5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I thought.
I expected it to fit my case, and have a good quality finish. And it did. But I also thought it would just be a plain window, when it actually has an integrated fan mount in the plastic. Very attractive and well executed. And useful, of course. It also came in one of the nicest boxes I have ever seen anything packaged in!
Published on January 30, 2011 by mattm9y

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad QC experience
Item is as described, fits fine. Wish the description mentioned the fan mount is 120mm and not 140 mm like the stock side.
Published on July 28, 2011 by tcoll

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I thought., January 30, 2011
This review is from: Cooler Master CM 690 II Transparent Acrylic Side Window Panel RA-692-KWN1 (Personal Computers)

5.0 out of 5 stars bland to outstanding with the twist of 2 thumbscrews, July 21, 2010
this side-panel is directly from cooler master so of course it fits and matches the case like its supposed to, and it really does make a difference in the visual styling of the case. if your CM690II didn't come with the windowed panel and you want to show off the guts, this is probably your best option lol. as a side note i wasn't to impressed with the quality of the acrylic window that the panel came with, so i threw it out the window (heh) and replaced it with a much clearer plexiglass panel.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gets the Job Done, December 29, 2010
blu3flannel (Winston-Salem, NC USA) - See all my reviews
I loved almost everything about the CM 690 II Advanced except the fact that the side panel didn't have a window. I thought about cutting a hole in it, but I found that there was this side window made by Cooler Master. I figured it would save me a considerable amount if I just bought one, so I did. When I got it, I was a bit disappointed with the rigidity of the metal. It flops from side to side and, if left in that position for too long, will be very hard to bend back. The plastic window is also moderately hard to clean and attracts dust, which is somewhat annoying. I do like that I can finally see my hard-earned cash through the window though, I didn't want to buy all that fancy hardware just to not see it. I like the window, but it could have been constructed better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superfluous, yet perfect., December 25, 2010
D. Moomey (Central Coast Cali.) - See all my reviews
I was looking for the CM 690 ii Advanced with the window, but alas I was only able to find the non-windowed version of the case for sale. I found this little guy after searching around for a while. The case itself is normally around $79.99, and the side window panel was $25. So, for a total of $105 I'd say it's worth it if you're the type who likes to look over and marvel at the innards of your machine during the ocasional loading screen.

The construction quality of the side panel is what I would expect (excellent). It matches and fits the case perfectly. The acrylic window is light weight and I believe will be prone to scratching easily so I'll have to be careful. Never the less, it shipped in 4 days in a sturdy package with foam inserts and was in perfect condition.

Though this part may seem unnecessary (which it is), it completes the case aesthetically.

5.0 out of 5 stars The missing piece for a super CM690II, July 18, 2010
This side window is the missing piece for making the CM690II a really great case. Some will say that you only have one fan on the window vs 2 on the original but it doesn't seem to make a difference in the temperature of the case/cpu or video cards. I installed a Gigabyte MB with 955BE, OCZ modxstream PSU (needed to get extensions for both 24pin and 8pin power cables), 2-XFX 5770s, Crucial Ballistic Tracers (for some BLING) 2-Velociraptors (raid 0) and a Caviar Blk 640 for storage. I redid some of cable sleeving on the OCZ psu and others to UV colors (green/red-pink/blue/yellow) for the different types of cables (red-pink=SATA, blue=PCI-E, green=MOLEX/CPU power, yellow=fan cables) so the window really shows of the cable mods and lights from the memory.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad QC experience, July 28, 2011
I had a terrible delivery experience. The part was literally thrown in a box with no packing material. The box was simply closed with a cardboard tab and not even taped shut(it was closed from the bottom also, there was a handle on the top of the box, they were very lucky it didn't just fall out.) Received item bent out of shape, had to take the plexi out and bend it back in place. Not impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well built, September 7, 2010
Cooler Master as always made another good product, I bought a CM690II Advanced Case and after i bought the case decided i needed a clear side so that i could see the display for my water cooler. Good Price and Good Quality what more can you ask for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cant wait to buy, February 15, 2012
My friend has this and it awesome, really changes the overall already polished look of the Cm 690, i think they should have included this in the actual case at retail. Cant wait to buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean, Simple, and Solid, December 24, 2011
If you have the ability and tools to mod the stock CM690-2 Advanced side panel with your own plexi, go ahead and do so and save your money. But if you're like me and want that a plexi side panel on their case but lack the proper tools, then $25 is a small price to pay.

It looks clean, simple, and feels very solid, with holes to mount a 120mm fan if you need the extra air intake. It really should have come with the CM690-2 as stock but that's a fault with the case, not this acrylic side panel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This Panel, December 4, 2011
frank09nj (Pompton Plains, NJ, US) - See all my reviews
I bought this side panel to put on my new Digital Storm Crusader Gaming Rig. I put a 120mm Blue LED Fan n the Panel and added a 140mm one at the bottom of he case to match the front fan tat came stock with the case. This thing looks AWESOME. This panel makes a world of difference. Fits perfectly, fan installed easily. Delivery from Amazon was super fast.
Great Job Cooler Master and Amazon!