5.0 out of 5 stars It WILL Work With Series I Bose Docks
Published on October 19, 2012 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Analog only! Doesn't work with digital devices?
I was very excited when I found this thing, but sadly it just doesn't work. I'm not sure what's left after you get through the restricted devices. Bummer.

From the company website, buried in the tech specs:

Restrictions
Published on November 10, 2012 by Reginald P. Funk

1.0 out of 5 stars Analog only! Doesn't work with digital devices?, November 10, 2012
This review is from: CoolStream Bluetooth Receiver for iPhone Dock. (Electronics)

From the company website, buried in the tech specs:

Restrictions
The CoolStream Bluetooth receiver inputs an analog audio signal into the docking station. Docking stations that support only digital signal input are not supported by our device. Incompatible docking stations include Altec Lansing Mix IMT800, Bose SoundDock Portable, Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Mini, Logitech Pure Fi Express Plus S-00067, Philips Fidelio DS9000/DS8550/DS8530/DS8500, Sangean WR-5, Sony CMTBX20i /ICF-CL75iP /ICF-CS15iP /RDH-SK8iP /RDP-X50iP /RDP-X200iP /RDP-X500iP /XDR-S10hdiP and Yamaha Stereo Receiver with iPod Dock.
We have tested the CoolStream Bluetooth receiver with many vehicles, but far from all. Some automobiles do not support our device and these include the Acura TSX, Audi A3/A4/Q5/S4, BMW Mini Cooper, BMW 135i/328i/335d/528i/X5, Chevrolet Malibu LTZ, Infiniti all models from 2008 to present, Jeep Wrangler, Lexus RX350, Mercedes CLK550/GL550/E550, Mercedes all models from 2009 to present, Nissan all models from 2008 to present, and Volkswagon GTI. CoolStream is NOT supported by iPhone/iPod cables that plug into the car stereo USB port. CoolStream is also NOT supported by after market car cables such as iSimple Gateway, Griffin AutoPilot or Alpine KCE-433iV.

5.0 out of 5 stars It WILL Work With Series I Bose Docks, October 19, 2012
After all the attention these little devices have gotten lately in the blogosphere, you can practically hear everyone dragging their old Bose Sounddocks down out of the attic and blowing the dust off them. I was thrilled at the prospect of a wireless connection with the iPad and eagerly waited for mine to arrive. It did, but got no power from the Bose, although it powered up fine with the USB cable.

HERE'S what some of you early adopters need to know: old Series I Sounddocks supply firewire power to the wrong pin on the 30 pin connector, so these things WILL NOT WORK. Easy workaround - get a Scosche passPORT Charging Adapter for iPod & iPhone (Black) to adapt the dock to USB. Got one of those, plugged it in between, the bluetooth's LED blinked alertly to life and the music came pouring out.

It's nice to postpone gadget obsolescence (even your iPhone 5 will work with the old stuff). This tiny adapter rocks! Easy to use, cheap and reliable, once you get it working.

5.0 out of 5 stars GO COOLSTREAM!, October 17, 2012
Just plugged this thing in got it going. I have the correct docking station and a Samsung galaxy 2 phone with bluetooth. WILL NOT STREAM MUSIC FOR MORE THAN 30 SECONDS! sending it back. Beware if you have anything but an iphone i guess.

(UPDATE!) I contacted the cool people at Coolstream and they sent me out a new tested receiver plus paid postage packaging for my defect receiver. They made it right and I'm more than happy now and would recomend this receiver highly to anyone that needs to combine Android and Apple mp3 players or phones to sound docks in home or in the car.

5.0 out of 5 stars Convert your Apple 30 pin docking station to a Bluetooth streaming system in seconds!, October 16, 2013
Length:: 5:49 Mins

I have an iHome docking station that fit my iPhone 4, iPad 2 and 3 and played my music. That was great until I got a new iPhone 5S phone that uses a new Lightning connector. I am also getting a new iPad 5 which also has a lightning connector. Now my docking station is not compatible with the newest generation of smart devices that I have.

