5.0 out of 5 stars Immediate relief
Published on June 29, 2011 by Ruth S. Merriam

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad mattress pad
Published on November 6, 2011 by Elliandra

5.0 out of 5 stars Immediate relief, June 29, 2011
It was desperation and pain that finally led me to purchase a memory foam mattress topper, and hot flashes that clinched whether or not to buy THIS particular combination of topper and pad. I asked a lot of friends about their mattresses and knew from past experience that I had to have something between memory foam and my skin (several inches) or else risk an allergic reaction. What ultimately sold me was the other reviews.

The pros:
- The mattress pad was fun to watch spread out and "inflate." I gingerly started the unrolling process and just moved it about a few times until it was completely open. That took about 4 hours.
- The mattress pad was de-gassed in one day (and I'm very sensitive to the chemical smell so I made sure it was clear). Fortunately, we have a spare bedroom in which this was done.
- I'm a small woman with bad spinal issues, and I could manage to wrangle the topper onto the bed (full size) by myself. It was awkward but doable.
- I GOT PAIN RELIEF FROM THE VERY FIRST NIGHT IT WAS ON MY BED. I've already had one spinal surgery and am probably looking at another one. Did I mention desperate?
- It doesn't shift around under you. It doesn't shift, period, so get it in place before you put on the cover.
- The Outlast Cover has more than adequately deep pockets to accommodate the additional 6" in height this combination added to our bed.
- Since my husband tends to sweat during sleep, and you can infer from my 2nd "con" comment below that the Outlast Cover is a pain to wash, I decided to put our old mattress pad (with deep pockets) over the memory foam topper and Outlast Cover. It *just* fit, fortunately.
- The Outlast Cover really does keep you from getting overheated from the memory foam. Really!
- Having this on our bed has eased my 64-year-old husband's hip problems as well as my back problems.
- While initially twitching over the price, in comparison to the $1500 my mother spent on a memory foam mattress, this was chump change.
- I actually look forward to lying down at night because it no longer hurts so much to do so.
- Although amazon's pricing wasn't substantially different than what I might have found locally, having it delivered to my door was wonderful.
- Our cats also heartily approve of the additional level of comfort. >.<

The cons:
- I suspect that the Outlast Cover will "crush" in the places where we usually lie, so I'll have to flip it around occasionally. There's mention of this on the box in which the item was packaged and is part of the warranty information. No real surprise there - it's like having a pillowtop mattress.
- The Outlast Cover is BIG (takes up most of the large box in which the product comes) and the full sized one filled my extra-large capacity washer and dryer. I would suggest going to a commercial laundromat to wash this item. I was very careful to keep moving the cover around during the drying process to avoid potential issues and let it air dry to remove the last bit of moisture.
- This topper and cover combination ADDS SIX INCHES TO THE HEIGHT OF YOUR MATTRESS. I had to buy new sheets to fit (Target carries all-cotton "Home Wrinkle Free" sheets and sheet sets that fit with room to spare and they were on sale at the time I bought the topper - and they're actually really nice sheets despite reviews). Hmmm. Maybe this goes in the "pro" column since my old sheets were getting kind of tired-looking. ;-)
- We have a 1930's era sleigh bed, which is on the tall side. Adding another 6" in height to it means that I have to hop a bit to get onto the bed. It's a "con" for me, but makes my husband chuckle so there's some "pro" there as well.

The bottom line: I wish I'd bought this *much* sooner than I did because the difference in comfort and my new-found ability to SLEEP has been amazing. I was tempted to give a 4-star review because of the Outlast Cover, but seriously . . . any type of fiber will crush with time and usage. I'm sure I can get a replacement cover when the time comes. If you're not sure if this product is worth the investment, just ask yourself how much restful slumber is worth to you. We've been overjoyed with this product - seriously amazed at the difference it's made in our sleep.

5.0 out of 5 stars like sleeping on a cloud, January 30, 2010
I have owned this pad for my king bed for over a year and truly love it. My husband has had 2 back surgeries and he says this is the only bed in which he is truly comfortable. The 3 inches of foam is the perfect amount and the iso cool cover makes it even more cushy and comfortable. We are in north Texas where it gets really hot in the summer and can get cold in the winter (it's 28 right now!) but this pad keeps us comfortable all year. It took our firm mattress and made it even better and made it thick enough for all the new really deep fitted sheets they make now. I can't imagine why you'd pay hundreds more for a full foam mattress when this topper does the trick. All I can say is you gotta try it. I'm getting a queen size now for my guest bedroom. It does smell at first but just let the foam air out a few days before putting on the bed and most of it dissipates.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product - It should get 10 stars!!!!, June 18, 2010
Michael Goss (St. Augustine, FL) - See all my reviews
I would like to thank the person who came up with this design combination of a very nice high quality memory foam pad with an additional thick, plushy mattress topper to go over the mattress and memory foam pad. I am a large sized guy (5'11", 300lbs) 52 years old with a 9 year old firm, hard mattress which I have never really liked (picked out by wife, now ex). I never slept very well on the hard mattress and lately was at a point where on weekends I would sleep on the couch to avoid the bed. I started researching new mattresses and mattress toppers of all types, and came across this item. I was a little leary at first because of some of the reviews of other memory foam produts regarding smell, heat, comfort, etc., yet there were by far many more people with positive reviews. Anyway for the price this seemed like a good deal and if I did not like it I could always send it back or use it in the guest room. I bought it, recieved it and slept on it within 4 hours of opening it up. Vey slight odor for a couple of hours which disappeared by the time to go to bed (expected after all it is a new item). I used a ceiling fan to circulate the air and all was fine. Now for the great news, I look forward to going to bed each night, no more couch for me. I HAVE NOT SLEPT THIS GOOD IN YEARS!!!!!. I sink a little into the memory foam topper combo and it is a very cool, comfortable feeling. The matress topper pad provides a cool feelin with some additional comfort to the memory foam. I used to wake up many times during the night tossing and turning, not anymore. No aches or pains in the morning, in fact a shoulde pain I had has been going away (I sleep on my side). Anyway, This product is just great. I bought this 1 month ago and usually do not write reviews of products but I am so pleased with this item I thought it only fair to give it the justice it deserves. Thank You Iso-Cool, you have made my life a little bit more comfortable every day (especially at night).

