Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 11, 2010 2:53:46 PM PDT
Chres H. Oki says:
I tried making a single serving of Oatmeal; 1 2/2 cup of water and 1 Cup of Oatmeal. Set for to make white rice and Porridge. Result, thin fluid mixture of runny cooked oatmeal filled the vent and some spilled out the top; i.e., made a mess. Will someone tell me how to cook Oatmeal with this cooker

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2010 2:57:50 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 16, 2010 2:59:35 PM PDT
Geum says:
Hi. What kind of oatmeal did you use? I've found that the steel cut type works best. The "instant" or even "quick cook" types might not work...they might get overcooked.

I use the steel-cut oatmeal (can buy from Trader Joe's, or in bulk from Whole Foods or any other health food store). I put in 1 cup of oatmeal and 4 cups of water. I choose "regular" or "white rice" for type, and "porridge" for texture. Then I set the timer for when I wake up in the morning (7 a.m.). I've never just put in and pressed "cook", because my experience cooking beans in the cooker is that it'll just keep cooking--it won't know when to stop. Somehow the timer cooking function senses how long to gauge it for.

After I open the lid, I stir the oatmeal because the water tends to settle at the top. After stirring, it's perfect to eat.

Haven't experienced the same mess/spillover issues.

Good luck!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Jun 11, 2010
Latest post:  Jun 16, 2010

Search Customer Discussions