Published 19 months ago by Home is where they send us

3.0 out of 5 stars Travel Potty
Good price with simple design. Pick up a box of extra gallon bags easy from Target or Wal-Mart.
Be careful if you let a boy to use it, prepare to mop the floor.
Still a good one to have around using it for a vacation or road trip.
Published on August 16, 2011 by KL

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for potty training! On my top 10 must have for kids., May 3, 2013
This review is from: Travel Potty (Baby Product)
I originally bought this seat over 6yrs ago when we were planning to travel cross country. Before that we often pulled over to the side of the road with our young boys because frankly that was the only option. However,them having to go #2 was disasterous. Stumbled upon this in a specialty catalog and bought it. This is now on my top 10 list of things every parent needs to have.

We travel by car a lot and having lived in areas where there are no restrooms to pull over and if there were I'd rather they go on the side of the road. We have used this so many times at this point. Most recently my 8yr old used it when were over 2hrs from the nearest town. We literally set it up in the back of the suv and the rest of us waited alongside the road and laughed! We store it under our back row suv seat for the last 6yrs.

1. takes gallon sized bags. Buy the inexpensive store brand, the ones WITHOUT the zipper work best. The seat snaps over it locking the baggie in. I carry a few feminine pads/old disp. diapers with me so when the baggie is filled with urine you can drop one in and it will absorb the liquid. So no baggie with sloshing urine in the back seat!! Or if there is a trashcan around people arnt looking at you because your carring a bag of urine, its a little more discreet.

2. Side storage holds the baggies and in the other side I have a small wet wipe container and feminine pads (see above)

3. cleans up very easily and is quite sturdy. Its a travel potty, so yes it is smaller and not as sturdy as your porceline one at home.

4. Can be carried without you inside to places and dosent scream "potty" because when its closed it looks like a smaller plastic case. I often carry it into places like a mall where we will be at for awhile. I go into a stall in the bathroom and set it up. Its WAY more sanitary and comfortable for my newest potty trainer.

Love this travel potty and would recommend it hands down. We travel a lot for hrs at a time and this has been a lifesaver.

5.0 out of 5 stars potty in the privacy and comfort of your car!, August 17, 2011
This review is from: Travel Potty (Baby Product)
LOVE this potty. When my son has to go #2 when we're out the very idea of dragging my 1 year old daughter and and my son into some random bathroom makes my head explode. Instead I move the passenger front seat all the way forward and set this up on the floor of the back seat. Just roll down the windows and the whole family can hang out in the comfort of the car. Thank God for this potty.

NOTE FOR BOYS: you must get your son to carefully tuck his you know what under the rim of the seat after he sits down or you will have pee everywhere. Sounds like a pain but no big deal for us.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great on-the-go!, August 23, 2011
This review is from: Travel Potty (Baby Product)
I bought this for my almost 3 year old daughter. Though I agree with the other reviewers that the seat is a bit small, it's a portable potty, meant for convenience and to not take up too much room.

Love the fact it uses 1 gallon bags that you can buy anywhere. The seats clamps down on the bag, holding it in place. I love how it folds up, nice and compact and I can just keep it in the car.

The only thing I am not a huge fan of is the holders on the side. Though it's nice to have storage for the wipes/ziploc bags, I can't even get them open.

