5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value and Performance
Published 4 months ago by Steven C. McAfee

2.0 out of 5 stars These are not very nice. Skip them.
I purchased these because I was looking for thin shoe laces and have been disappointed that they are not nice at all. The appear to be wax covered and when the wax invariably wears off they look awful. Skip them.
Published 1 month ago by Mike Schinkel

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value and Performance, September 8, 2014
Steven C. McAfee (Newport Beach, CA) - See all my reviews
Excellent replacement laces for my Florsheim 10 hole size 10.5 leather dress shoes. Note that these laces are thinner than the originals but perform just as well. Also, I measured 28 inches (on a replacement lace I was using) before ordering so I ordered 27 inches, which worked perfect. I replaced the other (original) lace as well and it measured 29 inches. So anything between 27 and 30 should work fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality, Good Function, July 3, 2014
Some reviewers have commented on the problem of getting waxed laces to "hold", that is, they would come loose on their own. Several years ago, I found that crossing a lace over itself twice instead of the usual single overhand twist provides enough contact area that they never come loose on their own.

4.0 out of 5 stars They stay tied, and are nice and thin, September 12, 2014
These look very nice with my black shoes: I like the look of thin laces. The wax really helps them to hold: I now only single-tie my shoes! They seem to be standing up to normal use well, and the price was good (considering two pairs of laces). As the laces are rubbed from tying them, the wax does make them appear a bit dusty/lighter colors where the abrasion was... but not enough to be noticed aside from tying them.
I would recommend this product to anyone who wants a nice, clean-looking, thin set of laces, and is looking for waxed laces so they stay tied.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, American-made waxed shoe laces that stay tied!, August 26, 2014
Mr. Met (El Cajon, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Good value and service. I like that these laces are American-made. Haven't worn them very long, so cannot attest to durability. They fit exactly as expected. I prefer waxed laces to the cotton ones that now typically come with men's dress shoes, and routinely become untied, unless you double-knot them. What adult wants to double-knot shoelaces, especially one that travels through airports a lot and has to remove shoes -- which sometimes requires awkward fumbling to untie double-knotted shoelaces!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Laces, Great Packing, September 1, 2014
Laces arrived in sensible envelope which fit in my mailbox, unlike other laces I have received which arrived in tiny plastic envelopes within giant boxes filled with little plastic bags of air ( high tech packing). Very wasteful. Anyway, one star for the packing.

Otherwise, the laces are as advertised. Good length, strong looking (have not used them long enough to verity), look.good in the shoe. If they hold - up strength-wise, they will be perfect. Time will tell.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good so far, January 8, 2015
I bought these to replace the fraying strings on my Florsheim dress shoes. The originals were not waxed like these, and they would not stay tied unless I double knotted them, which did not look particularly nice, but worked. These new waxed strings stay tied very well. However they have a greyish appearance because of the wax so they contrast with the shoe color a little, but I can live with that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch Goods, January 2, 2015
Why would I buy shoe laces on-line? Well because I got tired of frequenting variety stores, dollar stores, drug stores and shoe stores looking for inferior goods or goods that were just plain not there.
These are great - waxed like waxed was meant to be. They stretch just a wee bit, don't bind no matter how tight you think you make them AND they don't come untied!
I'll be back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 14, 2014
good shoe laces

4.0 out of 5 stars Thin, May 21, 2014
PROS: Fast shipping for free standard shipping. Made in USA product. Quality Cordohyde material. 2 pair for a cheap prize.
CONS: The only thing that I did not expect is the diameter, which is not a standard size. The lace are "Thin" which I am not expected.

Overall I am happy for the prize and quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars best laces on ebay, January 13, 2015
these look even better than the laces I usually get from Allen Edmonds for my 10 pairs of AE shoes. They stay tied like CRAZY. I wish they came in more sizes. They might be the best laces i've ever used, and the price is awesome.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›