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad mattress pad, November 6, 2011
Ok so I waffled about getting this as my husband sleeps really hot and I have evil hot flashes, it took me about 6-7 months to decide whether to try it or not and I'm glad I did. The mattress pad however is usually really cold when we get into bed, which we actually like, but after you have been laying in one spot for a while it heats up and doesn't cool back down unless you completely move off that spot. So if you are like me and sleep in one spot all night it won't keep you cool. It should keep you much cooler on a memory foam mattress though.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware, February 27, 2012
I have purchased 4 of these, mine, one for my son, daughter and mother. Three of them were wonderful, the 4th, my mothers has a terrible chemical odor that will not go away, no matter how long we have aired it out. I contacted the manufacturer who refuses to even address the problem. I was told to sprinkle baby powder on it or have it dry cleaned. I paid a lot of money for this and do not want to take a new product to the dry cleaners for an additional expense that probably won't fix the problem. I think it is a defective product and the manufacturer will not stand by their product. Wonderful product unless you have a problem with it. I would be very careful before purchasing this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars One Comment / One Tip, November 30, 2011
One comment and one tip re: this topper.

COMMENT: If your back is bad enough that you are considering purchasing
this topper, you may need some help when it arrives with the moving, unpacking,
unrolling, placing etc. It's a bear(!) and weighs a ton. The weight, I suppose,
is a mark of it's density and quality, but it is a handful for anyone already
hurting. That aside? Great, quality topper. Love the Outlast cover!

TIP: As has been stated elsewhere, the topper is smaller than a Queen when it arrives.
I've read of people pulling and tugging, etc - but there is an easier way.
Place the topper on your current mattress, letting a foot or two overhang the bed.
Come back after a bit and you'll find that gravity has done all the work for you!

1.0 out of 5 stars IsoHOTTT!!!!, August 8, 2010
I bought the matress cover to go on top of our tempurpedic matress that is extremely warm at night and this cover with the foam padding made our already hot matress, hotter!!!! We then, after 2 nights, removed the foam and used just the matress cover this didn't seem to help. We have now added a thick blanket under the cover and it seems to be OK. I am a small person and usually cooled, the foam just seems to hold in all of your body heat and does not cool off quickly. The foam is comfortable but again just to hot and it is advertised as being so cool not the case for us. :(

5.0 out of 5 stars no more pain, May 5, 2010
I purchased this product because I of the pain I have with sciatica when trying to sleep. First of all, this is a quality piece. The cover that comes with it is wonderful and the foam topper did not give off any smell. We unrolled it and within 8 hours it was ready to be put on the bed. It does not slip around and I have slept with absolutely NO pain in my legs since then. The 3 inches is the perfect height, anymore would be too much, any less might not be enough. I do not get hot from sleeping on it and while it is not always cool, it is definatly cooler than a regular foam matress. I highly recommend this iso cool foam topper and matress cover.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, great purchase, April 30, 2011
I purchased this foam mattress because I had been having some neck pain (I fractured C7 many years ago) and also shoulder pain because I had been playing a lot of tennis. I read the other reviews before purchasing -- yes, you have to air the mattress out when you receive it as there is a strong chemical smell upon opening it from the package. I aired my out for about eight hours with the windows open and the smell was pretty much gone after that. I guess if you are chemically sensitive and hang out in the same room as the mattress, then it could be an issue, but if you follow the instructions and let it air out in another room it is not. My mattress expanded to full size in about two hours.

I've slept on it now for three nights and have been very satisfied. It conforms well whether you are side-sleeper or back sleeper (I sleep about 80% on my side and 20% on my back). I'm 6'1" and 230 lbs and this mattress better distributes the support of my body weight along the length of my body compared to my 'regular' mattress that supported my body weight mainly upon my shoulders and hips. The result is that I seem to sleep better and more soundly with less tossing and turning.

I was a bit worried about it being too hot to sleep on as I live in Florida, but the iso-cool foam mattress cover that is sent with the mattress takes care of that. It disburses the heat well and has actually been cooler than my regular mattress.

Overall, I am very, very happy with the purchase and would recommend it to anyone who is trying to get a better night's sleep or relieve neck, shoulder or back pain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product and price!, June 1, 2010
I have been hesitant to purchase the memory foam products because of the way they retain your body heat. I prefer cooler temps for sleeping. I bought this for my camper which has a thin, stiff mattress. It's the perfect solution- cushy foam and pad, firm underneath and I stayed cool on a warm evening!