Overall though, very well-made, very useful product to have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't leave home w/out it!!, December 10, 2013
This review is from: Travel Potty (Baby Product)
Road trip MUST have. Funny story…there I was driving from Virginia to Texas with three children (7, 5, 2 -- all three potty trained) and this mama was lacking in the sleep department --- so along with sleep deprivation I was driving with "mom brain." For those who have made such a trip on your own, you know what this type of trip entails and understand "mom brain." Anyway, at one of our MANY MANY stops that we made along random exits just to use this lovely potty, mom brain was in full force and I drove away, and FORGOT it on the side of the road. Had it not taken me over an hour to realize I forgot to put it back in the car (which not coincidentally was when we needed to use it…again), I would have totally turned around. For those of you wondering, yes, all three of my children made it alive to Texas and back to Virginia. And no, I didn't forget any of them on the side of the road and have to return to look for them…lol. Mom-of-the-year nominations are piling up, I know. So back to my point, my kids are now almost 8, 5, and 3 (again all have been potty trained for quite some time). With that being the case, I thought I could just put this potty thing in the past, but NO this thing is so fan-freaking-tastic that I am ordering another one. Even though we don't have any road trips on the horizon, even out running errands this thing is AWESOME. Raise your hand if you have ever bought groceries and gotten them put away in the car when one of the littles tells you they need to go really bad --- and the bathroom is in the back of the store, and you didn't get movie star parking that day, and it is probably raining, and maybe you are running late. Enough said, this thing is awesome. One caution, make sure that it is FULLY folded out so that it doesn't collapse when your munchkin sits on it. I also love that you can store stuff (wipes & TP & extra gallon bags) in the compartments.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't be without this potty, July 22, 2011
This review is from: Travel Potty (Baby Product)
I have 4 boys, 3 of them are potty trained. I have had this travel potty for 11 years and I absolutely love it! It's easy to set up and easy to use. It uses gallon size zip top bags. Just use them and find the nearest trash can. Trust me this potty is a must when traveling or just running around town. I currently use it for my 2 year old and it is a life saver. Keep your little one safe and germ free BUY THIS POTTY!!!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Travel Potty, August 16, 2011
This review is from: Travel Potty (Baby Product)
Be careful if you let a boy to use it, prepare to mop the floor.
Still a good one to have around using it for a vacation or road trip.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Product for Potty Trained Toddlers!, August 21, 2012
This review is from: Travel Potty (Baby Product)
This is one of the best products I have bought for my toddler. Originally it was purchased as a "car potty" for when we are on the go and it works great. I just purchased a second one for her to go to the park with her nanny.

Pros:
* Folds up small and is easy to carry
* Uses standard gallon ziplock bags
* My 2-1/2 year old can even put the bags on the seat, and fold it up.

Cons:
* Same 2-1/2 year old figured out how to push the button to get it to collapse so she has to be watched.

I have not had problems opening the side storage containers. The trick is that you have to push in on the bottom part of the locking area as you are pulling the top up.

Also, one of the Mom's at the ballet school uses this potty for her 5 year old as well.

Great product! I would highly recommend it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for on the go!!, April 17, 2011
This review is from: Travel Potty (Baby Product)
This potty seat was worth its weight in gold when we were driving through the woods and stops were more than an hour apart. My VERY large (97th percentile) 2 1/2 year old was able to securely and happily use the potty! I love how compact it is and the use of ziploc bags is genius!

2.0 out of 5 stars Seat too small, November 16, 2013
This review is from: Travel Potty (Baby Product)
Read the reviews and seemed perfect. Maybe I missed it, but non one seemed to mention that the seat is only 5-1/8" in diameter. My daughter is petite and is still to big for the seat. I can imagine the trouble for boys. It's a shame because the zip lock bags fit well and its sturdy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved this Travel Potty!, April 17, 2013
This review is from: Travel Potty (Baby Product)
We bought this when were potty training our 2-year-old. I want to say the only reason he learned so quickly was because of this potty. Wherever we went, the potty went. If we were at the park, we had the potty right there with us. He never had a chance/excuse to say he can't go potty because there isn't a toilet around. We used this potty very consistently for about 3 months. And then one day my husband forgot it at a restaurant and when we went back to retrieve it, it was gone (Weird, I know! Potty theives!). Anyways, it worked great for us. And I really do recommend it. We ended up using ziplock bags with this potty. My only complaint is that there is no shield for the boys, so you really need to make sure you tuck that penis in, or else they will get squirted.

Travel Potty