4.0 out of 5 stars Great bottle and you CAN buy replacement straws!
Published on May 20, 2012 by RCLPhotos

3.0 out of 5 stars Great water bottle, not so great cooling insert
I really like this water bottle, the grip is great and I love that you can fold the straw part back so it doesn't leak. The only thing I don't like is that I thought the ice pack insert would keep the water cold, but it doesn't at all. I still have to put ice in the water bottle if I want cold water, and then it sweats. :-/
Published 8 months ago by Ragel

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bottle and you CAN buy replacement straws!, May 20, 2012
I hate drinking water all the time but when I was pregnant and breastfeeding I carried this bottle around with me everywhere. Even just around the house. My husband bought it for me and I didn't use it for a year and now I can't live without it. I gave it only four stars because it sometimes leaks a LITTLE if it is lying on its side, which it rarely is. Yes you CAN buy replacement straws. Maybe not on Amazon but the company coolgearinc.com com sells them, and the range of bottles of course.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm glad I found this on Amazon - I love this water bottle, November 30, 2012
I originally purchased an older version of this water bottle from Kohl's (in store, not online) and absolutely LOVED it. Something I liked about the original bottle I had is that it was considered "unbreakable" (or shatter proof) and that was a major selling point for me. Well, the water bottle itself is indeed shatter proof, but I tend to drop things quite often and unfortunately the top of the water bottle is not shatter proof. My old water bottle had the handle break and the top cracked so that it leaked constantly if it wasn't sitting straight up. Sadly, Kohl's no longer carried this water bottle so I went out on a search online to see if I could replace it with something comparable.

I found this water bottle online and it's the same brand but an updated version (which is weird since I just purchased the water bottle from Kohl's over the summer - about six or so months earlier). I washed it in the dish washer last night and started to use it this morning. It is everything I expected it to be - it is just like my old water bottle but "newer" (my old one was gray and boxy, this one is green and more sleek looking).

Here's my over all assessment of this product: 1. I don't use the inner core ice pack thingy, it's tiny and doesn't keep the water cold long enough but that's not essential for me. If you need something to keep your water cold for long periods of time, this isn't it. If you need to keep your water cold then I suggest you add ice cubes. 2. This holds a good amount of water. When I was pregnant, I could go through 5 refills or so during the day. Now, in a normal work day, I only have to refill it once or twice, and I don't feel dehydrated because I'm getting at least 32 ounces of water during the work day. I refill this at least once in the morning and once at night because I drink a lot of water. 3. This water bottle is kid friendly. For some reason my two younger kids (1 and 3) LOVE my water bottle (the old and new one). They constantly take it from me and drink out of it but I'm okay with that as long as it gets them to drink water. I tried out the new bottle on them this morning and they both liked it. My three year old likes the green color (and so do I but green is my favorite color).

Side note: the picture makes the bottle look more neon green than what is really is IRL. But, I prefer the more muted green as I'm not a huge fan of neon colors. The picture online also makes it look like the top and side grip are blue-ish, but they aren't, they're green just like the rest of the water bottle.

So, I think this is an excellent product - as long as it's not dropped :-) If I drop this one again, I'll still end up buying another one just like it as I do like this water bottle.

Oh, one last comment. This water bottle is better than the older version one I had because the old one was more boxy and wouldn't fit into my cup holders in the van. Now, this one is tapered at the bottom and fits into the cup holder - that's a plus.

5.0 out of 5 stars I want to marry this water bottle!, August 2, 2014
First let me say I have only had this bottle for 3 days so if by chance it falls apart in later time I don't know about it. But these past 3 days have been magical. I need to drink 100oz of water because I'm fat and that is half my weight. I find this hard to do because that is a darn lot of water. I jumped on Amazon to find a large but not overly large water bottle that maybe wouldn't have a foul taste, because that seems to happen with every bottle I purchase.

This one came up with a lot of great colors and neat decor things like owls. I love purple so I chose purple and like I mentioned, an owl. Plus it was 32oz which I thought sounded fair and it also said it would fit in my cars cup holder. I liked the soud of that. But it's a lie, it didn't fit in my vans cup holder but it did fit in my suv's cup holder. Whatever, I'm not taking points away, my van is old and stupid.

