Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Gear Up for Football Baby Sale

on October 13, 2011
The other reviews covered most of the bases but seeing as there's a shortage of them, I decided to give a little input. First off, this is indeed an excellent purchase. If you're looking for a quality case without the expense, you likely will not do better.

First off, the Technical Details imply the inclusion of a rear AND a front fan, however this is not the case. Additionally, though the extra fans I ordered appear to be identical [R4-L2R-20AC-GP - 1.9k rpm max, 1.7-1.8k sustainable] the included intake fan is significantly slower maxing out at just 1.2k rpm, with 1.0-1.1k being sustainable. Not necessarily an issue, but worth noting.

So long as you aren't expecting a $200 case for $40, you will be thrilled. For the record though, it's build quality and functionality is better than a handful of $80-$100 cases I've bought in the past.

As an unexpected bonus, if you have a Prime Membership, the shipping at checkout may say not covered due to being oversize, however, it still ends up being free! The difference is it will be shipped standard UPS ground as opposed to 2-day (and I still received it in 2 days). *edit 5/27/12 - no longer Prime eligible, but still free.*

[In-case anyone is interested in what I've found to provide the best cooling without spending hardly anything: In order to compress the airflow while reducing dust and noise, I completely blocked off both back ports and the top rear port with a thin piece of plastic cut to size and some double-sided foam tape, mounted one fan for intake on the side which of course provides direct airflow on the HDDs/GPU, and one on top for exhaust. To further reduce dust, you can use a screen for the side fan (at the expense of LED brightness, if applicable). The front already has a screen in place. My .02, hope it helps someone!]

Highly Recommended!

*Edit 5/29/12*

So after 7 months of daily use, two complete internal swaps, and multiple component upgrades without the slightest problem, it's safe to say this case is as durable as it is a good deal!

If you're planning to install a dedicated graphics card and wonder if it will fit, you should be fine. I have three full size hard disks and was able to install an absolutely huge Sapphire 6870.

Once again, highly recommended!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 28, 2011
Everything worked fine when I installed my motherboard in this case. It even comes with a small motherboard speaker so you can hear any beeps on startup.
One caution look at the picture and description carefully. It only comes with one 120mm LED fan in the front. There are holes for a fan in the back of the case but they do not include any extra fans, just the single fan in the front.
on July 23, 2011
This is an awesome case for the money, yes cable management can be a bit tricky but it's still provides excellent air flow possiblities, it's big enough to work around in, tooless design is nice, and one other thing I found to be a plus, something that you normally see in just higher in cases, is that when you take off the right side panel it gives you access to your cpu back plate, which is nice for those that want to install nice aftermarket coolers and don't want to go through the hassel of removing everything and putting it back together.
on March 18, 2012
I built my first PC yesterday with this case. Overall good value but definitely has its pros and cons.

Pros:
- Looks much better than other boring, rectangular $50 cases.
- Side window showcases your interior well. Good for showing off LED fans
- All painted black interior is a welcome sight
- Comes with a 120mm front blue LED fan, 2 front USB + audio header pre-wired
- Tool-less 5.25" (2x) and 3.5" (2x) drive bays are easy to use
- Standoff legend is stamped on the inside for ease of installation for microATX and ATX board locations (*really* helpful for first time builders)
- Accommodates long 8-10" graphics cards with no problem
- Fits 159mm tall CPU coolers like the CM Hyper 212 Plus or Evo easily, despite its small footprint
- At around 10 lbs, it's light and easy to move around.
- With five (two intake, 3 exhaust) 120mm fans installed and a Hyper 212+, my CPU and GPU stay at 28-29C when idle.
- Easy to remove and reinstall the side panels due to the large thumb screws

