5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Surprised by Quality!
I have always preferred bamboo cutting boards to their plastic counterpart... they do not dull my knives, and are frankly nicer to look at than stained plastic cutting boards.

Published 21 months ago by Lake Stevens Mama

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality
Published 17 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Surprised by Quality!, August 1, 2012
This review is from: Core Bamboo 10488AM Amazon Exclusive Bamboo Cutting Board Set, 3-Piece (Kitchen)

The only issue I have found when purchasing bamboo cutting boards is that they can be pricey to get a substantial thickness... if the price is inexpensive, the board is probably paper-thin.

I decided to take a gamble and try this three-pack of bamboo cutting boards. I have seen others available on the site at or near the same price-point, but I loved the rounded edges of these boards, and their story of ethical responsibility to the environment and the people who craft them. I was very skeptical about how quality they could actually be because the price was so cheap!

I must say, when these arrived in the mail I was taken-aback by how much heavier the package was compared to what I was expecting; each board was substantially thicker than I expected.

These boards are extremely handsome and worthy of counter-top display if you are tight on drawer space, the corner hole for holding the board doubles nicely as a hole to hang the board up and out of the way too.

I am very pleased with my purchase and will definitely purchase Core Bamboo products again. I have started looking into other products they make and this 'spun' and 'crushed' bamboo line of kitchen products look beautiful. Quite honestly, I also really like having something unique that all my friends do not have!

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING SET OF CUTTING BOARDS!!!, July 23, 2012
Steveyboy (Staten Island, NY, US) - See all my reviews
When I purchased this set of bamboo cutting boards, I was primarily motivated by the price. When they came 2 days later, I couldn't believe how happy I was. I have purchased Core Bamboo products in the past and love them all but this deal is simply the best yet. This set would easily be worth more than double the price Amazon is charging for it.

The quality of the boards is just as good as you would expect of Core Bamboo. They are thick enough to handle being used but thin enough to easily store them when not in use.

The 3 sizes in the set are perfect for just about anything you want to cut and prep. I use the 8 x 6 for cutting apples or prepping cocktails. I use the 11 x 8.5 for cutting veggies and preparing sandwiches and the 13 x 9.5 for carving meats and poultry. I wash them with warm water and soap and they are holding up beautifully! I have owned bamboo cutting boards in the past from other companies and this set is by far the most superior of them all.

Regarding portability, they are the perfect thickness, making them extremely easy to store, whether you live in a big house, small apartment or college dorm.

All in all, this set is a great buy and I highly recommend it to anyone!

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, November 24, 2012
I bought a set of these about a month and a half ago. They seemed pretty sturdy at first, and I didn't have any of the problems with then splintering that a few people had described. I noticed a couple weeks ago though that the largest one had warped a little bit, and it was starting to crack where the strips of bamboo were attached together. Today it broke in half while I was cutting some chicken up for dinner. The mid-sized one is starting to show the same cracks, so I'm guessing it's not going to last much longer either. So far the smallest one hasn't started cracking, but I'm sure it'll happen eventually. I definitely wouldn't waste my money on these. If you're going to get bamboo cutting boards, get something thicker and sturdier. Or buy a different material altogether.

2.0 out of 5 stars They are very thin and pretty small., November 11, 2012
They look really cute. They are thinner than I expected and smaller as well. The quality seems ok. Three bamboo cutting boards only cost 13.22 (I got them when they were on sale). The quality is ok for that cheap price.

modified after using it for a week.

-------------------

Change the star from three to two. This product is overpriced. If you look for a decent board, don't pick this one. Their quality is not good. I did not soak them into the water. I just rinse them and dry them. The board is not flat anymore. It is not durable for sure. I would not recommend this to anyone. You should get something better and more sturdy.

1.0 out of 5 stars They're like Gremlins. Don't get them wet., October 16, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I don't have much to say about this product other than after washing them, the boards started to warp when they were drip-drying. That's generally not a good sign if you're looking for a cutting board with actual structural integrity. The large one is on the verge of splitting down the middle if any weight is put on it. I had to throw it out after one washing.

Save your money.

1.0 out of 5 stars broke in two after one use, March 22, 2013
These boards are useless. The large board broke in two after it was washed lightly after first use. Worthless . . . waste of money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, attractive set, yet, September 20, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm not in love with these. While it may be a good value for 3 boards, they're thin, which is good for storage, but the lack of a gulley/grove around the edge to catch drips is a huge disappointment. These boards are great for cutting fruits and veggies, definitely not good for a thick juicy steak. Also had a large juicy tomato that eventually leaked/ran off the board onto the counter. The lack of any kind of friction on the bottom permits the board to slide around the counter top, and that is driving me nuts. I'm going to check the hardware section for something that could be applied to prevent sliding without taking away from the natural beauty of the boards.

1.0 out of 5 stars Short-lived, March 23, 2013
I like bamboo cutting boards, but these are too thin. Although they were only washed by hand, they cracked and broke very quickly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cracked in half after less than a month, March 17, 2013
These were delivered to me on 2/25/13. I was very excited when I got them, I love that they were easy to store and the different sizes made it easy to work in small spaces. But today is 3/17/13, and I picked up the middle board to use it this morning and it has a crack right down the center about 2/3 of the way. Obviously it's going to split right in half. These have only been hand-washed, and not even used that many times. This is by far the most disappointing purchase I have ever made on Amazon, and I am a very frequent shopper here. I may return them, but I do not want them replaced as I have no confidence in this product. This is truly a case of 'You get what you pay for', don't let the cheap price fool you into buying these because you'll just be throwing your money away.

Update: I did return these. Amazon made it VERY easy, and I chose the Farberware 3-Piece Wood Cutting Board Set as a replacement. Since the difference in price was less than a dollar, they just did an even swap for me. Nearly a month later, I love my new boards! They are wood, and have a drip groove around the edge, and after multiple uses they are holding up perfectly. I'm very pleased with how Amazon made this right for me with no hassle and a very easy return and replace policy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Variety, Beautiful Color, August 22, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have lots of cutting boards, but recently bought new knives and have been cautioned against using the plastic boards with them. I still do use them for things like meat, but since that is rare, only have one left that can be washed and sanitized in the dishwasher.

These boards are completely different from plastic. First, make sure you never put them in the dishwasher. Second, they are so much more pleasant to work with. They are not incredibly large, and are all thin (about 1/4 inch thick). But they aren't flimsy. I like them so much I cut veggies, then simply bring the board to the table with some hummus and my family is happy to eat family style. Also, this particular style has a whole at the corner of each one in case you want to hang on a hook.

Remember to keep citrus away from these, or at least rinse it off right away after you do. It can eat away at the coating.

I would highly recommend as a sustainable product and one that is actually enjoyable to use.

ARRAY(0xad6ab744)