Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on July 18, 2013
So far nothing to complain, bought as a laptop alternative to my normally used Photoshop/LightRoom/PhaseOne/NIK packages run on desctop. Runs on 64-bit Win7 w/o a hitch. Fast, very intuitive user interface.

No program is perfect, there will be always someone complaining on the web. Realistically, for over 50% this will be more than enough to get started w/o a steep learning curve. You can also get free or paid (Topaz Lab, NIK) plugins that essentially bring the PS functionality w/o getting involved with Adobe CC long term issues.

Donload the demo and give it a try. I've tried dozens of photoeditors and based on the combination of features, ease of use, low demand for computer resources/speed and price this one sits very close to the top.
55 comments|21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2013
Great program runs great on Linux. The bad news is it looks like Corel has abandoned the program and the community. They fired the original developers. There has never been any official announcement and the AfterShot Pro forums are totally ignored. Just go on them and read.

Buy it if you need a great program but just know it might just stay exactly how it is for years to come.
on December 9, 2013
To be honest it was free.....but it looks nice and its similar to any major SW like Lightroom, which I am familiar with. I am sure it is much more powerful than the free stuff from Google etc. If you want to spend somewhere in between FREE and ~$120...then look into this one. Personally if you are going to spend significant time editing photos its worth investing in the thing you are MOST comfortable with.....
on March 8, 2014
Maybe I just don't know post processing software that well, but this software doesn't impress me. It seems to have a very small set of plugins, free or otherwise. Lightroom seems to abound with plugins. No HDR. The best part is lens correction.
on September 13, 2014
This is probably good if you are a professional, or at least an experienced photographer. I am an amature and I am not happy with the product and consider it money thrown out the window. I have had other photo editors that work really well and are intuitive. This in NOT intuitive at all, to me.
on April 15, 2014
I am not very thrilled with Corel AfterShot Pro. It is very complicated and I could never get it to save pictures in a different folder properly. I'm not a geek, but I do know my way around a computer. I don't recommend it for the average photographer.
on November 7, 2013
It's very complicated (hence the word PRO in the title), but very useful once you get the hang of it.
not intuitive to use. I'm not sure the de-noise add ons available from Corel do anything at all. I don't see the point in using RAW, as I don't see a significant difference from the JPEGs my camera produces all by itself.
on November 6, 2013
not the easy program I thought, takes alot of time and not for the regular photo customer that wants to do quick fix and I use more complicated photo programs so this is mid range without the results I expected good thing I got it with a free promotion
on November 5, 2013
Very easy to use. Almost intuitive. The price was right on this at the time ($00.00)! Corel has had some pretty good "sleeper products" that don't make the main stream but are as good as the default standars out there.