Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cooking Light The Essential Dinner Tonight Cookbook: Over 350 Delicious, Easy, and Healthy Meals
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on January 24, 2014
This has long been my favorite cookbook. I have purchased one for each of my kids, my mother....anyone who likes easy but good recipes. Love the way each recipe includes recipes for the rest of the suggested paring to make a whole meal. I always get lots of compliments when I cook from this book. I even took it to Mexico on our vacation because the S American dishes are so good and I could use good local foods. 💕
on November 20, 2010
Gave this as a gift to someone who does not cook. Her husband is using it and they all love the cookbook recipes and the way it is formatted with side dishes added.
on May 16, 2013
I have pulled recipes out of this book and they are absolutely wonderful. I like to think of myself as a good cook, well this book will throw you back in your seat, a lot of fun, flavorful and healthy, it is one of the best I've seen on the market.
on October 9, 2012
I'm a health concious, but not a health zealot of a cook. I cook for 6 most nights All of are hockey players (2 Junior players & 2 youth), 2 are Crossfitters and one is a regular exerciser. These recipes are all REALLY good!!!! Haven't found a bad one yet in 3 years of using this cookbook. They are relatively low in fat and generally are healthy, but also provide enough nutrients to fuel the athletes I feed. Recipes are easily doubled and generally very quick to prepare. The ingredients are easy to find and the step-by-step instructions make it work for even the most basic cook. I can't give enough positive praise to this cookbook for the busy, working mom who wants good, healthy meals for her family. I've given it repeatedly as a gift. BUY THIS COOKBOOK and put it to good use!!!
on May 4, 2010
As you would expect, these recipes use leaner cuts of meats and seafoods, but the variety is so vast, you don't run out of new ideas. Some recipes were better than others--for me, the Margarita-braised chicken thighs, sauteed boneless pork chops with tomato-sage pan sauce, and pork with curried orange sauce, very tasty. It's all about the added condiments/seasonings/flavorings that make these dishes seem better by the sum of their parts. I will swap out pork for chicken and vice verse if I liked that particular recipe b/4, no sweat. I like too that altho' this book focuses on the main protein portion of the meal, it gives side dishes too--one for each meat recipe listed, so you have plenty of sides to cook too, ones you can mix and match. I have yet to try many more tagged recipes.
on February 1, 2010
We love love love this cookbook. Every recipe has it's own page with a picture of the meal, simple instructions for the main dish and two suggested sides, as well as a "game plan" to help you get all the components of the meal ready at the same time.

There are plenty (350) recipes to choose from. We've gone 4 months eating almost exclusively from this recipe book and everything has been delicious! My 10 year old actually enjoyed the butternut squash.

My family highly recommends this to anyone, especially those short on ideas, time, or cooking skills.
on November 20, 2013
I love the Cooking Light Fresh Food fast cookbook as the recipes are delicious and it gave the complete menu ideas on one page. This new book even includes a game plan for the preparation and has the complete menu and recipes on one page. So far, the dishes have been delicious. These books have helped me improve my diet because the food is so enjoyable.
on June 15, 2010
I absolutley love this book! You will never be at a loss of what to cook for dinner. Not only does it provide mouth-watering pictures of delicious meals, if you are interested in keeping your calories under control, you are able to see the nutritional value of these meals. These are easy to prepare healthy meals that are low calorie and rich in protein. There's so much to choose from and there's something for everyone. This is my favorite cookbook.
on April 20, 2013
we didn't buy this book through Amazon we actually bought it at Walmart and that was three years ago now my wife still love this book. Is very easy to read it, give you great instructions on how to make the recipe, there are also suggestions on what side dish could go with the recipe and brings pictures of every single recipe, until the last page just a few small recipes with no image but it's okay I still give it a full stars...
on February 9, 2013
I love all the Cooking Light cookbooks, partly because of the beautiful photos. Got this new one and immediately made the Non Stop No Chop Chili. Yum!!! It was so easy and surprisingly tasty right out of the pot. Chili usually tastes better the second day but this was perfect from the start. Can't wait to try more recipes.