Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th

Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: White|Change
Price:$13.99+ Free shipping

on January 26, 2011
I am a cashier at Publix Grocery store in Florida. l am a 51 year old female and with the Florida heat and my own body heat issues I get very hot when I work. I ordered this little fan and it has saved my life when I am working. It runs on two D cell batteries and lasted for over two months on one set (while working). It does not get in my way by my register. I am glad I found this fan, I highly recommend ths to anyone whe wants a powerful little personal fan and it is very quiet as well. One other thing, it does not come with a power cord but it has a spot for one to plug in to so you can purchase one seperately. Thanks!
44 comments|114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon May 25, 2013
This is a copy of a review I have already submitted... I recently purchased a set of 2 of these on Amazon for about $25. Buying them separately like this is a nice savings. I am reprinting my review as I feel it may help convince people to buy this wondrous and powerful little fan. The information about the Phillips screw driver you need is extemely important also.
This is a little miracle. As I get older I get hotter. Not in the complmentary sense , I just perspire more. It's not even June and I was suffering from my own private heat stroke. I ordered these from reading the reviews and I am so grateful to Amazon(for selling every type of product available) and their reviews. I can now function in places with no fans or air conditioners. Went to lunch yesterday and set this on the table. A wonderful breeze. I didn't notice the minor whirring sound at all. I didn't even have to use it on high speed. This morning I went for a pedicure. Luckily no one was seated next to me as I had room to place my handbag. I put the fan on top of my handbag facing me and wasn't embarrassed any more by the beads of sweat that were already forming.
Amazing, a life saver, fantastic, powerful are just some of the adjectives that fit this mini air conditoner. Some people said one didn't work. So far I tested them both with no problems. If one stops working I will update this review and return it for another one..This is a life changer/saver

IMPORTANT MEMO: In order to insert the 2 D batteries you need a 0(ZERO) Phillips screw driver. The screw is very tiny. Luckily I had one. If you don't you will have a problem removing the screw from the case and reinserting it again. Remember, lefty loosey, righty tighty ;-)
on July 20, 2011
I use this in the car on hot days. I bought this fan in July 2008, and it's still working great.

What I like about it:

--It's good at moving the air and creating a nice breeze, even on low speed
--It's quiet, even on high speed
--It can be used with rechargeable batteries, and because it takes batteries, that makes it great during a summertime power outage which is another reason I bought it
--You can aim it (up or down angles)
--AC power option (have to provide your own adapter)
--It's cheap!
--Shipped fast
--3 years later, still works great

What I don't like about it:

--Because of the batteries, it's pretty heavy for it's size, so not easily portable
--Made of a cheap-feeling plastic
--You can aim it but the plastic clicks pretty loudly while doing so, not a big deal but it's just a little annoying
--It's a little big, which is technically a pro and con for me; bigger means more air moving, which is great, but it also means I can't easily store it/hide it where I use it (in the car)
--Shipping cost at the time I purchased this rivaled the cost of the fan itself and the package wasn't adequately padded

All said, I'm pretty happy with this fan, and though I haven't yet, I plan to buy another as a backup.
55 comments|34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 8, 2010
I purchased this fan because I needed a desk fan that was battery operated. It works quite well and the 2-D Sized batteries last even longer than expected. I would recommend this fan for anyone who needs its cooling effects, without using electrical power. It's lightweight and fairly quiet.
on June 29, 2014
FIVE STAR PRODUCT - ONE STAR FOR AMAZON'S NOW ALL-TOO-COMMON FAILURE TO POLICE ITS LISTINGS & RESELLERS.

I received the O2 Cool FD05004, Amazon ASIN B001B16VT6. The fan head is about the same, but it's two D battery only.

Even though the 1041CTR is out of production, I assumed they existed on shelves some where out there and that was represented by the "In Stock" status in this Amazon listing clearly showing the 1041CTR part number and the picture showing the 3.5VDC jack for the AC adapter.

I've had two 1041CTR fans since 2008 and each have about 2500-3000 hours of operation - bullet proof and they push A LOT of air quietly. Knowing that they won't last forever, of course, I thought I might want to get a couple more. Not dismissing the newest models, there's no way of knowing if they're still built to same level of quality as the 1041 (battery only) or the 1041CTR.

So, if you're looking for the 1041CTR, you should contact the seller to confirm that's what they've got.

O2 Cool's latest 5" battery/plugin models are the FD05003 and FD05003A.
on March 6, 2013
We bought one of these for a 2-week trip through Turkey. Never had to change the batteries. Compact and light and quiet. Ideal traveling companion. After months of heavy use, the support mechanism weakened and the unit would not adjust to different positions. So I bought a new one. That's how good this item is.
on September 13, 2008
I bought one of these off ebay to sleep with at night. At first it was great - it has two speeds, was fairly quiet, and can run on batteries or an adapter. After a couple of weeks though, I had trouble getting it to start and it started dying after a little while when I could get it started. I got a replacement fan from the ebay seller and that second fan did the same thing. The motors just aren't built to last. Too bad, because it would have been exactly what I was looking for if it had worked.
99 comments|39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 3, 2010
I purchased this fan for work, I have to have a portable battery operated one and this works out great, it only takes 2 D batteries which most I saw took more, and it's not even loud at all! Great buy, the only thing is I wish when you opened and closed it for angle levels that it was quieter on that point, but fantastic!
on March 6, 2012
I purchased this fan for use in the home and not for camping. I didn't want something that was large and obtrusive so I decided to give this a try. We tend to have frequent power failures in our area and in the winter time, it can potentially become rather cold inside. We have a gas fireplace also but no fan if the power is out. This little fan circulates the air to help warm a larger area and it definitely fits the need. It measures roughly 7" high and 6" wide and the actual fan blade is about 4" wide and it folds flat for easy storage, taking up very little space. When in use, I place it on a stand in front of the fireplace and it circulates the air very efficiently. It only requires 2, D cell batteries and can run for hours before needing replacement. Some other fans I looked at (although larger) require anywhere from 6 to 8 batteries which makes them too expensive to run. 2 batteries is a little easier on the pocketbook. This is a great little fan and definitely fits the need.
on August 29, 2013
I bought this fan for two purposes: inside the tent during camping trips and as an external fan for my dog's crate. After inspecting it, I'm doubtful it's going to fill either of those purposes, but I'm going to try.

This is a very small, sorta flimsy fan. I wasn't encouraged when I pulled it out of its box, originally. The size of the actual fan component is smaller than the circumference of my (female) hand.

The battery compartment is a little "wonky" and "stiff" in its design. I think this could be easy to break if used frequently - so I'm saying this definitely is a "light use" product.

I put a couple of D batteries in and it turned on just fine. I'm not crazy about the on-switch as its design is slide to the far left for fast, to the far right for slow and the exact middle for off.

Switched on "low", you can't feel air movement past about 2 feet. Switched on "high", air movement extends maybe 3 feet.

Noise level for such a little fan is louder than I'd expect. You certainly won't forget it's turned on.

We'll see how long new batteries last after my upcoming use.