|Amazon Price||New from||Used from|
Serves: 6 to 8
Time: about 30 minutes
Mise en place:
Extra virgin olive oil
2 onions, cut into 1/2-inch dice
Pinch of crushed red pepper
2 cloves garlic, smashed
1 red and 1 yellow bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, pith removed, and cut into 1/2-inch diamonds
1/4 cup tomato paste
1/2 teaspoon pimenton (smoked paprika)
2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
1 8-to 10-ounce log of goat cheese, at room temp
Chopped fresh chives, for garnish (optional)
1 baguette, cut into 1/2-inch slices, toasted or grilled
1. Coat a large sauté pan with olive oil, add the onions and red pepper, season with salt, and bring to medium heat. Cook the onions until soft and aromatic, 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure they don’t brown.
2. Add the garlic and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes; it should start to smell really good!
3. Add the peppers and 1/4 cup water; season with salt. Continue cooking until the peppers have softened and the water has evaporated, another 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Add the tomato paste, pimenton, and sherry vinegar and stir to combine; taste for salt (it will probably need more). Cook until the mixture comes together and looks tightened up and slightly thickened, 6 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool.
5. I like to squish the goat cheese into a serving bowl and nestle the peperonata in the center rather than spooning it over an entire log--it’s more rustic-looking this way. Garnish with chives if you like and serve with baguette slices.
I am a big fan of cookbooks and have collected quite a few over the years. I received Anne's book as a Christmas gift and am really quite pleased with it. Read morePublished 12 days ago by onairlady2001
The only recipe I use from the entire book, is her pasta recipe. None of the other recipes look good to me.Published 24 days ago by JP
Ann Burrell is one of the more fun personalities on Food Network. Worst Cooks is a great place to see why this book is worth getting, just to get her tips and techniques on how to... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Paul from 'Bama