5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good
Published 23 months ago by T. Prendergast

2.0 out of 5 stars Great looking but fall short of the mark
This package of bamboo cutting boards were purchased to replace a thick, double sided cutting board that lasted well beyond it's time, likely because of the premium price. Wanting to try an alternative to the heavier board, we purchased this combo that offered three different sizes, offering three different uses.

These cutting boards were very thin and porous,...
Published 22 months ago by Andrew

2.0 out of 5 stars Great looking but fall short of the mark, January 25, 2013
This review is from: Core Bamboo Classic Cutting Board Combo Pack, Natural, Small/Medium/Large (Kitchen)

These cutting boards were very thin and porous, allowing moisture to soak into the board. As a result, after each use, these boards warp considerably rendering them difficult to use. Considering the boards don't lie flat and are very thin, cutting on them is difficult and the boards move easily on my granite counter top.

For anyone who regularly uses a cutting board, I would not recommend these bamboo cutting boards. I am looking for a replacement.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, January 16, 2013
Board is warped after third use, perhaps because it's too thin and I let some washed vegetables sit on it.

Update: I followed ehow instructions on how to unwarp a bamboo cutting board. Worked fine to straighten board. Then I oiled the boards, which I should have done before even using them for the first time. I didn't realize this as I have a 20 year- old bottle of John Boos board oil that I never remember to use.

So maybe these flimsy boards are a good reminder for me to maintain all my cutting boards,

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, December 24, 2012
Let me say this is my first set of bamboo cutting boards as I recently upgraded from plastic. If I knew how much difference it would have made, I would have made the switch a long time ago! Everything seems to cut more smoothly and I never end up with little pieces of veggie stuck together because I didn't cut quite the entire way through. The only negative I have seen in using these for a few weeks is they have started to splinter just a tad - nothing causing any problems, but something worth keeping an eye on.

1.0 out of 5 stars Thin, not nicely finished and has warped already, February 15, 2013
These cutting boards are very thin, very rough and the large one warped after the 3rd time I washed it, Washed by hand and dried immediately. DONT buy these, they're terrible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for the money, January 23, 2014
So far these boards seem to be working for me. I am using mineral oil on the about once a week, to keep them looking nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT CUTTING BOARD SET- NOTHING BAD TO SAY!, December 25, 2012
Steveyboy (Staten Island, NY, US) - See all my reviews
I've owned this cutting board set for over a year and can't believe how great it is. I liked it so much I bought a few more sets to give out as wedding gifts. At $25, you get every size cutting board one can possibly need and they last a long time and hold up very well. If you really want them to last and look beautiful, just apply some mineral oil to them and rub it in once every few months (or even less often than that, depending on how often you use them) and they'll look amazing!!

I'm a critic and almost look for flaws in products, especially when buying them online.. I simply couldn't find anything wrong with this set. I've also given a few away as wedding/engagement presents and everyone I've given them to raves and raves.

Highly recommended!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a good cutting board. At all., July 29, 2014
This was the 2nd time I received this product. The first one I returned after fifteen days when the mid-sized board started to warp. I've received the replacement boards and was extra careful with them. I did not keep them in the sink or wet, always air-dried them after using. And yet, a few months after buying them I had to throw away all three as they became curved, warped and unusable. Moreover, the bamboo became stained and was unpleasant to clean. Ugh. Steer clear of this product.

2.0 out of 5 stars cutting boards actually split and fell apart after two weeks of use., July 13, 2014
I recently bought this set of Groupon for a great price. I was excited about it, and they looked great. however two weeks into using them the wood started to separate and split at each lined segment and my cutting boards actually fell apart.

...It was really disappointing. I would not purchase this product, it does not last long.

4.0 out of 5 stars bamboo does the job, April 9, 2014
These are functional and affordable. the sizes are just right for my small kitchen. pretty durable so far as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Core Bamboo Three Size Cutting Boards, March 1, 2014
If it's made of Bamboo, I love it! Bamboo is a super durable beautifully colored wood, these cutting boards are wonderful along side all the other bamboo kitchen gadgets in my 32' pull trailer RV, I like the three different sizes, I use all three for meat to vegetables, they clean up well and are well made. I would recommend these cutting boards to anyone.