So as I was saying, 32oz seemed easy, throughout a day I need to refill this bottle 3 times. So far I've done it with no issue. The straw isn't a straw but a thick hard plastic piece that covers the straw so you won't chew up the straw which I would have totally done because I have nervous issues. I took the cooly thing out of it right away because the reviews all said it was pointless and I'd be afraid it would make the water taste funny. I don't like really cold water so it didn't matter to me. And ice cubes fall into it with no problem when you use the fridge dispenser. I can clean this thing in the dishwasher and the straw pops right out. The water just comes up so smooth. Honesty I just want to marry this darn bottle! I'm buying another one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Water Bottle and Great Customer Service!, January 1, 2013
I found this water bottle at a near by store for myself and it was way overpriced but still great, so I wanted to send some to a friend that needed them for his work that required a closed container so I thought this would be perfect :D And they sure were! Delivery was remarkably fast with Orthotic Shop. I did end up having a very rare issue with one of the bottles leaking and emailed Orthrotic Shop about the issue and they responded very quickly and sent out a new bottle right away. Excellent customer service! I am very pleased with both the product and the company that sold it.

Thanks guys :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Great water bottle, not so great cooling insert, June 11, 2014
Ragel (Washington, USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars great water bottle, May 20, 2014
This review is from: Cool Gear 32 Oz Ez-freeze Water Bottle - Solstice - BPA Free - PVC Free - Phthalates Free
Got this for my husband who has MS to keep hydrated. The ice tube inside tends to keep things cold but for a short while

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Invention!, August 11, 2014
HoneyBunny:Sweet&Charming/MidNiteVelvetBunny ... (Hopping Down My Purple Path Toward Serenity) - See all my reviews
I really love my Cool Gear Ez-Freeze Bottles! I think they are one of the greatest inventions. I recently took mine to a family reunion. They really helped me enjoy the get together.(As staying cool and hydrated is important to my M.S.) It kept my water cold for Six hours. I actually able to refill it with cold water and have that water stay very cold as well. I would highly recommend Cool Gear.

** I own both styles of Cool Gear Glaicer & Solstic. The quality is great on both. The only difference to the style are. The sticks are not interchangeable. Glacier has rubber hand grips on both sides of the bottles.

*** I was very happy with my shipper now after disappointment the first attempt.~ This picture shows all the bottles. They are sold separately not all together.

3.0 out of 5 stars The size is great except that it is only 32 ounces when the ..., January 29, 2015
I had been looking for a large water bottle that I could carry with me and wouldn't require that many refills throughout the day. Most importantly I tend to throw my bottle into my bag and have had the horror of reaching into my bag to find a lake of water before so I needed something that would not leak. Sadly this bottle only meets some of my requirements. The size is great except that it is only 32 ounces when the freeze core is removed (I measured to check), this isn't a big deal for me because I don't actually care if my water is kept cold or not. The other thing is that the spout that you drink out of does not lock down in anyway so if you even gently press it back; something that can easily happen in your bag; the seal on it breaks and can begin to leak. I still use it but am very aware of if it is standing up in my bag and I'm constantly pressing down on the spout to make sure it doesn't leak. I love the ease of which you can drink out of it, it doesn't feel like a struggle to get the water out and is fairly easy to clean. These pluses help to outweigh the bad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great water bottle, June 26, 2014
Great water bottle for working out or a nice walk. The loop on the top allows you to hold with two fingers.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for a year, then leaks., November 25, 2014
M. Mueller (Milwaukee, WI USA) - See all my reviews
I've used this water bottle for at least the past year. It was great at first. But now it leaks regularly. I carry it to work in a small tote next to my coffee thermos and some papers. Even though I have it standing up on my car seat, the slightest tilt to it causes the bottle to leak, soaking my tote and everything in it. The rubber ring inside that should be sealing the bottle has black mold on it that I can't get off no matter how hard I try.

Up until it started leaking, this was a good water bottle. I just wish I could find a bottle that lasted longer than a year.