Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more

on May 23, 2013
I've made recipes in several categories and everything was easy and delicious and fit with my busy life. Fave breakfast: Caprese Eggs Benedict with Pesto "Hollandaise." Fave lunch: BBQ Chicken Banh Mi & Mango Chicken Salad, Fave treat: baklava bites, Fave dinner: Pizza Dopiazza. I've honestly used a lot of the lunches for dinner and some of the breakfasts. Most recipes have just a few ingredients and all cook up in around 20 mins.
on February 13, 2013
I bought this as an impulse purchase when I was at Target a few weeks ago. So far I've made 3 recipes and each one was easy, fast and delicious! I like how they seem to cover most categories - it has both faster weekday meals and weekend meals where you can spend a few extra minutes in the kitchen. Portable breakfasts and lunches that you can bring to work, even snacks and appetizers are covered.

This is one impulse buy I don't regret!
on August 12, 2013
Those three features are in most of the recipes in this great lowfat cookbook. Even if you want to trim more calories, it is possible with good taste! I love that these meals or sides are made in short order, because I am a teacher and the last thing I want to do after coaching is do something labor-intensive. All of the things I have made are "keepers", which is saying something. I can find 4 fork recipes on epicurious and these are every bit as good but much faster to make! I have found my "go-to" cookbook!
I came across this at my public library and decided to take it home and give it a try. It is a beautiful book and very well laid out. The recipes are printed in large, attractive type and each one has a nice full page color picture of the prepared dish on the facing page.

As to range and style of the recipes presented, there is quite a mix with some original spins on familiar ideas. I liked the breakfast omelet filled with black beans and pepper jack cheese. My wife liked the cinnamon-apple stuffed French toast and the buttermilk pancakes with carmelized bananas. I enjoy healthy salads for lunch and I found the feta-chickpea salad appealing. A dinner hit with both of us was the orange-ginger pork chops with sweet and sour cabbage. The banana pound cake was an easy and tasty dessert.

Some suggestions saved time by using a lot of prepared ingredients. One salad called for a package of precooked rice and a package of steamed, ready to eat lentils. A similar idea used the same lentils with a jar of peppers. I might make these, but would have prepared the rice and lentils myself. Likewise I passed on the frozen hash browns and quick grits for breakfast and on the pre-frozen, ready-to-microwave baked potato for dinner. I didn't buy pre-chopped frozen vegetable medleys but instead chopped and sauteed fresh vegetables myself. I do understand that not everyone has the time or energy for this.

All in all, I already cook a lot so many recipes here, though tasty, were pretty similar to things I already have in other cookbooks. Not everything new which was proposed appealed to me. Still, I did find some new things I that I enjoyed making, more than enough to make me glad that I checked this book out and brought it home. There are lots of easy and reliable recipes here in a wide mix of styles and ideas. I think that many people could discover some new things here which would appeal to them.
on November 2, 2012
This cookbook is full of healthy and delicious recipes. There are wonderful photos of the recipes on almost every page. I have tried at least two recipes from each category (I've only had the book about a month) and each one has been very yummy!
on November 27, 2012
SO many good recipes in this book! Haven't had one yet that I didn't like! Have bought some as gifts for family also!
on September 3, 2013
So many great healthy recipes!!! If you are you into healthy eating and cooking with different foods than get this book
on August 13, 2014
I didn't like this cookbook as much as I was hoping to. I loved the Cooking Light Weeknight cookbook so much and have cooked several meals that I was hoping this cookbook would be as good. This book had too many ingredients that I've never used before and about every third recipe called for curry which my family doesn't like. I probably will only try 3 or 4 recipes frim this book.
on May 14, 2013
Strange ingredients that are hard to find. Odd foods that my "southern" family will not even attempt to eat. I can only use a few recipes out of the whole book.
on September 11, 2012
I wasn't happy with the selection of recipes so I sent it back. I have 3 other Cooking Light Fresh Food cook books that I can't live with out.