Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800W 80 PLUS Gold Power Supply with Modular Cables (RS800-80GAD3-US)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

I used a 1200 watt version of this power supply in my latest computer build because I was using a high power CPU, multiple GPU graphics cards, 11 TB of hard drives and an SSD. This power supply is so quiet that you cannot hear it run. In addition it operates cool and the inside case temperature is 73 degrees F. My goal was to keep this computer cool because of all the hardware in the case.

The modular design and long cables allowed me to professionally route the wiring cables to optimize airflow and help cool all the components. If you are building a high powered computer I highly recommend this power supply. Take the time to properly route the cables and use a good computer case and you will have great results.
on February 20, 2011
runs very quiet!

High quality build and high quality cables.

Comes with a nice bag, extras are always a nice touch.

Cables has the perfect size for my Full Tower NZXT Phantom Case.

Love the design, it's really beautiful.

Smells nice.
on April 3, 2012
This replaced a corsair 850 watt psu. It does run quieter, and doesn't seem to make the room quite as warm. The cables are all durable and long enough for a cooler master sniper case (using cable management). I like the advertized black plug in cables, but don't like the (color of the) regular built in cables (standard colors). I was expecting all black. The sleeveing on the graphics power comes up a little short exposing some of the yellow and black. plus if you use or don't cut off the extra two leads (ati cards), you'll find it annoying cause that part isn't sleeved. It does seem to be a little more power efficient, this could be subconscious, but i think i'm saving a few bucks on my electricity bill. I still gave this 5 stars even though the cables weren't all they were in the picture because the wires aren't visible through the case, and I cut the visible wire and added shrink wrap to hide the cable. Another reason being that the visible cable might not be a big deal to some, but i'm a cable management freak, and love my case neat and tidy. Great PSU otherwise.
i7-960 lga1366 oc'd to 4.2Ghz (water cooled)
evga x58 classified (NB water cooled)
12Gb ocz ram
2x evga gtx 260 sli
crucial 256gb ssd
2x 1TB Wd black drives
2x 500Gb wd black drives
1x lg dvd-rw
on April 23, 2012
I bought the 1200w Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold for my gaming desktop. This Power supply is built very well and comes with extremely high quality cables and connectors. It literally has everything you need for plugging in hardware. It's quiet as well as efficient (90% efficiency rating), many other PSU's that have the same wattage and quality are double or even triple the price! Very satisfied with my purchase!

My rig:
NZXT Guardian 921 Case (4 fans)
asus p8z68v-pro/gen3 motherboard
intel i7 2600k CPU
corsair vengeance 8GB ram 1600mhz
Seagate barracuda 2TB 7200 rpm hdd
Cooler master CPU cooler
Cooler master silent pro gold 1200W power supply
dual EVGA GTX 570 sli
Asus cd/dvd rw disk drive
on December 9, 2010
I choose this PSU out of other 1000w units due to the facts that it was modular, it was certified at the "Gold" level, and because I have a CoolerMaster Haf X case as well. It looks great, runs COMPLETELY silent, and seems have no problems meeting my power demands, although I'm sure I've not gotten anywhere near 1000 watts.

But shame on CoolerMaster. The fact is it is not completely modular. I imagine it makes sense to have SOME non-modular cables, like the motherboard power connector, but it just has too many cables that aren't modular. Even after I was done hooking everything up, including supplying power to my motherboard in three different places and powering a Radeon 6870 card with two 6-pin adapters, I still have 2 entire non-modular cables completely unused clogging up my case =p. I am admittedly a bit anal about cable organization, but still. They should at least disclose this in text/pictures up front. I've wondered what would happen if I simply cut these cables off these extra cables... lol. I assume they had some logic behind these extra cables, but why not just make them all modular? Who cares? In the end it is still a great PSU that I'm sure will outlast most of the other components in my case.
77 comments|21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 23, 2011
I recently built my first computer based on a Thermaltake 10GT case, Intel Core i7 2600K CPU, ASUS Sabertooth P67 motherboard and an ASUS GTS450 graphics card. I was looking for a power supply in the area of about 800 Watts, but for the difference decided to get this one. A great choice.

