Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback STEM
asked by DAN on August 11, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 16 answers
A
Jedku answered on October 13, 2013
Comment | 17 of 19 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Well, you can get the stainless steel pot if you are worried, but most of the worry with aluminum cookware, I think, is when you are slow-cooking something very acidic. An example would be tomato sauce cooked for hours in an aluminum pot. That is not a good idea. But this is not likely to have that effect, as far as my research tells me. Still, if you are worried, spend a little more and get stainless steel.
Verita answered on March 13, 2012
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I use aluminum all the time with no..... what was the question?
R. Harrison answered on November 29, 2012
Comments (4) | 27 of 36 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
kilomonk answered on April 10, 2012
Comment (1) | 12 of 16 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
don't see any more italians with alzheimers than any other country :)
tomtom7 answered on December 22, 2011
Comment | 5 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Mark answered on June 4, 2013
Comments (5) | 9 of 12 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The answer by Jedku that Bialetti pots have been coated with chrome for 20 years makes sense; the surface is too shiny to be aluminum. But, why do the first cups in a new maker taste metallic (I discard them, as recommended elswhere until flavor normalizes)? There must be metal getting in the coffee. After a while, the pot "seasons", which presumably means the ability to shed metal declines. I'd like to understand this process better
Peter M. Ross, Ph.D. answered on November 17, 2013
Comment | 9 of 12 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Aluminum has been identified as a
for the (neurotoxicity),
(immunotoxicity),
and (genotoxicity).
The sale of aluminum cookware is prohibited in
Germany, France, Belgium, Gr. Britain,
Switzerland, Brazil, Hungary and many
more European nations.
toxin
human nervous system
immune system
genetic system
Source :
Dr. A. McGuigan's Report on Findings for the Federal Trade Commission
In Docket Case No. 540 Washington, D.C
Amit Anand answered on January 24, 2015
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
"ALUMINUM
Very soft metal. Extreme chemical reaction between food and pan. "All Vegetables cooked in Aluminum produce hydroxide poison which neutralizes digestive juices, producing stomach and gastrointestinal trouble, such as stomach ulcers and colitis." Dr. A. McGuigan's Report on Findings for the Federal Trade Comm. In Docet Case No. 540 Washington, D.C. Note: The sale of aluminum cookware is prohibited in Germany, France, Belgium, Gr. Britain Switzerland, Hungary and Brazil. " http://www.happycookingco.com/hidden-dangers.cfm
Flyboy answered on March 8, 2014
Comment | 4 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No. You get more aluminium from walking barefoot in the dirt. If you stew tomatoes for 10 hours you might get a higher dose. Look it up on the dot gov websites.
A "metalic" taste is most likely stuff leaching into the pot and seasoning it. This takes some flavor away and adds any very minute contamination in the metal. It is also the rest of the shipping coating comming off. No that is not harmful either. Just taste funny.
If aluminum was as dangerous as some think we would all be dead because tin foil (which is actually aluminum ) is used by the tons daily if not hourly.
Deathrite answered on August 12, 2015
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product