Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Format: Hardcover|Change

on October 3, 2009
My son is a certified Lego fan. He loves to build cars and has been a car child since 3 years old. He has almost every Lego racer kit on the market. He routinely takes them apart to make a new creations. When I saw this book I knew this was a must have.
From the moment we got the book he has not put it down. We have all recreated a lot of the designs and have been inspired to make new designs. He loves sharing his designs on Sean's website.

This book also makes a great gift for the Lego fan in your life. My son's official review is "This book is awesome. Where is the next one?"
on March 21, 2010
I originally wrote a review of this book when I first bought it and at that time my Son was younger. At the time he was younger and needed experience. I tried building items in here and cannot but now I realize why. I am one of those people that need Lego instructions because I can only build things that way. My Son is now 6 and can build anything in this book. I would recommend that if you buy this book you purchase it for someone that already has a good working knowledge of building with Legos. It is especially good for someone who builds things free hand (without lego instructions). My Son likes this book so much we just bought the one about building Cool buildings.
44 comments|38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Sean Kenney was introduced to LEGO bricks when he was a child and obviously the fascination for them never abated because he now is "recognized as one of the premier LEGO brick builders in the world." In this book you can see a photograph of him at work sculpting a bust of a man in his studio. Container after container of LEGOS can be seen on the shelves behind him. Most kids don't have as many blocks as Sean does, but if you have a passion for them and a few containers, you're going to love building some of these cars and trucks in this book!

Some of the cars in this book can be patterned after a single model that you'll have directions for, while other things like simple furniture on the "Moving Day" page can be easily built by the average reader just by looking at them. The first photograph we see is of a car carrier hauling SUVs and they are some cool. In fifteen clearly diagramed steps you can create your own SUV. With a few additions or subtractions you can make a Sports coupe, Pickup truck or a Minivan, each of which are photographed for you to see. Other cars and trucks included are taxis, sporty cars like a police cruiser, airport vehicles, working trucks (heavy equipment), "pocket-sized crazy cars," rescue vehicles, a semi rig, visuals to design your own trucks and more!

This is a great book for the budding LEGO fan with a wide assortment of projects to build. I liked the vibrant colors and theme of the book. Each model that does have directions has step-by-step instructions and illustrations that make building easy and fun. The book also encourages youngsters to be creative and shows additional vehicles that can be made by altering a few simple details or blocks. If you have a LEGO fanatic in the house, this would be a great gift . . . along with a few extra LEGO pieces!
on December 23, 2009
I was looking for directions for my 7 year old granddaughter to use to build with Legos. It took her no time at all to build some of these vehicles by herself. I just have to get her more Legos because she didn't have enough to make them all at the same time! Great book!
on November 8, 2011
If you are reading this review then you probably have the internet and do not need to buy this book.

The book contains instructions for five small vehicles, and the rest is nothing more than pictures. All of the cool or interesting looking vehicles have no instructions included with the book. If you can look at a picture of a Lego construction and figure out how to build it, then great. But this also brings up my point that you do not need this book. If all you need is a picture of a project from one angle, then by all means save yourself some money and use the internet. Do a Google image search. Heck, I can find better instructions from an eight year old kid on YouTube!

I bought this book hoping to get some instructions for my son and me on how to build "cool cars and trucks." What I got was a book full of nice photos. Save your money and use the internet. There are better instructions and better pictures online.
on November 6, 2013
I spend insane amounts of money on new Lego kits every birthday and Christmas, which get built once, and eventually broken down and amalgamated into the giant bucket of random Lego graveyard under the bed. I hoped this book would get them to pull out that bucket of Legos and build something new without me buying another set. I think they may have built one or two things before losing interest and wanting more sets. I personally think it's an awesome book but I guess they weren't completely sold.
on January 18, 2011
The book has pictures of many things it doesn't provide patterns for. A bit frustrating if you want to build everything they picture. Also you probably won't have all the necessary pieces for everything. It still is a fun book for generating ideas. We were able to build some of the things in the book.
on September 14, 2013
The author teaches children how to make basic vehicle structures and then shows pictures of various models of cars they can figure out how to make. Grandkids first loved looking at the pictures and were inspired to be creative. Then they actually found they were able to make other vehicles just by looking at the pictures. Finally they started to make their own creations which were very innovative!!
on February 9, 2013
My kids assemble their lego presents according to the instructions, play with it like that for a day or 2, and then it joins the pile of Legos that become whatever they want. Cool - after all that's the joy of playing with these. This provides assistance in their designs. It assumes that you have a pile of legos from other sets with the little extras for turn signals, steering wheels, etc. The instructions are written similarly to the ones in the Lego packages.
on April 12, 2013
this is a great book for building cars and trucks. It is hardcover which is nice and very detailed with step by step instructions that anyone can follow. Wish it covered a little more but great for cars and trucks.