5.0 out of 5 stars It's a cookbook for your life!
Published 20 months ago by Elisa Zied, registered dietiti...

2.0 out of 5 stars Not What I Expected
It was more of a advice for healthier living than a cookbook. I was expecting more of a tradional cookbook with healthier recipes.
Published 18 months ago by WNT Retired

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a cookbook for your life!, December 22, 2012
This cookbook is not only beautiful to look at, but it provides so much practical information and so many real life strategies to help readers turn health hopes and wishes into sustainable habits. The recipes (and accompanying photos) look amazing--I can't wait to try them!--and the anecdotes from real people are very relatable. As a registered dietitian and mother of two, I know how tough it is to eat well and maintain healthful habits because of varying schedules and different tastes within the family. But this cookbook cooks up plenty of tips to please all palates to help you get dinner on the table without spending tons of time. I highly recommend this cookbook as something you'll refer to again and again, not only because it packs in so many great recipes, but because it's a great resource that can help you make better food choices when grocery shopping, and prepare meals with ease.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best cookbook ever, January 9, 2013
F. Baumgartner (Arlington Heights, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This book is a must have if you wish to change to healthier eating habits. Not only does it have great, easy, and delicious recipes, it is written in a way that helps you work on a different aspect of changing habits by tackling one per month over a year. My whole family is excited about this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthy Habits, February 3, 2013
This book encourages a healthy lifestyle by introducing new habits one by one. Well organized. Think I can do this!

5.0 out of 5 stars A good start for healthy habits, January 14, 2013
This book is a great start for someone who just wants to boost up healthy habits. I run 3-5 days a week but was wanting to improve eating well. This book just shows you how to incorporate whole grains and more fruits and veggies in a realistic way especially if you eat pretty well already. I have made the whole wheat pancakes, herbed chicken salad, pasta mixing half wheat and flour for starting out, and smoothies(all good). I have also made variations of some of the salads and tacos. I found it easy to change recipes, because you know what are healthy subs. I also spent about 130.00 to update my pantry with whole wheat flours, english muffins,bagles, some oils such as canola and sesame, herbs, veggies, almond milk, butter milk, greek yougurt, frozen fruit, and can beans to add to salads. These items may sound like diet foods, but not the way they are used. I cook a lot from Barfoot Contessa and oh yes! Paula Dean, but if you are someone who eats in moderation and has balanced meals you will see how easy these things are to use and taste good and fresh.I love the break down of whole grains and ways to get it, most of the suggestions are sitting in walmart on the rice isle. I would also recomend Cooking Light Real Family. (I also used Hodgson Mill Insta-Bake mix whole wheat to make oatmeal and rasin cookies and that is a great start with the family.)

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE this cook\health book!, January 18, 2013
Talk about getting your bang for your buck, Janet Helm treats us both to a beautifully illustrated cookbook and terrific and practical nutrition tips from top experts. There's even a 6-week plan in the back! This Guyatitan calls Healthy Habits the "all-purpose tool" foodie book that you've been waiting for!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book for beginners, September 20, 2013
This review is from: Cooking Light The Food Lover's Healthy Habits Cookbook: Great Food & Expert Advice That Will Change Your Life (Paperback)
This is a great book and I would give it five stars if it had clearly said for beginners or getting started. I love the layout, recipes and advice, but the advice was not new to me. I do not fault the book for this and I did see that some of the other reviewers said it was for beginners. Since I am fairly new to healthy eating I thought it still provide good information and while it did, not really much new information for me.

This is not a cookbook it is a healthy eating lifestyle book, not a diet book. If you are looking to change you eating lifestyle then this is a great book to start with. It is easy to read, beautiful pictures and gives just enough information not to overwhelm a person. It is simple enough to make a person feel like taking on the task of moving towards a healthy lifestyle is actually doable.

Great book and I recommend it to anyone who is beginning the journey to an healthy lifestyle, not diet, lifestyle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthy Tips and Great Recipes, April 12, 2013
I love this book because it is full of expert culinary and nutrition tips in small soundbites but also brings it to a practical level. It's easier to try new foods and styles of cooking when you have simple guidelines and easy recipes and that's what this book is all about. One of my favorite tips is how to avoid common culinary mistakes! Great info! I also loved the information on food pairing. I have tried 3 recipes and in true Cooking Light fashion they are all simple and flavorful. If you're looking for an inspiring cookbook that will help you get out of a rut, this is a good one!

4.0 out of 5 stars Healthy Habits, March 25, 2013
This cook book is organized very differently than most. Combines food, exercise, nutrition all together. The book would be good for someone just starting to get interested in improving their habits & why each is important. This info is interspersed with tasty meals that illustrate that point.

4.0 out of 5 stars To the point, March 22, 2013
I liked that I didn't have to read through a bunch explanation, explaining, history, science etc. - it got straight to the point and gave tips and ideas, and inspirations.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great book!, March 16, 2013
The Healthy Habits Cookbook is a wonderful book, full of ideas to help keep me on track to a healthier lifestyle. Every recipe I have tried has been delicious and I have found the helpful hints throughout to have been right on target as to how one can make healthier choices in the midst of a busy lifestyle. The Get Cooking section is full of wonderful ideas, such as the 20 essential ingredients to have on hand to make the task of cooking at home easier. Janet Helm, you are a genius! Thank you and Cooking Light for collaborating on this fantastic guide to a healthier, happier lifestyle!

Carolyn Swann