Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

An Amazon.com official commented on the review below
on March 21, 2012
It is really dumb to force people to subscribe to the print version of a magazine in order to get the electronic version.
Cooking Light is missing the point entirely.
11 comment| 162 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 24, 2012
I love Cooking Light magazine, but I don't want a paper subscription cluttering my house and filling my recycle bin. When Cooking Light comes out with a digital only subscription, I will happily subscribe to this magazine again.
0Comment| 116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 22, 2012
Bottom Line = really stupid to force receipt of paper magazines when electronic version is available. Cooking Light should charge their subscription rate and let you select which version you want (paper or electronic, maybe both).
I plan to go with my original plan to let my paper subscription lapse, unless they come up with an option for electronic only. Paper magazine backs up on me and clutters up the house. I'd love to have this magazine (info is great) if I could get it digitally (only!). Rate 4* for content, 2* for delivery format
on December 30, 2011
I have been waiting for Cooking Light to join the app world. I have been a very happy print subscriber for years and had often hoped to see an app available. When I purchased my Kindle Fire, I was disappointed to see that the Cooking Light was not available through Amazon and then I stumbled on the app, even better. The useability of the app is terrific!! The magazine looks great. My Kindle Fire gets better and better every day.
on March 6, 2012
Was so happy to see this mag on my Kindle but then quickly realized I need a print subscription first. The whole idea of having it on my kindle is so I don't have to have a print edition.
on August 9, 2013
The order is deceiving. You have to subscribe to receive the free issue. I do not appreciate when items claim to be free until you click on them and you have to purchase first. If I wanted to purchase something I would not have click a free item.
on March 17, 2012
This is ridiculous...you have to have a print subscription to get the app.
I agree with the other reviews....how does that save you anything???
on September 4, 2013
It's free to download, but you must pay $19.99 subscription to a print copy before you can see recipes. Misrepresentation.
on November 25, 2013
5 dollars just for one issue? I'm not even sure that I will like it. That is a 1.99 risk, not 5.00. I get it, price is set by the publisher. Publisher also accepts responsibility for losing potential subscriber. Not very bright.
on January 15, 2012
Amazing app. I used to subscribe to cooking light but stopped.because.of the stacks of magazines that were piling up in my apartment. I ended up.buying the annual reviews just so I can save space. When I saw that it was available on Kindle Fire I jumped on it. It just like reading the magazines. Its colorful.and best.of.all.you have access to your magazines all in one place. If your like me and stopped.subscribing because of space constraints then subscribe because.the app.itself is worth it.