|Amazon Price||New from||Used from|
Serves: 6 to 8
Time: about 30 minutes
Mise en place:
Extra virgin olive oil
2 onions, cut into 1/2-inch dice
Pinch of crushed red pepper
2 cloves garlic, smashed
1 red and 1 yellow bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, pith removed, and cut into 1/2-inch diamonds
1/4 cup tomato paste
1/2 teaspoon pimenton (smoked paprika)
2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
1 8-to 10-ounce log of goat cheese, at room temp
Chopped fresh chives, for garnish (optional)
1 baguette, cut into 1/2-inch slices, toasted or grilled
1. Coat a large sauté pan with olive oil, add the onions and red pepper, season with salt, and bring to medium heat. Cook the onions until soft and aromatic, 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure they don’t brown.
2. Add the garlic and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes; it should start to smell really good!
3. Add the peppers and 1/4 cup water; season with salt. Continue cooking until the peppers have softened and the water has evaporated, another 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Add the tomato paste, pimenton, and sherry vinegar and stir to combine; taste for salt (it will probably need more). Cook until the mixture comes together and looks tightened up and slightly thickened, 6 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool.
5. I like to squish the goat cheese into a serving bowl and nestle the peperonata in the center rather than spooning it over an entire log--it’s more rustic-looking this way. Garnish with chives if you like and serve with baguette slices.
I am a big fan of cookbooks and have collected quite a few over the years. I received Anne's book as a Christmas gift and am really quite pleased with it. Read morePublished 1 month ago by onairlady2001
The only recipe I use from the entire book, is her pasta recipe. None of the other recipes look good to me.Published 2 months ago by JP
Ann Burrell is one of the more fun personalities on Food Network. Worst Cooks is a great place to see why this book is worth getting, just to get her tips and techniques on how to... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Paul from 'Bama