5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
Overall, this is an excellent cookbook. I've had this cookbook for about one month, and so far I love it.

Published on January 2, 2008 by S. Chung

2.0 out of 5 stars This book is not endorsed by Trader Joe's
Published on October 26, 2008 by Bella Rue

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, January 2, 2008
S. Chung (Bay Area, CA USA) - See all my reviews

First off, let me say that this book is targeted to cooks who enjoy creating "gourmet" type meals. This book isn't for you if you're looking for dishes that might show up in a cafeteria. Even though there are recipes for common things like sandwiches and casseroles, they have their own gourmet twist. So for those people who like to serve creative dishes, this cookbook is made for them.

The theory behind the book is that Trader Joe's sells many unique sauces, pre-chopped veggies, and other "half-prepped" ingredients that would normally take a cook a significant amount of time to prepare on their own. So combining the "half-prepped" ingredients of Trader Joe's and the recipes in the cookbook, you can whip up gourmet meals in a fraction of the time it would take you otherwise.

All the recipes have a large color picture, a list of ingredients (sometimes with substitutes), clear instructions, and the estimated prep time (usually in the 20-30min range). I've tried a few of the quick recipes and they have been pretty straightforward so far. The cookbook includes appetizers, entres, desserts, and a "bachelor quickies" section at the end which is basically heating pre-cooked/frozen stuff from Trader Joe's and combining them into interesting meals.

Most of the dishes are very original and look/sound delicious. There were a few recipes that I had question marks about, but I guess I'll find out how good they are once I try them.

So overall, if you like the idea of cooking original "gourmet-like" meals in a fraction of the time, and you have access to a Trader Joe's, this book is very highly recommended. Happy cooking!

2.0 out of 5 stars This book is not endorsed by Trader Joe's, October 26, 2008
Bella Rue (Bellevue, WA USA) - See all my reviews
So I reviewed the book, and thought all the recipes were delish sounding and decided to buy. I shop at trader joes and I like upscale foods. The real problem I had was when I went shopping for the recipes. Most of the items were not stocked at trader joes, it was not fun, scratching off recipes since items in the recipe were no longer available. I even asked a store clerk for help, and I was informed that this book was not endorsed or approved by Trader Joe's and he also was aware of the problem with the book, in that ingredients were no longer available to complete the recipes. That was a bummer. I did come out with a few recipes, and managed to do some substitutions, but we will see if they turn out as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous cookbook, a winner!, October 29, 2008
My local Trader Joe's demo chef told me about this book and I'm so grateful she did. I LOVE it! Let me say that I have over 40 cookbooks on my shelf, and this is the cookbook I have been reaching for over and over these past few months. The recipes have been easy and quick as promised, but they are also wonderfully delicious and impressive. Most of the recipes seem to take around 10-20 minutes to make. A few here and there take minutes to throw together but then require a longer baking time (like the lasagna or casserole dishes). I love those, because it doesn't take much time to throw together and then I can do something else while it bakes.
Despite my small obsession with cookbooks, it wasn't until this cookbook that I felt inspired to cook more. My husband keeps asking me to make the Notcho Ordinary Gazpacho soup and the Chicken Tortilla soup. I've tried at least 10 or 12 recipes and they've all been excellent and have become part of my regular cooking repertoire. I haven't run into any problems with discontinued items but I saw that another reviewer found a list of substitution suggestions on the author website.
Take my word for it. If you shop at Trader Joe's or if you're looking for a way to cook better at home, get this cookbook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful and easy to follow cookbook, January 2, 2008
H. Ryan (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
This is the perfect cookbook for someone who shops a lot at Trader Joe's. I can't believe TJ's doesn't carry it, because it promotes purchasing their products. I've cooked a lot of the dishes in this cookbook already and they are so easy and delicious. They have easy to follow recipes with simple ingredients, and short preparation or cooking time. There are nice colored photos of each of the dishes which I like a lot in cookbooks. I've bought a few copies for friends who love it, making great gifts!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Great Cookbook!, January 4, 2008
This is a wonderful cookbook. Each recipe includes a picture that shows the completed dish. Preparation instructions are clearly written and easy to follow. I purchased a copy in November and have tried several of the recipes. As promised by the authors, each takes only minutes to prepare, and the results are delicious. I have gotten rave reviews on the Mediterranean Lentil Salad and Turkey Artichoke Wraps. The Balsamic Green Beans are good with or without the dutch potatoes (in case you are watching carbs). I gave copies to several family members for Christmas, and it was a huge hit. There are no TJ's in Maine yet, but my sister-in-law still wanted a copy when she saw how good (and easy to make) all the recipes are. Long story short, this is one cookbook you will use over and over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, quick dishes!!, February 10, 2008
I love shopping at Trader Joe's, but don't like how it always seemed like I had to ALSO go to another grocery store in order to make gourmet-tasting dishes. This cookbook does it all! The dishes are amazing - I've already made at least 2 or 3 of each course and they're all delicious. The pictures are great, the instructions are very easy to follow, and for the most part, the dishes take less than 30 minutes from start to finish. A must-have for anyone who likes to entertain...and impress!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cookbook for the rest of us, January 3, 2008
dubik99 (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This book works even for cooking "non-experts" like myself. You can go to Trader Joe's and get exactly what the recipe calls for. You don't have to guess if whatever the local grocery story has will work as a substitute for whatever ingredient recipe calls for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea for a cookbook..., April 26, 2008
I have had about 5 of these recipes now, and I can say they have all been quite tasty. It is nice to have ingredients listed so you don't have to buy everything at Trader Joes; TJs is our favorite store though, so we usually do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful and easy to use, March 20, 2008
This is a wonderful cookbook for Trader Joe's fans. It includes many of the recipes that are demoed at the the stores around the country and it is an easy to use guide to use the products from the store. I am a Holistic Health Counselor and advise many of my clients to shop at Trader Joes and now will gladly recommend this book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Get the "I Heart Trader Joes" Cookbook Instead, January 9, 2010
Okay, I fully admit I am not a gourmet or an accomplished chef. I judge strictly on what sounds and looks yummy. I received both this cookbook and the "I Heart Trader Joes" cookbook as Christmas gifts, because I love Trader Joes and everyone knows it. The OTHER one is fun, appealing, tasty, and simple - not to mention much less expensive. The author of "I Heart Trader Joe's" blatant love for all things Trader Joe's is apparent in her introduction, instruction, and recipes. The items are appealing to the masses and beautifully photographed. I could see myself preparing almost every recipe for my friends and family.

This cookbook, on the other hand, is stodgy and stiff. Many of the recipes are complex and strange. and the photographs are universally unappealing. A large number of the photographed recipes are suspiciously shiny, with a somewhat viscous look (like the item was coated with vegetable oil to seem more tasty - like a "Mr. Universe" contestant's shaved bare chest...).

Photos in cookbooks should not make one shudder. But don't take my word for it. Get thee to a book store and thumb through it before purchase. If the glistening Honey Mustard Chicken or swamp-like Wilted Spinich with Attidue looks appealing to you, then by all means order this book.

Cooking With All Things Trader Joe's Cookbook
Cooking With All Things Trader Joe's Cookbook by Deana Gunn (Paperback - October 15, 2011)
$18.95 $14.15
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.