5.0 out of 5 stars Great Start to New Season
Published 19 months ago by Daniel E. Waitkoss

3.0 out of 5 stars I absolutely loved it...
No seriously I loved it. Why the three stars because some moron decided to cancel it. They didn't even have the decency to finish it by giving it a decent series finale but instead left it as a cliff hanger, never to be continued. Sob.
Published 11 months ago by Y. Mura

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Start to New Season, July 5, 2013
There were two summer series last year that really had me watching--as usual they were on a the same time & night--and these were "Copper" and "Longmire". Of the two, "Copper" was more arresting (no pun intended) and kept me glued through the run wondering what happened to Mrs. Corcoran and being amazed at the job that BBC America had done for this series. The stories were well-told, quite shocking at times, and while the main mystery was solved, there were still strings that were never answered. Untill now.

I will not go into the story-line, let the viewers have that pleasure first hand, but needless to say, it is a good yarn, well-told, some beastly crimes, a bit of humor, and many questions to be answered. The acting is top-notch with Tom Weston-Jones doing a superb job along with the rest of the cast. The sets look like a city in decay, except for the homes of the well-to-do and you can almost smell the streets of Five-Points. The show is also bringing in the strange history of Tamany Hall--that might be mis-spelled--and how it slowly moved into a seat of power that will last for generations. Good acting. Good stories. Great production values. I hope to see Corky and the boys for several more seasons! BBC America, if you make more shows like this, you will become a power to be reckoned with!

5.0 out of 5 stars Copper 2 is very interesting, July 24, 2013
Copper: I love the story of the struggle of the Irish immigrants in America. My ancestors lived in the 5 Points and my great grandfather fought in the civil war and was given citizenship after serving for 4 years. While doing my family's genealogy I did lots of reading about the challenges these ancestors faced. This show brings this historical period even more alive than my imagination can do on its own.
I would definitely recommend this show to anyone and especially to those whose families lived in the slums of New York during this period in history. It made me admire these people even more and appreciate what they went through to pave the way for me. Also, my other Irish great grandfather was "a Copper"...a police lieutenant!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Yay! Copper is back!, June 10, 2013
I thought "Copper" was one of those great shows that didn't grab all of the demographics and numbers to satisfy the networks - in other words, a great show that bites the dust to bean counters. BUT, it's BACK!!!! Moody, depressed, up and down in quality episodes, overall an excellent representation of the grit and grime of its historical period with a well-played, darkly principled protagonist. I am looking forward to some great drama in the new season of Copper.

5.0 out of 5 stars great series, July 4, 2013
Leave it to the British to make a great series of the early coppers of NYPD what a rich history the country has. Keep up the great series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Series of the Season, July 12, 2013
Season one was so outstanding in writing, acting, costuming and set design that the excellent and unique character development flowed into this viewers consciousness as though I were transported back to that era in New York City's hard crime & poverty neighborhood portrayed here and the Civil War survivor & imperfect soldier "Corky" Corcoran, turned Copper becomes as real as a neighbor you know intimately and want to protect. So many integral characters and substories of true events made me smile with pleasure at the anouncement of Season two, already continuing all of the attributes listed. I predict many seasons of this fine production. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!, June 27, 2013
Great fun!!One of the best period series I Have ever seen. I cant wait for new shows to come on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Season 2 of Copper, June 27, 2013
I watched Season 1, and couldn't get enough of it. When I found out, there was a Season 2, I was thrilled. It's one of the best series I have seen in quite a while.

3.0 out of 5 stars I absolutely loved it..., February 6, 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars Too bad, July 14, 2013
Stuart "Sailor52" (New York, NY, United States) - See all my reviews
Sorry to say this season is not really as good as the last. There are glaring gaps in the story line, which are poorly filled in when they bother to. Also the writing seems poor for this season. Either they changed writers or whomever was writing lost his creative 'thread, which is a pity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Copper Reels Me In!, June 27, 2013
This series is great on so many levels...depends if you want to rate based on the handsome men of Copper, the excellent costuming of the characters or just the backstory of each of these characters & how they came to be who they are in Five Points.

Copper: Season 2
Copper: Season 2 by Tom Weston-Jones (DVD - 2014)
$49.98 $14.96