Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Cooking Mama 4: Kitchen Magic - Nintendo 3DS” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 18% off the $25.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Cooking Mama 4: Kitchen Magic - Nintendo 3DS
|Price:||$33.93 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Use the stylus as your ultimate cooking utensil to chop, slice, stir, knead, roll, toss and more in more than 200 unique mini games.
- Use the 3DS gyroscope to cook in brand new ways: crack eggs, balance plates of food, flip meals in a pan, grate cheese and more.
- Watch kitchen mishaps unfold in comedic 3D events and work to save your mistakes with additional activities on top of each recipe step.
- Create 60 mouth watering recipes including: Designer Cupcakes, Gourmet Popsicles, Takoyaki, New England Clam Chowder, Corn Dogs and Cherry Pie.
- Combine recipes to make your very own delicious dish.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
1. The controls are better than ever! On the previous DS versions of Cooking Mama, there was always those times when the controls didn't respond the way I wanted them to and it was a total failure of something I had been doing so good on until that. On Cooking Mama 4, that has NEVER happened to me! It's been flawless. The touch screen control is sharply precise and that is so critical in this game! Plus the use of the 3DS gyroscope adds a little fun to certain things like tossing meat patties between your hands or flipping burgers in a skillet. Certain jerks and wiggles of the 3DS will do the work of the stylus - but only if you want! If that kind of handling is not for you, then you can still use the stylus to do those jobs just like before!! :)
2. The recipes! They are not all weird dishes that we'd never eat in our American diet! These are actually appetizing ones that are fun to make AND look tasty!
3. The graphics are AWESOME!! This game for the first time on a handheld actually looks natural and not cartoony! Not that the cartoon look was bad, but it's nice to see this game evolve into something more realistic on the 3DS.
4. The humor! Mama always made me laugh with her expressions to my mishaps but this time it's funnier than ever. Seeing a wayward burger come flying out of the screen (3D) is priceless! And one thing that had me laughing this morning while trying to put mustard on corn dogs in the game, was I somehow goofed with the mustard bottle and it splattered all over Mama's face. And my screen too. It was hilarious. I had to clean it all up!Read more ›
My 8 year old son actually wants to learn to speak Japanese because he loves these kind of games so much.
This game was our first Cooking Mama game ever, and it is pretty cute. My son thinks some of the minigames are cool, but I can see how girls would just love this game. It's especially got to be great for girls who love gaming but are too old for zhu zhu pets or squinkies games.
My personal favorites were the recipes where you pick what size of a rock to put on the picnic basket to make the weight just right but not break the lid, and the one where you tilt the ds left and right to roll the dog over the corn to make corn dogs.
Mama has some great expressions too ... and sometimes her eyes catch on fire, lol. There's lots to unlock and discover. Very fun game if you like these kinds of simple skill / non-rpg games.
If you have ever played a Cooking Mama game and liked it, have no fear they have not changed it much from their first Cooking Mama DS game. If you have never played one, it is a simple game of following arrows. To stir the pot you follow the arrow around in a circle. To chop, you follow the arrow in a straight line or back and forth, you get the idea. You can figure out what to do in a few minutes, very simple game. You start out with a few recipes and as you go Mama gives you gifts of more recipes. The only thing new I noticed from the original Cooking Mama DS I played is you have a few added mini-games and you can change Mama's clothes.
In closing: If you like the Cooking Mama's games, you should like this one. I have not found any problems with the running, or the touch screen with this game. If you like simple follow the arrow type games, this is for you. The original Cooking Mama DS game was not for me and neither is this one, but it does not mean it is not a great game. For someone who like this style of game you should have a lot of fun, so I say go for it!!!!
I gave it 4 stars because it lacked originality.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The extra ways to do things in the game actually made it more difficult and less fun. As the series continues, I learn how much I miss the first one. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Bethany
My first cooking mama game. Its simple. Maybe too simple. There is not real difficulty to this and you could probably 100% it in one sitting.Published 6 months ago by Reina