicer I had pure juice in one half hour and had made the concentrate and water bath canned it in a total of one hour. I have also used the steamer juicer for stawberries, blackberries, apples, and tomatoes with wonderful results. Winemakers and home canners would be doing themselves a big favor by purchasing one of these, as the time saved and the quality of the juice will pay for the juicer in no time.
44 comments|51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 6, 2009
I am very happy with the Cook N Home stainless steel steam juicer. I have wanted one since borrowing one from a friend last year. I have used it for juice when my grandsons visited and they were amazed how the juice came out through the tube into the pitcher. The price of the juicer was lower than I had found at other places. Again, I am very satisfied with this product..
this is being posted Oct.2012- 3 yrs after purchasing-I have used this product every year all through the season-we are still very pleased with it and my husband even said he didn't know how we managed without it all these years!!
on September 11, 2009
We wanted a stainless steel juicer to process fruit for making jelly, juice, wine, etc. - this one is half the cost of the original Mehu Llisa brand & works great! Very pleased with our purchase.
For most of my life, I had done all of the juicing/jellymaking the old fashioned way. Then, believe it or not, my mother purchased a steam juicer and raved about its efficiency. I had never even dreamed of such a thing! Amazon had this one listed on sale, and already considerably lower priced than its closest competitors, so I thought I would get one for myself. (About a decade ago, my mother's cost just over $100.) I've had it for months, as it was still winter when it arrived, but now I'm making jellies and juices and syrups...and this thing is a wonderful piece of equipment to add to your arsenal for canning. Minimal dilution by water, no foaminess induced by a blender, no pressing and wringing and aggravation as it runs through food mill and colander, then through jelly bags.

I took it to a friend's house where we were picking & processing mulberries and wild blackberries. In just a few hours, well over ten gallons of berries were processed into about three gallons of pure intense juice. She was amazed to see it come streaming out of the tube, like some sci fi cow giving mulberry milk! (she actually called a number of friends to report to them how this amazing steam juicer worked--it was worth every penny AND the sweaty labor of picking the fruit just to hear her!)

This particular juicer is not heavy duty stainless steel. Perhaps under truly heavy & regular use, this lighter weight stainless would prove to be an issue. I use a juicer a handful of times a year to process fruits & vegetables, so for me, lower price and lighter weight were both pluses! All of the parts fit together very well. It's easy to clean after use. My sole concern is that when the silicone tube for the juice finally begins to wear out, get brittle or show other signs of needing to be replaced, that may be a very tricky operation. In the meantime, I am anticipating years of trouble free use from this steam juicer.
on October 1, 2011
I purchased 60 pounds of concord grapes, I used 2 stainless steel steam juicers to extract juice from the grapes. The Cook N Home stainless steel 9.5 qt steam juicer worked great, but it is light weight quality (I also have the Back To Basics Stainless Steel Steam Juicer and the Cook N Cook brand is 2.5 pounds less in weight). You wash grapes, leave on stems and no need to take seeds out. Place grapes in top pan & the steam causes juice to drip into the middle pan, bottom pan has water that makes the steam.
I ended up with 28 or 29 quarts of juice. (it takes 45 minutes for a whole pan of juice to be ready). The middle pan has a tube coming from the side that allows you to drain juice into caning jars, place warm lid on & then canning ring & you are finished. Since I had 2 steam juicers going at the same time it only took me 3 times each to get the 60 pounds juiced.
To drink you can add 1 part juice to 1 part water or you can do like we do and drink it straight, no sugar or water.
Next I took leftover pulp/stems/seeds & put through a Foley mill and ended up with 8 cups of pure grape puree that I have dehydrating into fruit leathers(this took 7 hours for them to dry).
Then I took the pulp/stems/seeds that I had just run through the mill, placed in a large pan and added water, simmered on medium heat about 45 minutes, strained juice out & canned it for my 16 month old grandson (his mama gives him 1/2 juice & 1/2 water so this will be perfect for him) I took this juice & poured into 1/2 pint canning jars, placed warm lids on & then rings I got lots of bang for my buck!
UPDATE: After I put the pulp/seeds/stems through Foley Mill (for fruit rollups) I divided it into 2 pans & added 64 oz of water to each pan, let simmer, I ended up getting 18 half pints for my grandson & I will still need to dilute it. Its still pretty strong for him.

I plan on juicing apples next weekend. I will update you & let you know how much juice I get from a bushel of apples.
on September 9, 2009
I like this type of juicer because of the simplicity of it - put in the fruit, water in the bottom, put on the stove and juice flows out. I'd had one previously made of a light weight aluminum type of material, but this stainless steel is very nice.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 25, 2009
After using an aluminum juicer steamer, I was so much more impressed with the Cook N Home 9.5 Quart Stainless Steel Juicer Steamer when a friend brought it over for comparison. If you have a lot of fruit needing to be turned into jelly, then this pot system will make your life so much easier. It's very easy to understand how this operates w/ the instructions and let's face it, if you're preparing a bushel of grapes or berries, there will be much to clean up because you're cooking down a bushel of fruit. The best part is that you're maximizing the extraction while eliminating the pulp and that's just what you want when preparing jellies. I can't say how the system holds up, but it seemed to be put together well for a lightweight pot system.
on October 28, 2009
I used this for making juice for jams. I used it mainly so far for muscadine grapes. It worked wonderfully. After using it 5 or 6 times it's still in perfect condition.

Before I started looking for a juicer I never heard of steam juicers, but they work wonderfully and I will probably be using this a long time.

Update:
After three years this thing is still working perfectly! I have less things to juice now but the bottom part of the juicer is one of two main pots I use for everyday cooking. The hose is still in good condition. The hose clamp is lost but can't blame that on this juicer. Great Product
on October 7, 2009
Ive Made over 20 Gallons of grape and elderberry juice with it so far and it worked great. My only concern is the durability of the spot welded handles. Riveted handles would make this a 5 Star piece of canning equipment.
Even so, I believe it is still a good value for the dollar and every canning kitchen should have one.
VINE VOICEon October 19, 2010
I grew up with a steam juicer in the house. Every year my parents would pick berries in the garden and the wild and juice them for winter storage. We didn't have soda, we had juice instead.

As a young adult, I followed this tradition with my own steam juicer. But then I came to the US without this appliance, and since I wasn't familiar with the different berries in this country I didn't miss my juicer at first. Later I started grieving the loss because I had no idea what something like this might be called in English. And then, early this year, when I clicked on Amazon.com's "Friday Sale" for the very first time more by accident than anything else, there was "my" steam juicer...

Sorry for this long post, but these things are nearly as old as cast iron pans. The design hasn't changed either because it can't be improved.

I'm merely posting because I tried juicing crab apples for the first time this fall. These things are next to impossible to deal with, but I wanted to give it a shot. Here's how I did it:

1. Picked a bucket full of ripe crab apples away from road sides so they're clean. Briefly rinsed them.
2. Ran them through the food processor's 1/8" slicing blade, stems and all (make it easy on yourself)
3. Dumped them into the steam juicer with half their weight of sugar on the top
4. Collected an impressive amount of juice from those rock hard little fruits.
5. Processed the juice into crab apple jelly. (Make sure you have enough sugar in the house, since the juice is still very tart.) Added a little ginger to spice it up.
6. 77 year-old mother-in-law loves the jelly, so I guess I "did good".