4.0 out of 5 stars convenient, well made,
I agree with another reviewer, this is great for about (21 ounces or about 2 mugs)of tea from loose tea. This is a nice table-top carafe and is well designed for its purpose. It is not designed to be portable spill-proof carrying container.

Published on June 20, 2010 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars poor strainer design/lid
strainer does not stay put in the "notches" provided in the plastic lid. poor design. keeps falling out. force it and this thing will break way before it is worn out
Published on January 14, 2012 by the cabinet maker

4.0 out of 5 stars convenient, well made,, June 20, 2010
This review is from: Copco 2510-4501 Personal Tea Carafe (Kitchen)

I was pleased that there were two covers - both of which can be on the carafe at the same time during steeping. The long metal tea infuser is attached to its own cover. This cover has large well, so that when the tea is steeped, remove this cover (with its attached infuser) and turn upside down to catch its own drips. No extra plate or cup is needed to catch drips. There is one additional cover (like a plain carafe cover) that can stay on top of the carafe when the infuser is removed.

I found the infuser OK, relatively easy to remove, fill, (or clean) and reattach.

Don't be greedy to fill higher than the max mark (21 ounces). The max mark is a bit hard to find but it is there. Having the hot water in contact with the infuser's plastic holder for several minutes makes the holder too hot to handle.) When filled to the correct amount, the infuser holder temperature stays OK and removing it when the tea is steeped is easy.

The carafe does get very hot (of course! boiling water sitting in the glass carafe to steep the tea!) The silicone gripping area is adequate - but there is one orientation best for gripping and keeping hand/palms off the very hot glass - so be sensible!). I have teeny hands and they are a bit stiff, and the whole assembly felt a bit wide for me to grip confidently, but I still liked it.

I gave it 4 stars because I wish it were a little narrower for my hands - on the other hand, the shape is very pleasing and being taller and narrower would not be as pleasing.

4.0 out of 5 stars great tea brewer for 1 person, January 23, 2010
This review is from: Copco 2510-4501 Personal Tea Carafe (Kitchen)
Great for mornings when you want more than 1 cup of tea, but not a whole pot. It's the perfect size! The silicone sleeve means you won't have to burn your fingers by trying to awkwardly grasp only the neck of the bottle like those little carafes they give you in diners and restaurants. My only complaint (thus 4 stars vs. 5) is that the infuser holes are slightly larger than I would like, and for some teas like Kwaazulu or a fine Assam, some of the leaves will seep out. But, an Adagio tea filter fits perfectly inside, so problem solved!

2.0 out of 5 stars poor strainer design/lid, January 14, 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken when add hot water, March 14, 2014
This review is from: Copco 2510-4501 Personal Tea Carafe (Kitchen)
I use it less than one week. I add hot water, the glass broken. And the water splash to my keyboard and I phone. A tea cup should contain hot liquid, right?

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute but maybe not ideal, March 13, 2014
Veronica "Vero M" (Los Angeles, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Copco 2510-4501 Personal Tea Carafe (Kitchen)
I like the way it looks and it works ok but its not ideal to take around with you. it also comes apart very easy. if you want to use it around the house and you have no kids or pets, this may be something cute to have around. if you have kids or pets, i would not purchase this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Strainer doesn't stay in place., March 5, 2014
Ryan McNamara (West Milford, NJ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Copco 2510-4501 Personal Tea Carafe (Kitchen)
The strainer that goes on top doesn't stay. It appears to have notches that are meant to keep it in place, but they simply don't do anything. As a result the product is not functional. Since there are some positive reviews of this product already, perhaps it is a quality control issue. But mine doesn't work and I'm looking to buy a new strainer on amazon today.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, January 10, 2014
Claire Downes-Haynes (Christ Church, Barbados) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Copco 2510-4501 Personal Tea Carafe (Kitchen)
My daughter discovered a love of teas and I bought this for her to use at college. It works very well for her and let's her have a comfort of home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best!, September 27, 2013
This review is from: Copco 2510-4501 Personal Tea Carafe (Kitchen)
I really like the tea infuser part because it is long enough and I can set it aside easily
Top lid is loose so i actually lost it already but i really like it so i might buy it again

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the right amount of tea for my work day morning, September 20, 2013
V. Pena (Merrillville, IN USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Copco 2510-4501 Personal Tea Carafe (Kitchen)
Love this little carafe. Makes just the right amount of tea for my work morning. It;s easy to use, I like it's style too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not too bad, August 26, 2013
This review is from: Copco 2510-4501 Personal Tea Carafe (Kitchen)
I took this camping with me this summer and I really liked it the only issue was that infusers holes were a little too big and I did have loose tea floating in the water. Easy to handle and clean. Would definitely purchase again.

Copco 2510-4501 Personal Tea Carafe