First of all the box contained every power cable I needed. I did not have to go buy any others and indeed have a few left over. The cables were in a neat velcro secured bag that I use now for spares. Secondly the power supply runs very quiet. It makes no noise whatsoever. The installation was perfect in my case, the screw alignments were smack on.

In checking the operation, I don't use anywhere near what this thing can put out. But it is comforting to know if I do add something this power supply will easily handle it. Plus the fact that I am running it so below capacity, it will probably last a lifetime. Highly recommended for anyone who wants power to spare and appreciates receiving a complete package with everything in it for installation.
on January 27, 2012
Pro:
Provides ample power to my OC'ed CPU and two OC'ed GPUs, plus tons of other accessories and lights
Provides very stable voltage to all rails so my OC'ed system runs stable even at 24x7 100% load
The built-in fan is virtually silent, albeit runs slower than I'd like
Gold power efficiency
Solid construction
No vibration
No transformer buzzing sound
Very thick power cord to handle the 1200-Watt load

Con:
Not modular as advertised. Some useless cables cannot be detached.
No power cord lock.
on October 17, 2011
I really hate when a company goes out of the way to "Deceive" the consumer. This is not a fully modular PSU...........but they sure do a good job of hiding this fact with the pictures they take of the unit! The 20+4 cable and a bunch of the GPU cables are not modular..........luckily the power supply makes up for all the deceptive sales practices. The power supply is quiet and very rock solid Cooler Master did a great job on the build quality..........now if they would make it fully modular this would be the best PSU on the market!

If you want a clean build or don't have a lot of room for extra cables just be aware!
33 comments|20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 2, 2011
Decided to upgrade supply for future expansion after seeing it store and with attractive price, got this and installed. As soon as I hit power switch I got a mini firework on MB. This burned my Intel xxP67BA and took out Core i7-2600K (found it later). Almost to contact Cooler Master but delayed to further checkout other H/W. The supply was checked out fine with tester and so are video card and RAM. I went a little further to have this supply in another system I have and run for few hours w/o problem. This will give me a confidence to use in my new setup (MSI P67A-G65-B3 and a borrowed i5 from friend).
The system's in burn-mode for a few nights without any further problem.

All the cables are modular except 20/24 & 6/8 molex connectors. These are thin and flexible, easy for wire management. Wish they're color coded like other supplies. You can't tell if it's on if you don't see the fan running. It's SO quiet. The cables are long enough to reach to the top of my case (a Nzxt phantom case). I wish it comes other than black color that'll match my case. Besides all that mishaps, the supply is good, quiet and will provide enough power to your fully loaded system.

My specs:
- Logitech MK520 wireless KB/Mouse combo
- 3 Seagate HDDs total 4.5TB
- LG Bluray Writer
on January 25, 2012
After hearing nothing but great things about this PSU, i was disappointed in this PSU! Imagine this, Its your first build and you want everything to be perfect! Everything has arrived and you are packaging everything! You get to the super golden heavy box of your bran new Silent pro Gold series "MODULAR" PSU just to open it and see that it is just semi modular... I can understand why it is semi modular but i feel cheated in some way thinking this was going to be a super modular PSU

Here is the list of the non modular cables:
- MOB 20 + 4 pin x1
- CPU 4 + 4 pin x2
- PCI-e 6 + 2 pin x2

I would consider it a good thing that these cables are not modular due to there importance of each of these cables.

These cables are all that you need to get started for your system. The "extra" cables are modular, all of your Molex cable connections, all of your CD, HDD, and SSD drive power cables are modular.

Just a side note the non modular cables are POORLY sleeved. I would have just preferred them not to be sleeved so i could just sleeve them myself.
review image