5.0 out of 5 stars Life savers in the hot summer sun
I first found a similar product several years ago in my local CVS pharmacy for about $10 each, and invested in a couple prior to attending a NASCAR race weekend. Since, I've been grateful to find them here on Amazon for an even better price. Let me tell you, I won't attend outdoor events in the heat of summer without them!!

I have attended many races in the...
Published 23 months ago by Lisa M. Busch

3.0 out of 5 stars ok
turns the water blue and stains skin with long exposure... otherwise it does what it claims, its ok but i'd buy a tan colored one next time,
Published on July 3, 2012 by Audra

5.0 out of 5 stars Life savers in the hot summer sun, January 2, 2013
This review is from: Cooling Bandanas (Apparel)

I have attended many races in the south and Midwest in the summer, and lemme tell ya, these babies have saved me and my friends in 100+ degree heat more than once...I put them in the ice chest, and rotate them, cold one on the neck (or around the head like a headband, as my boyfriend likes them), the other back into the ice to chill...only takes 5 or 10 minutes for it to get plenty cool, and they stay cool on you for about the same amount of time... but that chill on your neck, one of the places I as a nurse know you are supposed to apply cold in overheated/feverish people to bring the temperature down, is amazingly restorative, and prevents overheating...and I have seen people on the verge of heat stroke revived with these. But personally, I start using them early to PREVENT heat stroke.

My advice: have at least 2 per person, so one can be soaking in the ice water in the cooler while the other is on your neck. AND invest in extras, because the gel inside them will continue to expand as long as they are in water, so after a day, they really need to be hung up to dry back out (takes a couple of days) and new ones used if you are going to be out in the heat more than one day, and want to use them. If allowed to continue to expand, I have had the gel start to seep out of seams, making a mess of the cooler.

Once they have hung to completely dry, they are very flat and easy to fold up and store for your next hot outing. The gel shrinks right down to flakes.

Honestly, having seen people passed out and sick from heat stroke (a life-threatening condition), as a nurse, I highly recommend these. They are lifesavers in the heat.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, July 3, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 7, 2014
It really works

5.0 out of 5 stars works great for me, June 11, 2014
brittadotcom (Santa Clara, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cooling Bandanas (Apparel)
I overheat easily, especially my face and forehead, so I wear this as a headband while hiking. I still get hot, but it does help me from getting all the way to overheated, so I can still hike in the summer heat without turning purple and getting a pounding heat headache. I get warm so quickly that I twist it back and forth about every 15 minutes, turning the outside next to my skin, and the warm side that was next to my skin gets to cool down. I still need to wipe the sweat off my face, but the extra bonus for me is that the cooling beads inside the headband expand to fill the space at my temples where sweat would run down inside any other headband, so less sweat gets into my eyes. I have the turquoise one, and I have seen some pale color in the water I soak it in before I leave, but I have never had any noticeable color on my skin from wearing it.

Update 7/7/2014: After using my cooling bandana almost every week while hiking, it seems the past couple weeks that the cooling nature has stopped working, so unfortunately now I just have extra insulation...yuck! I'd like to buy another one but my color isn't available anymore! :(

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool things for summer, March 27, 2014
This review is from: Cooling Bandanas (Apparel)
These are the best neck coolers I have ever used. Last long and keep you very comfortable for hours. Easy to clean

4.0 out of 5 stars Helps a little, August 22, 2013
Ruth (Santa Fe, NM, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cooling Bandanas (Apparel)
I wore the bandana Swing dancing a few times when the weather was really hot. Itdidn't exactly keep me cool but they did help a little which is all I realistically expected it to do.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, August 21, 2013
Riverkeeper (HARPERS FERRY, WV, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cooling Bandanas (Apparel)
Beautiful color and soft fabric. Would like to see others with same fabric, different color. Easy to use. Very cooling.

3.0 out of 5 stars Slopping stitching / trimming, July 29, 2013
This review is from: Cooling Bandanas (Apparel)
Lots of threads that weren't trimmed, stitching was not nice and neat, but rather jagged. Very sloppy. I was happy with the pattern / color of the fabric or would have returned.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed! I had used a similar product in the ..., August 14, 2014
This review is from: Cooling Bandanas (Apparel)
Very disappointed ! I had used a similar product in the past that seemed effective but these didn't help at all. I think it's because there are very few water- absorbing crystals -- could feel a very small amount in one end. Unfortunately I purchased three – a waste of money.

4.0 out of 5 stars the better. For the price and fashionable style a good ..., September 14, 2014
This review is from: Cooling Bandanas (Apparel)
It works well. The colder the water you submerge it in, the better. For the price and fashionable style a good value. The polymers are larger than I expected. Feels a little lumpy at times but not a deal breaker at all. Very attractive neck bandanna.

Cooling Bandanas