5.0 out of 5 stars Plugins to die for!
This is a wonderful collection of 24 plugins for graphics programs such as Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro. My favourites are KPT Fibre Optix and KPT Hyper Tiling, but they are all fun to play with.

Published on June 5, 2005 by Gillian Buchanan

1.0 out of 5 stars Corel KPT - no show
Note the previous review dates for this product. I tried installing it on my new 27" Mac, with no success. Photoshop does not recognize the plugins. I loved the old KPT filters; but they will evidently not work on the new Macs, and Corel has apparently made no effort to inform customers of this fact.
Published on February 17, 2010 by Arthur Chandler

5.0 out of 5 stars Plugins to die for!, June 5, 2005
This review is from: Corel KPT Collection (CD-ROM)

The interface is quite complex, beautifully designed and very different from other computer programs to look at. Each function comes in a floating window which you can move to anywhere within the dialogue box that suits you, and the functions are accessed via drop down menus in the floating windows. Each window can save presets and there is in addition a preset button which allows you to access the overall presets for the relevant plugin. A full PDF file manual is included on the disk and it's a good idea to read it.

Each plugin is a computer program in itself and can be used to create many different effects. I love the spray brush in the Gel plugin which creates a bubble effect when dragged across the image!

I had wanted this set of plugins for some time before I took the plunge and purchased, and I have not been disappointed. It's well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Filter Mania, March 31, 2004
This review is from: Corel KPT Collection (CD-ROM)
Great plug-in for PhotoShop. There are 24 filters to work with.
The effects ranged from very outlandish like the Goo filter to the world of Frax 4D. There were many subtleties in some of the filters that took a little while to figure out. Some of the effects distorted the original photo to the point that you could not honestly say what it was which in some cases was pretty spectacular. You could take simple objects like a colored circle and make some very awesome designs. You could create a whole world of effects just using the filters and something simple or you could subtly or greatly alter a picture.
The sliders weren't quite as responsive for minute tweaks so I would just click on the numbers in the white control panel and type in what I wanted. Each filter came with a set of presets that you could expand upon. You could create your own preset then save simply by telling it to Save Preset. You could export and import presets into this program also.
Some of the filters had a bit of a learning curve to figure them out. There was a question mark in the upper right hand corner of the workspace that would take you to the Acrobat file of that specific filter and it would give you some great information on how it works. I found this very valuable for the filters that were not as straight forward.
Some of the filters like "Fluid", "Goo" & "Projector" you could make short animations with them and export them out as a Quick Time Movie Or Pict Sequence. So you could make a modification record it in one of the film strips make another modification and so on to make a mini movie. I loved this feature a lot. (I only wished that Frax 4D had this feature my absolute favorite filter followed closely by Frax Flame II.)
While the program might be a little pricey for some for a plug-in it is well worth it. I loved these filters. I spent so many hours playing with them that my mouse finger developed a callous.

4.0 out of 5 stars An expensive, fascinating niche product, which, November 22, 2003
This review is from: Corel KPT Collection (CD-ROM)
helps to empower siginificantly your digital art work. Like many niche products it is significantly more expensive then the basic products with broad functionality, in this case the consumer imaging programs à la Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0, Photo Impact, Corel Photo Paint or others. Appropiatley used the filters of this collection give your digital art work the special, distintive "touch".
This version works flawless with Irfan View (!), Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 as well as Corel Photo Paint 9 and 11 and is part of my standard tool box. The user interface was like all other KPT tools a brilliant star in the past, in the early nineties, but isn't approbiate anymore, considering actual ergonomic and usability requirements and practices.
Decisive for me was ONE filter in the collection, Pyramid Paint; Pyramid Paint gives the pictures the touch and look of late 19th century paintings.
Summary: the filters of the KPT collection are a real empowering "differentiator" for your digital images with a significant price tag. You should really consider to buy them, if you are seriously interested in digital image enhancements.

1.0 out of 5 stars Corel KPT - no show, February 17, 2010

1.0 out of 5 stars Corel KPT collection, March 9, 2011
This review is from: Corel KPT Collection (CD-ROM)
Corel KPT collection, a plug-in for Photoshop does not work in PS CS5. Nowhere is this information available at the time of purchase. So I wasted $99 and cannot use the software. I find this highly annoying. Worse, Corel does not offer support, since the product was not bought directly from them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, April 26, 2011
This review is from: Corel KPT Collection (CD-ROM)
I recently purchased PaintShop Pro Photo & Video Bundle X3 on Amazon for $39.99 (Super great deal) and received 4 KPT Collection Filters with my purchase. I liked the filters so much that I upgraded my PSPX3 Photo & Video Bundle to the Ultimate version for an extra $29.99 on Corels site in which I received all 24 KPT filters that come with the Ultimate version. Instead of paying $99.99 for the filters alone. The filters are really cool and adds a lot more things that you can do with your program. I highly recommend the filters, and also PSPX3. They work great with PaintShop Pro Photo versions and versions 5,6,& 7 of Adobe PhotoShop.

3.0 out of 5 stars KPT ?????, March 18, 2011
This review is from: Corel KPT Collection (CD-ROM)
I'm dying to try outr a new KPT Collection package that I bought on Amazon but it won't install on my new Mac with CS5. I see someone else has had the same problem. Does any one know how to get it working?

1.0 out of 5 stars Previews too small to be of practical value, January 15, 2012
This review is from: Corel KPT Collection (CD-ROM)
The previews are so small that they are of no practical use for me. I use a 27" monitor and the tiny previews are just totally useless. They are larger than postage stamps but that's about all the positives I can say for it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Plug-In results are unlimited., December 4, 2008
This review is from: Corel KPT Collection (CD-ROM)
KPT Collection is a set of 24 Plug-Ins (I use with PSP X2), with a large variety of Controls, Presets, and Settings. Fairly easy to pick up on, which is good, considering the poorly written Help areas. The Major problem is the really rotten Preview Screen. The choice seems to be large look at tiny segment or too small an image. My version was also a Legacy program, but for the price, it didn't really matter.

2.0 out of 5 stars NO Support at Corel for fluid, December 7, 2008
This review is from: Corel KPT Collection (CD-ROM)
Fluid has problems forwarding and backwarding on the show movie and making movie section section. Can't froward or backward in the movie nor in fluid filter.

Found others on the internet that had the same problems.

When I went to Corel's web page they had no FAQ's for KPT nor KPT fluid. And no help section for them either.

Corel KPT Collection
Corel KPT Collection by Corel (Mac OS 9 and below, Windows 2000 / Me / NT / XP)
Out of stock