5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product
Published on September 5, 2012 by S. Street

2.0 out of 5 stars not worth the money
looks good and makes accessing my markers a lot easier, but it's a plastic block...you could do better for the money...
Published 17 months ago by Keith O. Rodgers

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, September 5, 2012
S. Street "staceyb63" (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Copic Markers Block Stand (Misc.)
It makes me a little crazy when irresponsible reviewers rate a product based on something other than THE PRODUCT. At the time of this writing, this product should be getting a 5 star average based on the actual product. But because a couple of reviewers didn't read the product info and take responsibility for what they were purchasing, the product appears to most browsing shoppers out there to be less than it is. We all left picture books behind when we learned to read. If you're old enough to buy something on the internet, you're presumably old enough to read instead of just looking at the pictures!

That said, this is a great product. I used the wire 72-slot Copic rack prior to using these block stands. They're both superior, quality-made products, especially compared to the plastic cases you might see out there (I tried two types of cheaper plastic stands and found them to be a waste of money because they were flimsy, cumbersome, and tended to fall over, or make marker retrieval difficult.) Here's what I can offer on the 32-slot Block Stand (reviewed here) and the 72-slot wire stand I used previously.

* If you're concerned about desk space, the footprint difference of the products is significant. The 72-slot Wire Rack is 13.5"x3.75" (50.625 square inches). The 32-slot Block Stand is 5.2"x5.6" (29.12 square inches).

* Because the Block Stand can be stacked at least three-high (maybe more?), at least 96 markers can be stored in little more than 1/2 the desk space than the Wire Rack. If you find yourself getting into the 100s of markers, this becomes an increasingly exponential issue.

* The design of the Block Stand makes the space it takes up multi-usage, because the top(s) of the Block Stand(s) can be used as 'desk space' since they will support other items being placed on them. Obviously, nothing can be placed on top of the Wire Rack, so it's desk space usage is single-usage.

* I found that marker retrieval is easy from either system, but that marker placement back into the wire rack can be frustrating if you're trying to work quickly, because the angle has to be just right for it to fit into the lower slot in the rack. Marker placement back into the Block Stand is easier.

* Although the forward slant of the markers in the Wire Rack is nice, they're still upright enough that I had to lift out of my chair to read the numbers. Because the Block Stand can be configured with all markers horizontal, reading the numbers is more convenient.

I hope this is helpful to anyone out there trying to choose between these two products. Good luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what it's supposed to be, August 8, 2012
This review is from: Copic Markers Block Stand (Misc.)
Because of the negative reviews this product received, I thought I might clear the air for anyone considering making this purchase.

Whomever bought this product and complained about it only being "one block" or said that the picture is "misleading" probably ignored the product information. This item is sold 1 block at a time, and always has been sold 1 block at a time, at a price of around $35-$40 for 1 block (I am repeating myself to get my point across). The item featured on this page does not come with three blocks, it comes with 1. It even states in the product information "Sections sold individually". If you want to stack three blocks, you will have to purchase three of this item.

So... there you have it. There is nothing wrong with this product- it is wonderful and convenient for the storage of my massive marker collection. I plan on purchasing 12 of these blocks in total over the next several months, stacking them four to a square and three tall, and putting them on a lazy susan in my office to make picking my markers and storing my refills more convenient. If you are a copic user, this product is a must-have!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product With Some Reservations, November 16, 2012
This review is from: Copic Markers Block Stand (Misc.)
I bought four of these blocks to replace the wire stand I had purchased after buying a 72 piece set to add to my collection of mixed Sketch and Ciao markers. The first thing I noticed is that while the markers rest at a perfect 90 degree angle in one side of the block, they sit at a slightly oblique angle on the other side of the block. I fussed with the units for some time before deciding this was intentional, albeit annoying. Given that each row is offset from the one above and below, I dont see why the manufacturers felt they had to force one side of the unit to operate differently from the other, and this cost them a half a star.

