5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource for patients and caregivers, April 21, 2010
M. Bryant (E. Hanover, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Coping with an Organ Transplant: A Practical Guide (Coping With Series) (Paperback)
This book was extremely useful for me as I have struggled with caring for a liver transplant recipient. The various challenges are clearly discussed and enough information is presented that it can get you started on dealing with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Coping With an Organ Transplant; a Practical Guide, August 14, 2011
This book kept me from beccoming a basket case when my husband was facing an organ transplant. It was written by a Rice U. prof who was a transplant patient and a transplant RN whose husband was also a transplant patient. Some of the info may be out of date but the basic info is still good. It probably saved me from a nervous breakdwon. My husband of over 40 years went virtually overnight from being someone in perfect health & never ill to someone with cancer, whose only hope for a cure was a transplant.
I think enough of the book that I am ordering another for a friend whose son needs a transplant. Loaned my copy to someone else & it has never found its way home. Hope it is being put to good use!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to find, great to get, June 16, 2011
This book was recommended by the transplant coordinator at St Vincent's in Sydney. Still working our way through it, but good to be able to obtain through Amazon.

Coping with an Organ Transplant: A Practical Guide (Coping With Series)
Used & New from: $4.22