This CoolStream Bluetooth receiver solved the problem quickly and easily. This very small device plugged into the 30 Pin connector on my docking station and it paired with my devices in seconds. I was able to play my music from my iPhone and iPad but also from other Bluetooth devices that I own like my HP TouchPad. The great thing about it is that I don't have to dock my device now and I only just have to pair them to the docking station and I can still use the device while I play my music. I don't even have to remove my smart devices from their cases now as I connect them to the docking station wirelessly. I could even be about 35 feet away from the docking station and I still had a good Bluetooth wireless connection.

My video shows how to pair and use the device. I was able to control the volume of the music from the docking station using my smart phone or by using the volume controls on the docking station. Just remember to make sure that the volume on your smart device is turned up or else you will have no volume on your speakers. I show this in my video.

The set up was fast and easy and I show how to do it in my video. This Bluetooth receiver is not compatible with docking stations that use digital audio technology. I had absolutely no issues in using it with my iHome docking station when it was plugged into the AC wall power supply. It is a good way to breathe new life into those older Apple 30 pin docking stations.

When I move my iHome docking station to the deck and use its internal battery power the CoolStream Bluetooth receiver does not work. That is due to the problem that the iHome station is only designed to supply power to the 30 pin port when it is plugged into the AC wall outlet. It is designed to charge your iPhone or iPad while it is docked. When the docking station is running on battery power only then no power is supplied to the 30 pin connector and the Coolstream receiver does not operate. That does not bother me a lot though since I use the iHome docking station 99% of the time inside using the AC power plug.

The coolest thing is being able to use all of my Bluetooth devices and play my music or my audio while watching movies. I also like to listen to audio books. I am glad that I also do not have to remove my Otterbox Defender case from my iPad 3 to use it with the docking station any more. I rate this product as a 5 star item.

I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation and I promised to provide a fair and honest review.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works with Bose Sounddock I., September 27, 2013
This product works! I bought this to work along side a CableJive DockStubz CableJive dockStubz+ Charge Converter and 30-pin Pass Through Adapter for iPhone, iPod, and iPad. With both of these I can take my Bose Sounddock I , which uses the older firewire, and make it able to convert to 30 pin and then I put the CoolStream on top of that and stream my music through bluetooth. This is amazing because most newer electronics have bluetooth. This is a handy, I streamed music from my new iPod and my macbook air. It sounds amazing, finally I can use my Bose again! Also, it doesn't have to just be music, I tested this while playing apps on my iPod. So if you desire to hear Candy Crush through your Bose you can. I highly recommend this piece to anyone who has an old Bose lying around collecting dust.

Update: I just tried plugging the CoolStream Receiver right into the Bose dock and it worked without needing the CableJive converter.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works well, and gave our old Bose a new life., December 14, 2012
I took it out of the box and was blasting some Duran Duran within 30 seconds. LOL. It really works well, and the phone is not tied up on a silly dock any longer. So, I see it as an improvement over the original setup.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy for iphone 5 owners who still have 30-pin devices., May 29, 2013
Anyone who have a new iPhone 5 but still have older devices with 30-pin connectors, this is your savior, absolutely wonderful devise

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work in 2011 BMW 135i, September 28, 2012
I bought this for my BMW 135i. It has an iPod connector, and I popped it onto the end and started it up. It could not pair, getting as far as requesting a PIN, then failure.

I did notice that it is Bluetooth 2 and not 4. That shouldn't make much of a difference, but the devil's in the details...

Maybe the bluetooth in the car interfered with it too much? Maybe the product isn't meant for this application? Who knows, but I'm sending it back and investing in this:

[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Product! (Bose Sounddock Series II Works), November 10, 2012
Very cool product! Just as described and shown in videos. Works great with iPhone 5 and Bose Soundock Series II.

2.0 out of 5 stars Two stars because I like the concept... Just doesn't work, August 23, 2012
I had been looking for this exact item for about six months and when I found the CoolStream I assumed my search was over... I was wrong. I have accumulated three docks over the years and this didn't work on any of them or on the one in my car. My phone(s) kept losing connection and never got more than a few seconds of sound out of the docks. As much as I hate to say it, I would pass on this product unless you have the same dock (exact model) someone else has confirmed worked.

I'm going to keep trying a few things and will update if anything changes.

My Docks:

Older iHome
iCube II
RCA dock / alarm

CoolStream Bluetooth Receiver for iPhone Dock.
$39.99 $35.11