The second point that annoyed me is that the picture offered by this site shows the markers sitting further into the block than is actually possible. The Amazon photo shows the markers sit well into the block with the front of the unit past the cap joint, but in reality the marker sits much further out of the unit than pictured. This is probably because the unit was made for the original Copic marker which has a shorter square barrel. I have posted my own photos to show how the Sketch and Ciao markers look in the units. I dont like how loose my markers fit in the unit and so this cost them a half a star.

Other than the points discussed above, I found this product lives up to its claims. It is well made, although a bit expensive - $119 for four units or 144 markers or 81.9c per marker. They are bigger than I expected and do stack nicely. I have mine stacked two high. I also like that they do accommodate the Copic Ciao markers however with the Ciao numbering scheme, one cannot tell what the color is without removing the marker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy Storage, July 6, 2009
This review is from: Copic Markers Block Stand (Misc.)
Great vertical storage for you Copic markers . Saves a ton of desk space and all you have all the colors right at your fingertips!!

5.0 out of 5 stars These Blocks Are A Great Space Saver!, December 12, 2012
This review is from: Copic Markers Block Stand (Misc.)
I have had three blocks stacked on the corner of my craft table for a year, and just bought a fourth block. As a professional organizer, I appreciate having "everything contained" in as little space as possible. I love how my markers don't take up a lot of room on my craft table, and the pens are so easy to see.

If you are purchasing these blocks, realize that you are only getting one block; not the "stand" as pictured. When I originally got my blocks, I counted the number of markers I had and assumed I'd be getting more. At the time, I only really needed two blocks, but the Copic markers are so addictive once you start using them!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good organizer!, August 18, 2013
Nancy J. Riley (Fairmont, WV United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Copic Markers Block Stand (Misc.)
I love that this allows me to keep my color families together in numerical order. I do wish that each marker section held 3 markers rather than two. Another suggestion that I'd offer is that it would be nice to be able to have a turntable adapter that could be purchased to place underneath the bottom stand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product!, January 17, 2013
This review is from: Copic Markers Block Stand (Misc.)
My son loved the product to organize his Copic Markers. I, on the other hand, didn't understand by the description that I needed to order multiple boxes to stack. The ad seemed to imply that "1" box held 72 markers. When we received it, there were no instructions on how to use this item and had to figure it out by trial and error. Loved the product once we figured out how to use it, but wished I would have ordered a couple more as "1" block doesn't hold "72" markers. When you see the picture, it appears that you get a tall storage unit and when I received it and only saw "1" small block, I was disappointed as this was a gift, and I felt embarrassed that I didn't get what I saw in the ad. Ad needs to make sure the customer know that in order to store "72" markers, you need to order "3" blocks to stack in order to get what you see in the picture!!! I would recommend this to anyone who wants to store their expensive Copic Markers. It is durable and holds the markers well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as expected, April 14, 2014
This review is from: Copic Markers Block Stand (Misc.)
For those who are not able to tell by the description. You obviously do not get multiple Copic stackable block stands for only $20/$32. You only get the single block and you keep building on it from there. So now that, that is out of the way!

This was just as expected if not better. In the product description it says that it only fits Copic and Copic Sketch but you can also use this for Copic Wide, Caio and even Prismacolor (if you have a few Prismacolor markers and need a place for those too) so I put all of my markers in these block stands. Just so you know though, if you have Copic sketch the markers will not fill the spaces exactly like the Copics in the picture because Sketch and Caio are rounded and smaller in diameter =] but it still looks very nice, neat and organized.

5.0 out of 5 stars quality stand, February 8, 2014
This review is from: Copic Markers Block Stand (Misc.)
I bought this for my newly aquired copics. This stand is sturdy and takes up very little space on my desk. I like how the pens are only on two sides so I can put the stand in a corner. This makes using my copics much easier and more fun!

2.0 out of 5 stars not worth the money, April 12, 2013