From the Back Cover
The experienced Java developer's guide to persistence with JDO!
Master JDO, the breakthrough technology for persistenting Java objects!
Java Data Objects (JDO) streamlines development by providing Java-centric mechanisms for making objects persistent, and standard APIs for connecting application code with underlying persistent datastores. Core Java Data Objects is the definitive, comprehensive guide to JDO persistence for every experienced Java developer.
Using realistic code examples, this book's expert authors cover creating, reading, updating, and deleting persistent objects; object lifecycles and state transitions; JDO classes and APIs; queries, architecture, security, and much more. They show how to integrate JDO with EJB, JTA, JCA, and other J2EE technologies; and introduce best practices for using JDO in both standalone programs and J2EE components.
If you want to spend more time solving business problems and less time worrying about persistence, you need JDO. And you need the one book that'll help you make the most of JDO: Core Java Data Objects.
Every Core Series book:
- DEMONSTRATES how to write commercial quality code
- FEATURES nontrivial programs and examples--no toy code!
- FOCUSES on the features and functions most important to real developers
- PROVIDES objective, unbiased coverage of cutting-edge technologies -- no hype!
Core Java Data Objects delivers:
- Practical examples showing how JDO can be applied to existing applications
- Powerful insights for using JDO to architect new systems more effectively
- Step-by-step guidance for integrating JDO with other J2EE technologies
- Best practices for using JDO in real-world business environments
About the Author
SAMEER TYAGI is Enterprise Java Architect at Sun Microsystems' Java Center in Burlington, MA. He co-authored Professional JSP, Professional JSP-J2EE Edition, and Professional Java Server Programming-J2EE Edition, and writes regularly for Java Pro, JavaWorld, and Java Developers Journal.
MICHAEL VORBURGER is Chief Software Architect for Vertical*I, a firm providing enterprise software solutions to the life sciences industries. He has implemented large-scale persistence systems inspired by the JDO standard.
KEIRON MCCAMMON, CTO, Versant Corporation, responsible for product strategy and direction, has worked with finance and telecom customers to develop and deploy large scale Java/J2EE distributed object solutions. A member of the JDO expert group, he presents regularly on JDO at leading events.
HEIKO BOBZIN, also a member of the JDO expert group, led JDO and ODMG 3.0 implementation at Poet Software.