Cons:
- Rear PCI covers are stamped, so you have to remove them before installing the motherboard, and you cannot reinstall them. If you want to add a PCI card later, you may have to struggle a bit to pop out a stamped cover or remove the motherboard to do so.
- There are two places to run cooling hoses through, but you have to drill them out. I would probably select a different, larger case with rubber grommets for liquid cooling.
- Once you install a power supply and complete your wiring, there's basically no space to install a bottom fan. So it really is a 5-fan case.
- No wire management features whatsoever. With such a big window, you're forced to either show your mess or zip-tie the wiring behind the drive bays
- Not much clearance above the motherboard for two 120mm top fans. I have a Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 motherboard, and fortunately two 120mm fans do fit, but it's tight. I had to install the mobo, plug in 12V 4pin ATX, and then install the top two fans, in that order. Some other mobos may put the memory or other ports too close to the top and prevent you from installing upper fans entirely.
- The included fan filters tend to buzz/vibrate against the metal casing, and their holes are kind of large. Don't think they'll stop much dust. I'm going to replace them.
- I'm a first-time builder and found it hard to distinguish between the screws to use for the motherboard and the screws to use for the drive bays and power supply. They have the same finish, head type, and length, but the thread on the motherboard screws is finer. They were all mixed up in the same bag so I had to sort them out.

Final word:
If you're in search of a compact, light, good-looking case with ample cooling options that can fit most parts, consider the Elite 430, but keep its shortcomings in mind before you buy.
on July 18, 2011
I got the case quickly and it was in great condition. Most of the time you have a door that doesn't like to slide or a bend somewhere that makes it awkward. This case was made very well.

It has to be the best case in it's price range. It's very big and houses some of the larger heatsinks (not all, but lots of them). I have the Hyper 212, also from CoolerMaster, and it fits snuggly. The case also has been painted ALL OVER. Most cheap cases don't paint under the front plastic piece, this case is an anomaly and IS painted. The whole thing looks great in that flat black color. There is plenty of space for lots of 120mm fans, which should keep noise down and keep lots of air flowing. The bottom mounted power supply is a major plus for this case. CoolerMaster even includes large thumb screws for taking the panels off. I swear, it feels like this a case that is twice the price.

The one thing I dislike is the lack of filters. While the top fans (normally for exhaust) have filters, the bottom fans do not. This leads me to believe that this case may be designed a bit differently than I am used to. I would have liked a second filter for the bottom fan (there is one for the PSU exhaust fan). I would have also enjoyed one for the fan on the front of the case, as this is normally an intake fan. I looked over the diagrams provided with the case and it seems straight forward, but the filters make me question that.

Overall, this case is AMAZING. I would recommend this case for just about all computer builds, from the extreme to the cost-effective.
review image review image
on January 3, 2012
First off i don't give 5 stars unless something is perfect. With that out of the way this is a great case with plenty of room for its price along with it looks a lot better in real life than it dose in pictures. with 7 fan spots(6 not counting the 1 for the psu) it has plenty of ventilation(all support 120mm). My only two complaints about it is that the sidings are a little flimsy, but most cases are. Also the back pci slot holes are punch out and you have to think carefully about were you are going to put stuff before you punch them out unless you buy covers.

PC specs:
-Cooler Master Elite 430 case with Window
-ASUS P8P67 LE mobo
-Intel core i72600k
-16gb blue Corsair vengeance ram
-Corsair cx600w psu
-Corsair H60 cpu cooler
-EVGA geforce gtx 550ti 2gb
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I needed a new case as mine was destroyed but I didn't want to spend much, thus I bought this case.

I wish I had bought it as my first case instead of a replacement.

The first thing I noticed is how amazingly light it was. I love this as I am tired of lugging super heavy desktop computers whenever I move them. The construction is simply but sturdy. The clips for the CD-ROM drives(for two drives) and hard-drives(for two drives) are both very easy to use and secure. It is nice not to deal with screws anymore. You do not have to remove the back panel to use theses clips, the CD-ROM drive clips are designed to secure the drive from one side. All the holes lines up and were professionally set. My graphics and sound cards both fit nicely into their slots and the securing screw holes lined up which was a problem with my older ANTEC case.

One note. It only comes with a single front fan. It is a decent fan and doesn't make much noise, but I would recommend buying at least one more fan for the rear. For this price even with one fan I think it is a great case.
on October 25, 2011
I was very excited to receive this budget case because it looked like it had all good things going for it and it had good ratings on the newegg website. But upon actual installation of my computer hardware, I slowly but surely got less excited about it. For the price, its okay but there are several potential problems.

