Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Size: 9-Piece|Change

on December 9, 2011
We BBQ every week at work and typically slice up 15-20 potatoes. This makes short work and cleans up quickly. For the money this is a super deal. I used a Stainless Steel one in one of the professional kitchens I worked in and this one compares to it for a 1/20th of the price.
on June 25, 2012
This slicer works well, but it could be better. It seems to leave large portions of whatever you're slicing as you near the end of the vegetable. There's something about grip on this product that releases the vegetable before you have finished slicing. Then the vegetable just seems to slide around on the surface of the slicer. Excellent for slicing cucumbers for salads or scalloped potatos. Average for slicing potatos for chips. A mess maker for slicing fries.
on May 4, 2012
I am VERY happy with this slicer. I have sliced potatoes and onions to make breakfast burritos and cucumbers for Bread & Butter as well as Dill pickles. Unfortunately I have also sliced my thumb and a finger - - - BE CAREFUL . . it does a great job . . but use the guard when the item you are slicing gets small . . . I cut a big chunk out of my thumb and it was so clean I didn't realize that I had cut it until I saw the blood on the potato! Great product at a great price . . been trying to figure out what I can Julienne to see how that works . . .
on September 10, 2011
This item is some to get used to but after a short while you'll be slicing with ease. I was tired of cutting onions with a knife getting uneven slices. I sliced my spam my onions some lettuce and carrots beautifully. Can't wait to do potatoes. Nice item I reccommend.
on May 30, 2013
This slicer is solid. I've had it for two years and have bought one as a gift as well. It's much easier to set up than a full-size mandolin slicer, so I use it a lot more than my big stainless one. The attachments are pretty versatile as well, and they pop out for easy cleaning. Unless you are running a professional kitchen, I'd go with this over the higher-priced full-size models.
on June 14, 2012
OK... This product is quite difficult to use. It may be me and It may be that I am not as coordinated as others but it's certainly a product that takes some practice. It's also a lot bigger than I had thought it would be, the blades are about 7-8 inches long and live in a plastic sleeve that is of fair size. It's not the worst product I have ever owned but it is cumbersome and rather difficult to use. Lastly my box had nothing in the way of instructions, the side of the box was all the instruction I got and that was limited. Never having owned a mandolin type slicer I was lost but my sister and I finally puzzled it together. Anyway I was hopeful because I wanted to make zucchini wraps but it turns out to be more work than I have time for. Hope this helps!
on January 31, 2014
I love my mandolin. I find I use it almost everyday. Where it be cucumbers or apples it works cuts the slices just right. I like the stand. I
hook it on my cutting board and cut away. I do find I have to clear away the slices often or they get stuck underneath the blades but that's not a problem. I have arthritis so cutting with a knife is a problem but the mandolin makes it much better.
on November 23, 2011
... probably not a rug - but for potatoes, carrots, cucumbers, cabbage ... and just about any veggie it's just a wonderful kitchen tool. For $20 I have trasured this mandoline for several years. It's a little beat up but still works beautifully.
on February 25, 2015
I use this often. I purchased it to make potato chips in our dehydrator. I do wish it made them a bit thinner than the medium blade, but the thinnest one slices too thin and they don't make good slices. I actually never used a julienne fry slicer. I'm actually impressed. I made some amazing hash browns with it. I love slicing apples with these blades and dehydrating them and slicing a lot of other fruits. If you want chips, look elsewhere. I had to drop 2 stars because the guard cracked on me on first use, it's very flimsy, and the thinnest blade cuts way too thin.
on January 15, 2016
I have used this a few times now with most of the different attachments. All seem to work great. The guide moves smoothly, the blades are easy to swap out and it is easy to clean since it is dishwasher safe. It usually takes me at least a half hour to make my apple cole slaw with the chopping of the apples, onion and cabbage, but using two different attachments on this mandolin, I am happy to report that I whipped up a batch in about 10 min the other night. Awesome! I am happy with the purchase!