Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on April 3, 2013
This is the first time I've written a review for a product, so bear with me.
I bought these for my 2012 F150 last summer. Several things influenced my buying decision, Looks, Made in the USA, I've never owned a Mud Tire before, and several reviews had stated they were not loud. I've had them now for 9,500 miles.

Sound: I can state that the hum from the tires is noticeable at highway speeds, but just barely. It's right about the same level as the wind noise, so not obtrusive at all. I've ridden in friends trucks with mud tires that sound like a squad of angry bees. These tires are NOT like that at all. I am very pleased with the sound, or lack thereof.

Dry Handling: Amazingly they seem great on the street. Locks of traction. Cornering traction is amazingly high for a truck, and my other car is a sports car so that's saying alot. I keep them aired up around 45-50 psi for mileage reasons, which should make for a smaller contact patch and less traction, but they seem to work great.

Snow Handling: This is the part I was nervous about, as Mud tires typically aren't the best in winter. Though these have exceeded my expectations here as well. Usually I buy snow tires every winter and run those. This is the first year I haven't. These tires have amazing traction when accelerating. I think this is teh first tire I've had the really feels like it digs in when spinning and just goes. The shortfall is stopping distances seem to be longer than with a dedicated snow tire, especially on ice. I was expecting that, but it could put off some people. I managed no accidents, and no close calls throughout the entire winter, despite having longer stopping distances. Pretty much any mud tire with it's large tread blocks and lack of sipes will have less traction on ice, so I was really expecting it, and I would call it's behavior far from dangerous.
Also, I do alot of sliding around in the winter on purpose. in 2WD goosing the throttle and sliding the back end of the truck around corners. I have to say, these tires have almost perfect characteristics for this kind of driving. predictable and progressive break-away that is proportional with throttle, and good recovery when you let off the throttle. I am VERY pleased with how these tires worked in winter

Off-Road traction: I'm very sad to say I haven't gotten a chance to really use these off-road yet. I didn't intend for my truck to be this much of a street queen, but so far she is. With as sticky as this compound seems to be I expect great things off-road, be it climbing rocks or going through mud.

Ride: A little harsh. Though I keep the pressures very high (45-50 psi) and my truck is unloaded most of the time.

Balancing: These are big heavy tires, and took alot of effort to balance them. Meaning repeated trips to my installer. Luckily I only had to pay once, and the fault could be the installers, not the tire. Hard to say.

Wear: After 9500 miles they still look new. So far the wear on these is great.

Weight (Mileage): These are heavy tires. With my 18x8 aluminum rims the combination comes out to over 100 lbs each. And this weight does effect mileage, so my mileage has definitely dropped. Probably about 3mpg overall. To be fair though these are Load Range E (10 Ply with sidewall armor) tires, and the Stock F150 tires were just passenger tires, so a vast difference was expected, especially considering the vast difference in load capacity.
The heaviest load I've had in my truck was ~1000 lbs, and the tires and truck handled it like it wasn't even there.

Overall, I'd definitely buy these tires again. They are just that good, quiet, long lasting, and look awesome that I can't imagine a better tire for my application. And with their ability to do everything well I'd call these more of an extremely aggresive All-Terrain than a true Mud Tire.