- Only one 120mm fan comes with it. The other five 120mm vents are empty for you to provide fans yourself (and 120mm fans aren't that cheap)
- The top two vents are too close to the motherboard. I have an Asrock Extreme4 and the power connecter and mosfet heatsinks prevent me from fitting regular 25mm thick fans atop. I don't even have a big aftermarket cpu cooler, which could also cause fitting issues.
- The backpanel cutout for the cpu cooler baseplate (behind the motherboard) is not wide enough for my mobo, and I potentially suspect the same for other Sandy Bridge motherboards (which have the cpu socket towards the middle, closer to the ram slots). The backpanel is also closer to the motherboard than expected. As a result, my Corsair H50 baseplate does not fit in-between the motherboard and backpanel, and I couldn't install my watercooler without bending my motherboard.
- The left side panel is too close to the motherboard backpanel. Meaning there is no space to hide cables behind it. Only the front panel wires were able to fit behind there (barely).
- Only two tooless HDD slots, two External drive bays, and one FDD slot were provided. The rest you must install with screws.
- No removable PCI slot covers were provided. They are all punch outs, which may be hard to take out once your mobo is installed. The watercooler holes (two of them) are also punch outs, with no grommets provided.
- The front panel speaker and mic connecter wire is too short. My HD Audio and/or AC'97 motherboard connector is towards the back (it usually is) and the wire barely reaches. This means virtually no slack to hide that wire. It looks like a zipline running across my case.

As you can tell, my excitement probably went away pretty fast..kinda like taking off your beer goggles for the first time. But believe you me, I tried to make this case work. (kinda like closing the lights..if you catch my drift).

+ Two vents on the bottom of the case - one for the power supply and the other for a 120mm fan.
+ The two vents on the top have a screen mesh to filter out dust.
+ All the external bay covers are mesh to filter out dust.
+ No sharp edges anywhere
+ Side panel window is nicely constructed and shaped.
+ Very lightweight (compared to my Antec P180) but sturdy as well
+ USB connections are at the top of the case for easy access.
+ You can fit large video cards as long as the adjcent HDD slot is empty. My regular HD6770 fits fine with HDD next to it.

So in the end, I got it in for about 40 bucks and was satisfied. There were some snags but cheap is cheap, and I'll take whatever I can at this price. Just dont expect a mind-blowing experience. ;)

Would I do it again? Probably not, but I dont regret it either.
on January 16, 2012
I bought this case for $39.99, making it a great deal for value/dollar.

I put an ASRock 970 EXTREME3 AM3+ AMD 970 motherboard (mobo) within and it fits ok... as the mobo secure points didn't reach to the third column of mounts. Not really a big issue, but thought I'd share.

Also, the placement of your power supply will be on the bottom instead of the usual ATX case top. This isn't an issue with air flow, but it might get in the way when placing an expansion card into your bottom PCI/PCIe slot if your PSU is about 5.9" high. Low power PSU's may not have this issue (as in under 300W), in respect to their height.

Another review said that the metal on the expansion slots can't be replaced. While this is true on the front where your optical drives are placed, the rear ones have a spot for screwing them back in. However, you might bend the crap out of them just trying to get them out in the first place to where it's not worth it.

Final thoughts: Despite what's mentioned above, the case itself has tons of air flow options, and a great tool-less design. It's not too heavy and the blue LED on the fan in the front fan is pretty low profile.

Buy this case for a sturdy, good looking case at a good price. Just don't pay over $45 for it.
on February 6, 2012
This is yet another well designed product from cooler master. Everything feels solid and not at all flimsy. Even the clear panel is thick enough that I was not worried about damagaing it. Case came well protected in its original (from cooler master) box and everything went together easily. The only part that the instructions were not as clear about was popping out the front mesh panels to install dvd/cd/blue-ray drives. the front facade actually comes off allowing you to remove the panels. Like some of the other reviewers said, I wish there were more of the tooless drive pieces BUT there was enough to get up and running!

In summary this is a great case with great airflow at a great price from a company that has great customer service!