Celebrate Sesame Street's 40th anniversary with this special edition cookbook!
Introducing your kids to cooking is easy-with a little help from the Sesame Street gang. This special anniversary edition of Sesame Street's classic "C" is for Cooking is packed with tasty recipes from Elmo, Cookie Monster, Abby Cadabby, and friends, plus brand-new recipes from celebrity chefs to celebrate forty years of fun on the Street.
- Includes more than 55 delicious recipes that kids and parents can make together, plus fun food and cooking games and activities
- Filled with tasty dishes that appeal to young, picky eaters, such as Grover's Little & Adorable Chicken Nuggets and Rosita's Tortilla Soup
- Features 16 pages of simple, kid-friendly recipes and activities from celebrity chefs like Mark Bittman and Emeril Lagasse
- Filled with full-color photos and illustrations, plus food facts that engage children and encourage them to try new things
- Comes with a sheet of reusable stickers of foods, characters, numbers, and words
With recipes for drinks, breakfasts, lunches, soups, dinners, side dishes, and sweets and treats, Sesame Street "C" is for Cooking is sure to be a hit with adults and kids.
Recipe Excerpts from Sesame Street "C" is for Cooking, 40th Anniversary Edition
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From Publishers Weekly
Parents and kids alike will have a wonderful time in the kitchen with this delightful collection of over 50 kid-friendly recipes. Registered dietician McQuillan and the stars of Sesame Street compile a wide range of dishes, from classics like Chicken Nuggets, Fish Sticks and Macaroni and Cheese to more exotic fare such as African Peanut Butter Soup and Bert's Tutti Frutti Turkey Salad, which gets a boost of flavor from curry powder. Recipes are simple and straightforward, and each has at least one step a child can perform. Parents will like the fact that the book offers plenty of healthy alternatives to junk-food snacks and dishes traditionally high in fat; lowfat yogurt, for example, substitutes for mayonnaise in tartar sauce and sour cream in stuffed potatoes. Kids will also enjoy learning how favorites like peanut butter and applesauce are made. Packed with jokes, tips and food trivia from Grover, the Count, Big Bird and others, this title lives up to its pedigree, making both learning and cooking fun for kids.
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.