5.0 out of 5 stars A great addition to my collection!, August 13, 2009
This review is from: Cooking Light Cook's Essential Recipe Collection: Salad: 57 essential recipes to eat smart, be fit, live well (the Cooking Light.cook's ESSENTIAL RECIPE COLLECTION) (Hardcover)
OK, so when I picked this book up, I thought "an entire book about salad? That's ridiculous." I've made six recipes for salad from this cookbook, and every single one of them has been utterly delicious, and completely different! Honestly, I didn't expect such a wide variety of salad ingredients and dressings. My favorite so far is a sort of gazpacho - tomato salad with home-made bread croutons - they suggest serving it with shredded chicken breast as a dinner salad and my kids have asked me to make it over and over again. (my KIDS, 11 and 13! Can't believe it!). The book also has delicious appetizer-type salads as well! If you're looking for some nice summery cool recipes, this is the book for you. Fabulous.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book!, October 4, 2009
Amani "Wishes" (Florida & Kuwait) - See all my reviews
wether its chicken, fish, or even fruit, as long as you can make it into a salad you will find it in this very useful book. I loved the fruit salad section which is a A+ for this book because most salad books don't include them

5.0 out of 5 stars Cooking Light Salad, September 20, 2011
I received this salad recipe book as a gift last winter. I used it all summer with great results. The recipes were easy to follow, each had a great picture, and for the most part the ingredients were easy to find or I had them on hand in my own pantry. I have had friends ask me for recipes and both of my daughters wanted the book for their own, hence the purchase from Amazon. I highly recommend the recipes as a healthier and different way to eat salads.

5.0 out of 5 stars COOKING LIGHT, January 21, 2014
FILLED WITH FANTASTIC RECIPES. IT WAS A GREAT GIFT FOR SOMEONE WHO WAS TRYING TO CHANGE THEIR LIFE STYLE. THE RECIPES WERE NOT BORING AND FILLED WITH FLAVOR. AGAIN DELIVERY TIME WAS AWESOME.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, easy, yummy!, March 31, 2011
Jennifer (Sumner, WA, US) - See all my reviews
This book sits on my kitchen counter. I use it that much. Recipes are simple, ingredients are easy to purchase, and everything is yummy. Nice twist to your ordinary salads.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic easy-to-make salads, April 10, 2013
I recently bought this as part of a birthday gift for my daughter-in-law who is an ob-gyn dr. and who is very particular about eating healthy. She loved it. The book is a treasure trove of 57 recipes for fantastic salads, offering up categories such as essential salads, entree, grain and pasta, vegetable, and fruit salads in its 144 pages, Each salad is beautifully presented in a 2 page spread, with the how-to instructions clearly given on one page and across is a full-page color photo of the salad. The book is printed using glossy paper which only entices one to make and to eat. Btw, I bought a copy for myself and LOVE it.

4.0 out of 5 stars given as a gift, October 9, 2014
given as a gift. I hope the recipient enjoyed it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Guide to Salads, January 21, 2011
This review is from: Cooking Light Salad (Hardcover)
Purchased as Christmas present for my daughter's boy friend. He seemed to like it, since he is quite a cook. I really can't say much, other than it was appreciated by the person who received it. The format is nice, in that it easily lies open on the counter for quick reference.