5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet!
Published on June 15, 2010 by Tall n' Geeky

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, poor support
Published 23 months ago by Modus Pwnd

5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet!, June 15, 2010
Tall n' Geeky (California, USA) - See all my reviews
Unlike some of the other reviewers said, I received the 1000W model which I ordered. If there was a problem, it has been solved. This power supply is modular except for the 24pin and 4/8pin power, and the modular cables are flat, which helps with cable management. This is powering my build comprised of the i7-930 overclocked to 4.0GHz, 6GB of 1600MHz RAM, an HD 5850, 6 HDDs, 4 case fans, and 2 Scythe fans for my Corsair H50 cooler.

This component is the quietest in the whole setup! And I know it will handle the Crossfire setup I'm eventually installing. The price is nice for the wattage, and it is efficient to boot. It has no LED lights on it, which works out perfectly as I am too old to want a light show in my case. The only problem I had was with registering the product, as Cooler Master's site is hard to navigate. The registration page will come up with a Google search.

5.0 out of 5 stars Monster PSU!!, December 24, 2009
this is a well made psu from Cooler Master with a lot of connectors, long cables for full tower cases overall this is a good psu for modding I suggest this if you are a modder, cables are really easy to modify.
Runs cool and is very quite I barely hear the psu running :).
I receive the 850 watts version instead of 1k. Amazon responded really fast with the return, I'm in love with amazon :) your costumer service is excellent.

This PSU powers:
X-fi xtreme music
HIS ATI Radeon 5850 x2

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice power supply, great price!, November 17, 2009
Loren Malm (Anderson, IN USA) - See all my reviews
This is a very nice power supply, I don't really need 850W of power, but the reviews, build quality, and modular design were sellers. The fan is ultra-quiet; even with the case open it's just about impossible to hear running. The cost of this power supply compared to some other options makes it a good deal - it was less expensive than several other options.

If I had to offer a downside, I'd say the "flat cables" Cooler Master makes a big deal about are just OK. First, the built-in non-modular cables are round, only the modular cables are flat. Second, the purported benefit of the flat cables is that air will flow around them more easily - I guess if air is blowing directly at the narrow edge and the cable is held straight, this would be true. In a real-life case the cables bend and twist and there is no way to aim keep the flat edge of the cable directly in line with the airflow. The flat cables are also more difficult to tie back than round sheathed cables, and unless done correctly it's possible to get several of the flat cables lined up along their long side significantly restricting airflow - bottom line for me is that after several builds, I'd much prefer the rounded cables.

5.0 out of 5 stars Be carefull., December 17, 2009
Hi. Item was listed as a 1000 watt power supply and had all the specs listed as a 1000 watt. I was even asked to review the 1000 watt model LOL!
But I was shipped the 850 watt one. Anyways the 850 does the job well I am happy with it I am just surprised when I asked for a return authorization I received an automated response from the company but no follow up after that. Could not wait so I installed it. Still a very good power supply just not an exceptional Amazon listed supplier.
Amazon still rocks!

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, poor support, May 15, 2012
My unit came with a faulty cable connection which melted down. I had to RMA through CoolerMaster and they made me pay for the return shipping which is quite expensive on a heavy item like this. Now I have received my replacement. A dinged up 'refurbished tested' replacement which is DOA. Tested huh? Dont think so. Now they expect me to pay shipping again to send it back, even though it has been CoolerMaster's fault each time. I have been waiting and waiting for a response with an RMA number and they are just ignoring me now. I ended up disputing the charge on my credit card since CoolerMaster is not doing anything.

Very unhappy and will avoid coolermaster for the forseeable future. Not because of the faulty unit, that happens. But because of their poor service and poor warranty support.

I picked up a FSP 1000w because I dont have time to wait for CoolerMaster and it works great and is much higher quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars It gets the job done, but it isn't what I expected to receive, August 24, 2012
Zach (Illinois, USA) - See all my reviews
My system runs well with this power supply (the 850 watt version). Here's a list of pro's and con's about it.

