Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on May 20, 2009
I've had this cooler on my Core i7 920 for four months now. I'm overclocked at 3.8ghz, and I can run Prime95, eight threads, all night long and never reach 70 celsius. Beware of negative reviews that are just citing "information" cribbed from online reviews, or from people who just want to rationalize why they don't want to pay a higher price for a cooler. Is a Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme RT 1366 almost as good? Yes, if you lap the base and add a second fan. Then the V10, as it comes out of the box, is "only" a couple of degrees better. I don't know about you, but I don't want to spend hours and make a mess trying to lap a Thermalright base so it's even close to the excellent finish the V10 has just the way it comes. The V10 is the best air cooler you can get if you want to take it out of the box, bolt it on, and get on with what you're building your computer to *do*. At most the nay-sayers can argue about whether its enough better to justify the higher price. It's extremely well made, works perfectly just the way it comes, and can't be surpassed without getting into a water cooling setup costing two or three times as much. (And the V10 will never leak and screw up your system and your carpet.)
on March 1, 2010
People who are saying that the V10 is only a couple of degrees better than the other best air coolers are missing one important fact. The v10 will not cool much better than the best air coolers, such as the 120 or Cogage, UNTIL the CPU heat gets hotter than 70C. The Peltier system doesn't even function when the CPU temp is under 70 or 75C. If you are hitting 95C OCing your i7 920 C0, you can bring that temp down into the 70s with the V10.
on March 17, 2013
so i could get technical, but the nerd rage enough about how this thing isn't worth it or it's over priced, but lets face it, it looks freaking sweet. it works amazing (who cares if i can get 1 degrees less with X). and most importantly i modified it beyond belief. that's right i got a turbine fan on one end attached and replaced all fans with faster and more powerful ones (not delta). Also i swapped out the pelt switch with one thats about 5 times more powerful.

to the nerds who are like "the pelt never works/kicks in": i got a temp prob and monitor the hot side and cold side of the pelt switch, it usually reads -3 C and 67 C on respective sides about every 30 mins.

to the nerds/eco nerds who are like waste of elec: you're probably/definately right, but do i need to worry about the pelt when i have 2 40" screens and an oc'd GPU & CPU and never turn off my computer? no... i'm sorry that i don't care about conserving power, i want to live comfortably and i honestly think there are more pressing concerns that my power consumption.

to the nerds who say not worth price: probably right, but this thing keeps my cpu at a constant 5-10 C above room temp (28- 33C). never have i ever seen it go higher, no matter what i'm doing. and before you ask if i bench mark or w/e, no i don't. there is no point to me purposed loading my cpu to see the cooling properties of this beast. i already bought it and see it.
on August 19, 2014
For an aftermarket air cooler at THIS price...not worth it. I have corsair vengeance RAM and they were JUST tall enough for me to cram the V10 on top of it. After painfully laboring with this hunk of metal during installation, the temperatures were not very impressive; i990x at stock speed idle placed around 34-35. My Corsair h80 put it 5 degrees lower during idle and up to 10 degrees lower during load. And theyre the same price! Just buy one of those. This isn't worth the installation hassle and the performance certainly isn't worth it.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2013
Have this on a AMD 8 Core 4.0 ghz processor. I overclocked the Processor to 4.7 and the damn thing doesn't even break a sweat sitting at a cool 46 degrees under load. To give you a good example of load here is where I was doing to max it out. I do a lot of video converting and had each processor tackle a different video downgrading from HD 1080p to 720p this was 8 hours of footage and under this huge load I never saw an issue.
on April 9, 2009
This cooler replaced a Thermaltake v1 on my core i7 920, and i am now able to overclock to a stable 4.0 GHz with temps under 70C, while with my v1 i was unable to go higher than 3.5 GHz while staying under 90C. I would highly recommend this cooler to anyone wishing for a huge overclock without the hassle of watercooling, as it not only cools my cpu, it keeps my 12GB of RAM cool, and has lowered my chipset temps by at least 5C. It fits beautifully in my Thermaltake Armor+ full tower case.
on August 3, 2011
I purchased this item to cool my CPU, obviously. When I received it and opened the box I was in awe, it is massive and HIGHLY impressive looking. Unfortunately I had to return it because it does not support RAM larger than 40mm, which is not brought to attention on this page. I was a little confused as to why they made this high performance CPU cooler that doesn't support high performance/gaming style RAM. Oh well, maybe on the V12.
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2010
When looking for a CPU cooler i wanted something that was going to be able to more than handle what i wanted to throw at it. I have a thermaltake vh6000bws case and knew that i would have the space for it but i had read on forum sights that guys were having troubles with getting it to fit on the EVGA X58 SLI boards.

I decided to go for it anyway. i got the shipment in and while putting it together the tension screws were not lining up. so i pushed up adjusted them to their farthest setting and they fit in like a charm. another review had said they had to return it after not getting it to fit over their Dominator series RAM, so i was worried about this too, but after installation i saw that the heatsinks of the RAM modules are really close to the heatsink from the cooler but they do fit.

ALL in all my main message is even though this is a fairly expensive air cooler it is worth the money and has phenominal performance compared to others ive seen used. Just make sure to take your time and dont get flustered if things dont seem to be going as smoothly as you thing they should, my computer fit together great and is running great. And if used with the thermaltake case the rear most heatsink is perfectly placed infront of the rear exhaust fan and makes for great cooling.
on May 23, 2010
I had to return this item because it would not fit an EVGA x58 SLI mobo. Amazon was great with the return, the CSR's were courtous and the money refunded in less than a week.
on August 21, 2013
This item is not worth 600$ ...do not buy this item at 600$ .... Should only cost 80$-100$....research before u buy