Packed with comprehensive recipes to secure, tune, and extend your Java EE applications
- Secure your Java applications using Java EE built-in features as well as the well-known Spring Security framework
- Utilize related recipes for testing various Java EE technologies including JPA, EJB, JSF, and Web services
- Explore various ways to extend a Java EE environment with the use of additional dynamic languages as well as frameworks
- A learn-by-example based approach that focuses on key concepts to provide the foundation to solve real world problems
Java Platform, Enterprise Edition is a widely used platform for enterprise server programming in the Java programming language.
This book covers exciting recipes on securing, tuning and extending enterprise applications using a Java EE6 implementation.
The book starts with the essential changes in Java EE 6. Then we will dive into the implementation of some of the new features of the JPA 2.0 specification, and look at implementing auditing for relational data stores. There are several additional sections that describe some of the subtle issues encountered, tips, and extension points for stating your own JPA application, or extending an existing application.
We will then look into how we can enable security for our software system using Java EE built-in features as well as using the well-known Spring Security framework. We will then look at recipes on testing various JavaEE technologies including JPA, EJB, JSF, and Web services.
Next we will explore various ways to extend a Java EE environment with the use of additional dynamic languages as well as frameworks.
The book then covers recipes that touch on the issues, considerations and options related to extending enterprise development efforts into mobile application development.
At the end of the book, we will cover managing enterprise application deployment and configuration, and recipes that will help you debug problems and enhance the performance of your applications.
What you will learn from this book
- Dive into the implementation of some of the new features of the JPA 2.0 specification
- Perform Authentication and access control in Java EE
- Enforce access control in Java EE
- Protect systems against SQL injection and Cross domain Scripting
- Test JSF with Selenium and JAX-WS and JAX-RS with SOAPUI
- Integrate Groovy, Jython, and Scala with Enterprise applications
- Integrate Mobile Devices into your Enterprise
- Debug problems and enhance the performance of your applications
This book is part of Packt's Cookbook series. A Packt Cookbook contains step-by-step recipes for solutions to the most important problems you face when working with a topic.
Who this book is written for
This book is aimed at Java developers and programmers who want to secure, tune and, extend their Java EE applications.