Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

80%
20%
Format: Hardcover|Change

on October 7, 2013
I'd recommend it to anyone who loves poetry that seems so true, so straight to the heart of the matter in a wonderful voice.
I like the language which mirrors the beauty of the islands where I also once lived. I was saddened by the history that is seen behind the recitals but c'est la vie. I'd recommend it to any one who likes the poetry of Walt Whitman, Billy Collins, Darrell Bourque or Gerard Manly Hopkins.
on August 12, 2013
Deep meanings and memories so superbly expressed. I appreciated some of the local Hawaiian scenery and hearing of some of the same Italian locations where my husband served in WW2.
Requires a dictionary along side the book; I learned the meaning of some words new to me--an aspiring poet/writer with an MA degree.
Even without recognizing many of the advanced poetic techniques, the writing touches one's heart and soul.
on August 16, 2012
Coral Road is Garrett Hongo at the height of his powers (and I hope this height is an endless plateau). In subject and in style (not to mention the extraordinarily lavish production Knopf has lavished on this volume) Coral Road is among the best books of poetry published this year. It is not to be missed.
on April 1, 2012
This is an interesting collection of poems that focus on the Japanese-American experience in Hawaii and during World War 2. This is not an easy collection to understand , but take your time and talk your way through it and you will find it very rewarding and revealing.
on February 18, 2015
Hongo uses an interesting style of English language to bring in the different cultures: Japanese, Hawaiian, American. The sentences are beautiful and really gets to the reader.