5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I have this book
IF you don't have a problem with eggs, this is a great recipe book. I've made several of the muffin recipes and and a few of the loaves as well. I reall like the taste and texture and have recommended the book to several people. Whether the results are high or low carb depends on which recipe you choose, and you do have a choice for many of them of using the...
Published on March 1, 2007 by Brenda M. Russell

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Book for Coconut Flour Bread and Dessert Recipes
Bruce Fife has done a great job in helping people to understand that coconut oil and other coconut foods are good for us. I have been aggressively integrating coconut into my diet with happy results. I believe that coconut oil, milk, flour & cream are really healthy food choices.

I bought this book hoping to find some really interesting main dishes that I...
Published on August 24, 2008 by Jo Ana Starr

‹ Previous | 19 10 1122 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing information, December 17, 2011
If you use coconut in baking or cooking this little book is packed with information and recipes to make coconut a viable healthy product to deal with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource!, February 21, 2013
This review is from: Cooking with Coconut Flour: A Delicious Low-Carb, Gluten-Free Alternative to Wheat (Paperback)
This book is FULL of useful recipes for coconut flour! I would highly recommend, as coconut flour is so unique in its characteristics for baking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Coconut lovers, April 26, 2010
T. Duke (Qld., Australia) - See all my reviews
A great book - healthy eating with coconut. Recommended for anyone who wants low-carb or gluten free alternative to wheat.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very helpful book, February 22, 2013
This cookbook has given me total success in baking with coconut flour. I have favorite recipes that I use regularly!

5.0 out of 5 stars Coconut flour: a gem in my cabinet, June 16, 2013
At last, a recipe book using a flour substitute that does not smell bad or leave a terrible taste in my mouth. I love coconut flour. The only problem I have with this book is that most of the dessert recipes take so many eggs. Now that I have discovered this wonderful flour and have a good recipe book, I am going to start experimenting with less eggs and/or egg substitutes . Try the wonderful muffin recipes; add extra stevia if you like a sweet taste.

This is a great book for people who are looking for some flour-free, sugar-free recipes. Just use stevia instead of honey or other syrups. (Or use Splenda if you are OK with artificial sweeteners.)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great start for cooking with coconut flour, February 20, 2014
I wanted to try some coconut recipes. I don't have any allergy or dietary restrictions that made me buy this. I was just interested in eating healthier and I started to use coconut oil so I thought I'd try this as well.

I must say the reviews here helped. I was prepared for the large amount of eggs needed for each recipe.
We made the bacon muffins (which the name pretty much says it all) and I loved them. They are perfect for breakfast.
Just heat them for 10 seconds in the microwave to warm them and go. I plan to make several of the muffin recipes for
fast to-go breakfast ideas. You definitely can taste the eggs in these if that bothers you. But I loved it.

We also made the chocolate cookies which were not a hit. It's possible that we got something wrong in the ingredients. Or maybe its that my flour wasn't sifted. But either way these cookies made us so thirsty we'd be running for water with every bite.

I am hopeful that the bread recipes which are expected to be more dense would be good.
I would still recommend this book to anyone wanting to test out coconut flour.

3.0 out of 5 stars good tips but disappointing recipes, December 19, 2013
The beginning of the book had great tips for how to use coconut flour as a substitute for normal flour; but the recipes were a bit disappointing. I've found better tasting recipes online.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breakfast made easy, December 18, 2013
Love these recipes. Very easy book to navigate in. I especially like the muffin recipe. Makes breakfast fast and nutritious .

4.0 out of 5 stars So tasty and satisfying, November 1, 2013
I love cooking with coconut flour, and there are many delicious recipes in this book. I do alter the recipes though, to not use any sugar. I use stevia and agave only, so I cannot rate his recipes as is. However, they are a great starting point.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just okay., April 18, 2013
Jael (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
It's a slim volume, and they really aren't that many recipes. I've tried a few and they are okay, nothing spectacular. I'm sure there are better recipe books out there, but this would be something to get you started with coconut flour.

‹ Previous | 19 10 1122 | Next ›