Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on March 31, 2008
I love cooking! But I don't like fast food, ready sauces, and dressings or canned food. Of course occasionally I use them but not in every dish. Cooking for Two should be a healthy cookbook but unfortunately its not. Almost every recipe contains `Kraft' sauces or salad dressings and half-and-half should be a common item in your refrigerator. Most of the recipes contained canned vegetable instead of fresh. I can't say that recipes are not good but be honest I haven't cooked one yet and I am cooking every day. If someone looking for a really healthy cook book, which inspires even your husband to look into your kitchen cupboard and experiment a dinner, go for this one: Weight Watchers Great Cooking Every Day. It's not a cooking for two but it is a way healthier and definitely more interesting.
on April 3, 2015
Most people cooking for only one or two get bored, and in a rut. This book can drag you out of that rut, and into some new and fun recipes that would fit the bill nicely. As well as keeping you healthy. Fun recipes that freshen up what may become monotonous. I have suggested this book to many of my single friends and they have all loved it. As I even use it with a family, just double or quadruple the recipes.
on December 3, 2014
I bought this book a while ago. I tried several recipes. Portions were fine. But, this isn't a healthy go to cookbook. So, if you have any dietary restrictions, (low salt, low fat), think again. I didn't like the idea of using packaged & canned ingredients. I won't trash the book. most recipes are quick and easy. But, I ended up giving it away.
on March 2, 2014
I like real food cooking instead of using ingredients I can't find in a regular grocery store. I also dislike leftover food. This cookbook gives me the food I like in just the right size portions. All JoAnna Lund cookbooks are good.
on May 15, 2013
I live alone now since my wife has been sent to a nursing home with dementia. I have to cook for myself and find this book invaluable. It is great for me. I am learning to cook from it. It is simple, uses ingredients found easily, and is very tasty.
on November 16, 2009
I originally picked up this cookbook a couple years ago but I was still used to the way my family cooked (lots of fat and gravy) and wasn't really into the recipes. Since that time, I've revamped my cooking style to be healthier. Last week, I noticed it gathering dust and grabbed it off my cookbook shelf. So far, I've cooked 3 different dessert recipes, 4 main dishes, and 3 sides contained within this cookbook. Except for the desserts needing a little tweaking (I think they are too sweet) I've enjoyed everything I've made so far. I especially love the Parmesan green beans and peach crisp... oh, and the hashbrown cheesy casserole. I've stocked my kitchen with 14 oz ramekins and mini loaf pans to accommodate the servings. I've had a few issues finding no-fat dairy products, but when that happens, I just substitute lowfat instead. A lot of these aren't especially quick meals, so if you are looking for a 30 minute dinner, this isn't it. But if you looking for a tasty meal that is just right for 2 (or two and a half), I would suggest this.
on February 6, 2010
I got this book for my daughter and her husband for Christmas. She has been very happy with it. I ordered the book 10 days before Christmas and received it with plenty of time to spare. I recommend this book and shopping at Amazon.
on September 16, 2013
I had previously bought this book and loved it. Used several recipes out of it. When it was lost in the tornado, this was one of the first cookbooks I replaced. LOVE this book!
on January 8, 2014
This book has some great recipes that are easy to prepare and some recipes that are a little out there. Overall it is a good addition to your cookbook collection.
on March 22, 2016
Love that she made a book for couples. I don't have to half most of the recipes I find, but if we are having company I can always double them very easily!