Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast Weeknight Meals: Over 280 Incredible Supper Solutions Kindle Edition
|Length: 368 pages|
Kindle e-ReadersFire TabletsFire Phones
- Due to its large file size, this book may take longer to download
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
* TONS of photos. Every single recipe has at least one photo.
* The recipes give you complete meals. They'll show you how to serve an item, and they give you any needed additional recipes for sides.
* Every recipe has nutrition information.
* Most of the recipes can be easily adapted for allergen-free cooking. My husband is senstive to gluten, corn, dairy, honey, legumes, and some nuts. That's a long list, and I am still able to use most of the recipes in this book with minimal alteration.
* All the recipes are fast to make: very fast. I can complete most of them start to plate in under 30 minutes.
* They taste good. We've been very pleased. On flavor alone, my favorite cookbook is Jamie Oliver's "Food Revolution" book, and these recipes don't compete with those. However, I usually end up cooking out of this one because it's so fast and easy, and the recipes still taste pretty good. They are much better than the Rachael Ray recipes.
* The recipes are healthy but filling, and they still include some comfort-food type dishes.
* The organization is the best I've ever seen in a cookbook. Everything is divided into sections by main course: sandwiches, soups, poulty, etc. Recipes for sides or sauces are on the same page as the main dish, so you don't have to flip pages while cooking. But if you want to get creative and just look for a mustard sauce, there is a "Sauces" section in the index at the back. You do not have to remember that such-n-such mustard sauce went with such-n-such fish dish. You can just look it up.Read more ›
Features i love:
Pictures for every recipe and if there is a side dish, salsa, or something extra in the picture there is a recipe for that too...Lots of soup, salad, meatless, beef, chicken and dessert recipes.
I did drop a star as one of the thing that made me want to buy it was the "5 ingredient or less" factor. Most of the recipes ARE 5 ingredients or less, but there are a few that call for a sauce/salsa/dressing that is a separate recipe, so therefore pushing the ingredients up to 10 in order for it to be a complete dish. Of course you can choose to not make these recipes, but I did find that slightly misleading.
Overall a good book that meets what I look for in a book - a good range of healthier recipes that can be made quickly and with few ingredients. I would buy it again.
All of the recipies in the book can be found on the Cooking LIght web site anyways so there's really no need to buy the book. I borrowed the book from the local library for FREE, and after browsing the book, printed off the reicpies I want to try from the Cooking Light web site. Anyone who is considering buying cookbooks (or any other type of book or media) should check out the local library. You'd be surprise at what the library has to offer.
I am a single female. On Sundays I go grocery shopping and pick up any drinks, snacks, salad items I may need for the week, and then ingredients to make 3 of the recipes from this book. I spend about $60 on groceries for the week, given the fact that I have a pretty well stocked pantry with all the basic spices and oils and condiments I need for cooking and I buy meats/chicken in bulk. I'm not really on a diet so I divide the recipes in 3 instead of 4, and put the leftovers in tupperware for lunch or whenever.
I never feel the need to eat out because I never get bored with the Cooking Light cookbooks that I have. This is a great economical way to keep myself fed for an entire week.
I legitimately haven't a single bad thing to say about this book. I love the way the recipes are presented, I love the way it's bound, etc.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I finally bought this book after borrowing my friends copy for over 3 months. Has a great break down on how to switch to a healthy lifestyle and crucial information on portions,... Read morePublished 6 days ago by Amazon Customer
I love this cook book, purchased one for my father and daughter too.Published 8 months ago by Gina Lapp
Love this cookbook, well I guess you can never go wrong with Cooking Light.Published 9 months ago by love to shop
Finally! A healthy cookbook that is easy to follow, and contains recipes my whole family enjoys. So far I've made about 20 items out of the book, and there has not been one that my... Read morePublished 10 months ago by MrsRuh
This is very good just think we are moving away from this medium with Pinterest and online recipes!Published 12 months ago by Nancy O.