Pro's
-The power output rating on this power supply is accurate, meaning it does provide as much power as it says it does.
-It stays very cool and quiet. In fact, it stays so quiet that I've had to check a few times to see if the fan was still spinning (and yes, it was running each time).
-It has plenty of power connectors, as well as different connectors on different wires. For instance, one of the SATA cables has only 2 connectors, the second one has 3 connectors, and the third one has 4 connectors. Use this feature wisely to give the case the best cable management.
-It is heavy, showing that it is made with good parts. My experience shows that the heavier the PSU, the better the quality.
-The 8 pin +12 volt CPU connector (it has 2 of those, totalling 16 pins) is well long enough to reach from the bottom of my Cooler Master Elite 430 case to the top of the motherboard, routing the cable around the motherboard so it is out of the way.

Con's
-The cooling was NOT what I was expecting to get. The page shows some finger-style coolers for the MOSFET's and diodes, but the coolers in the PSU that I received are the standard vertical fin-type. I hope that it can stay cool enough with those.
-The size is different than what was stated. Amazon said that the PSU was only 5.5 inches long (which is what I needed), but in reality, the unit is 6.5 inches long. If you have the same case as I do, you know how much of a pain this is. There is a 120mm fan that fits right next to the PSU on the bottom of the case. I had to remove this because the PSU's length was listed wrong.
-This PSU's cables were obviously not meant to be used in a bottom-mounted set-up. The SATA cable that I have running up to my DVD drive and external HDD slot had to be twisted around to get it to actually fit. The wires are looped up, and it takes away from the aesthetics of the computer.

Neutral's
-All the cables are very long, so if you have a small case, cable management will be dang near impossible.
-The rubber vibration dampers are a bit tricky. To get them to stay put, I had to wiggle little rubber posts into holes on the PSU's case. Even then some of them popped back out, forcing me to do it all over again.

Overall, it's a fine piece of equipment, and the only problems I had were with incorrect labeling and advertising.

5.0 out of 5 stars Modular power supply delivers, December 20, 2009
A Kid's Review
This power supply was one among many components I gathered for my very first attempt at building my own computer. It was easy to install, although it was a little difficult to keep the supplied rubber flange lined up with the screw holes.

The unit comes with a variety of power cables, and the modular design makes it easy to hook up your components without making a mess of your cabinet. There is no noise coming from it that can be heard over the cabinet fans. It's only been operating for about a month, but so far that operation has been flawless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Potencia!! :: Power!!, July 21, 2012
Una opción bastante buena para quien espera un buen desempeño y comodidad dentro del case, sus 3 características principales son:
1. Su potencia
2. Silenciosa y fresca
3. La opción de usar estrictamente las conexiones que necesitas gracias a su tipo de conexión modular .

Cables lo suficiente largos para una mejor comodidad dentro del case.

A pretty good option for those who expect a good performance and comfort into the case, its 3 main features are:
1. His power
2. Quiet and cool
3. The option to use strictly the connections you need thanks to its modular connection type.

Cables long enough for better comfort inside the case.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great PSU with some cabling issues, December 12, 2011
Chris (Alameda, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
Ordinarily I'd be giving this five stars. It works perfectly and is too quiet to be heard over other things in my lounge.

So what's the problem?

I bought this with a Cooler Master HAF 932 case which accommodates this PSU perfectly... at the bottom. Great place for a heavy PSU. Unfortunately the cables are designed for a top mounting location. They expect the first drive to be at the top and the power to daisy chain down. Well these cables won't reach round the back (where the wiring belongs on this case) and then out to the top drive bay. They will reach the bottom drive, but then either you can't connect the others or you have to twist the cable round so it can hook in upside down. That leaves the rest of the connectors hanging down and that's no good for powering the other drives. So now what? Well fortunately people make extensions and converters from standard cables, so I was able to pick up power from a 4 pin Molex (old style drive connector) and use that to power my two DVD drives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good PSU, September 2, 2010
I7 920 OC 3.6GHz, 2*3GB DDR3 1600MHz, Seagate 7200.12 1TB*2, Kingston SSD 128GB*2, Creative Augidy 2 ZS, Removable HDD*2, Geforce GTX 460
This PSU held up well.
+3.3V varies between 3.20 - 3.22
+5V varies between 4.97-5.00
+12V varies between 12.14-12.31
very stable output.
It's also very quite. Unnoticeable in my case as I have 3 120mm fans for my water cooling system. Even though these are not loud themselves, they completely mask the noise from this PSU.
In general, very worthy PSU.
Highly recommanded.